User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Wow, I tested 8w7. I don't know what that means, but I have lots of friends who don't think I'm a caveman . . . . er . . . woman. I've never backed out of a fight and even talked a guy on crank out of knifing my good friend . . . but no one has ever accused me of barking orders (except my kids-and thats only after reason, pleas and other things haven't worked sufficiently.)

It sounds like we're using Enneagram as a politically correct way to be prejudiced here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I don't think I know any 8s at all, but I love these completely subversive strategies.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I don't think I know any 8s at all, but I love these completely subversive strategies.
    You're a fortunate lady.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I think I've met an 8 before. Men 8s are different than woman 8s btw. But what I found is I can't hold my ground with an 8 in a work situation but can in an interpersonal encounter. One other thing is I found that IV stack makes a big difference in whether I get in problems with this Etype. I don't appreciate, for example, estj 8 types who are trying to climb the ladder.

at work i'm comfused when a E2 acts like an 8. For sure I have problems with this person!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Well when you aren't submitting to them, yet letting them be correct. That's how I deal with them, and it infuriates them. It's the 9w8's passive way of controlling the environment- be totally unaffected and control it by being this way. Like being a giant boulder resisting a river or flood. 8's control everything to avoid being controlled themselves, so when they detect that I'm not being controlled yet turning everything around and controlling them by not submitting, they get more angry. It's funny.

I have much less issues with 8w9s than I do with 8w7s. 8w9s don't try to overwhelm people like 8w7s do, 8w7s think that the best defense is a good offense in life, while it's the opposite for an 8w9. They think that the best defense is to be unbreakable.
    I doubt the 9's issues of dealing with it by completely ignoring actually works, they'll just push harder and harder when they know you are a pushover. Sometimes ignoring works, but sometimes fighting back is a another way to deal with it.

You kind of have to use a bit of both. One thing to do is don't try to overpower them at once in a conversation or battle (that is impoosible, because if you shout hard, they'll just shout harder), you got to fight a long protracted war and break them down.

It's another thread where people make shit up. Par for the course.
    You know Jaguar, I have so much respect for you I am just going to let you have the last word.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Smile Monkey Dance

[YOUTUBE="wvsboPUjrGc"]8w7 Monkey Dance[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="KMU0tzLwhbE"]Developers!![/YOUTUBE]

DEVELOPERS!! DEVELOPERS!!! DEVELOPERS!!! DEVELOPERS!!
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Someone is smoking crack.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    nine

I have worked with a 8 w 7 wing for 21 years. What I have found that works best is to agree with waht they say, when they give you work assignments, agree to them all, the do nothing. the next time they ask about it, agree with them, then do nothing, works great! It is not like you are breaking the rules, just not following the rules... Eventually there will be a confrontation, and it will work out.
    Jon

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I haven't figured out how to argure with my 8 friend (don't know wing). Body armour is typically in order.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

When he issue verbal threats, say you are only forgetful and have panic attacks. You cannot remember anything when someone shouts and yells.
    close.

dont stop at memory.
    if threatened, loose your voice. and the rest of your mind.

if a command does not make sense to me, i will possibly indicate that i do not understand it. i will ask to clarify and make gestures like holding my head slantwise, reading from his lips and still fail to comprehend. it is only honest because i dont comprehend these people, so it is easy to do. i have recently tested this with a drunken psycho who got mad at me in a supermarket. i have learned this technique from my mother, who finally found a way to ignore the commands of my father. she developed a bad case of alzheimer's. it does not really stop him from repeating his commands for a while, but he can hardly argue with someone who does not understand any of it. (i am not saying anything of this is related to enneagram)

the important thing in this technique is to really feel into how it is the truth that i do not comprehend him. this disconnects me emotionally, so i am all silent inside. and acting out this "not comprehending" reassures this stillness in my mind. i will not mix the event with projections from my shadow, that would wrap the event into images, that make me believe that i do understand what is going on with this psycho. images like i have him figured out: "he is stupid, empty inhumane, simple". i must be mildly curious, but not about what he says, only about the hidden things. literally asking him to clarify is problematic. i must not mean it. that would be like inviting a vampire in your house. best to use nothing but gestures.