• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] 1w2

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I read the description of 1w2, it fit me to a T. I'm curious if anyone else has had the same experience, and what is it like for you?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could see that fitting with:

ESFJ, ESTJ, ENFJ

your typical ESFJ might be 3w2 though, which looks totally different than a 1w2 ESFJ. The martyr ones are more 2w3. Youre definitely not an archetype of any one ennea/mbti pair.

(FYI im a 1w9)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I have pretty much narrowed down my choices to EXXJ unless someone can make a compelling case for ENFP.

I'm shocked more people are not 1w2. WOW. Damn. :shock:

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm shocked more people are not 1w2. WOW. Damn. :shock:

It seems to me like this combination is quite common for ESTJ women, but there are just a few of them on this board. Don't panic, I'm sure you're not alone :newwink:

I can imagine ENFJ and ESFJ too, although I know mostly 2w3 and 2w1. I imagine 2 is more common for FJs, but then there is at least one girl who I do suspect of being ENFJ 1w2. She is considerably less sweet and more efficient than the 2s :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems to me like this combination is quite common for ESTJ women, but there are just a few of them on this board. Don't panic, I'm sure you're not alone :newwink:

I can imagine ENFJ and ESFJ too, although I know mostly 2w3 and 2w1. I imagine 2 is more common for FJs, but then there is at least one girl who I do suspect of being ENFJ 1w2.

Phew...okay...because I've never been more sure of anything than I'm 1w2. I mean, I figured this out a long time ago, checked many times, and never changed my mind, and damn - that's saying something.

1w2 it is. Now the other part....that still needs to be deciphered. But we're going in the direction of EXXJ, right? Right. Okay.

Now maybe if I write my thought processes down often enough in my new blog, and get some feedback on that rather than all the bloody folk typology I've been engaged in recently, we'll be in business. I hope.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder if EJCC is a 1w2. That'd be interesting to know.

***calls out into the open forum*** Ohhhhhh EJCCeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh wait, I can go to her ask an ESTJ thread. Duh.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See? Check it out:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||| 34%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||| 34%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 30%

Definitely a 1. Definitely not a 9. Definitely a strong 2. perfect 1w2. Checked the descriptions and BINGO - perfect fit. Seriously.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EJCC Reporting for duty! *salutes* :D

I'm pretty sure that I'm a 1, but I dunno what wing I am. There used to be a website with good wing descriptions, but it disappeared. Do you know of anything I can read to clarify, wing-wise? And possibly some confirmation to see if I strike YOU as being a 1? I'm still uncertain about it...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D HAHAHAHA! Report, lieutenant!

No, but seriously, I can relate to a lot of what you're saying. I'm DEFINITELY NOT a cold one either.

May I posture a hypothesis? Maybe if we are indeed 1w2, and I KNOW I am - it's the first type description where I'm like holy crap - the TWO mellows out the ONE to make it a WARM two? Maybe? What do you think?

Check out my results for two. Very high. It makes me a soft, comfy ONE. But still one that is dead-set on perfection, doing everything just right, being on time, and blah blah blah - BUT for people - not for prestige.

Besides, I'm female, and well, you know how that goes. Gender has an influence on personality, too, I'm sure.

***waits for attack from the feminist lefties***

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Dude, I'm as liberal as they come, and I agree with you on that. (Sometimes I get pissed off at women for being so emotional, lol :doh:)

I think they overemphasize the resentment factor in the descriptions, though. For me, anyways (if, in fact, I AM a 1), I think they should emphasize the NEED TO DO THINGS CORRECTLY. When someone asks me to do things that I'm unfamiliar with, I ask a bazillion questions to make sure I'm doing everything the way it's supposed to be done. I misinterpreted that as being a 6-ish need for approval, but I think it's more of a 1-ish fear of failure. Do you relate?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah as Babylon said, I think it's fitting for all EJs except ENTJs, and probably for all IJs except INTJs.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Yeah as Babylon said, I think it's fitting for all EJs except ENTJs, and probably for all IJs except INTJs.

Why do you think so? I suspect my mum of being an INTJ 1w2, although I'm not sure about that yet. Also, I think I might know one ENTJ who is either 1w2 or 2w1. It's possible she's actually an ENFJ and the Enneagram makes her more T-ish, though. Or the other way round :D

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you think so? I suspect my mum of being an INTJ 1w2, although I'm not sure about that yet. Also, I think I might know one ENTJ who is either 1w2 or 2w1. It's possible she's actually an ENFJ and the Enneagram makes her more T-ish, though. Or the other way round :D

NFJs are DIRECTING in their interaction style. "Directing over informing" is often conflated with T behavior on TypeC. I would think its far more likely that shes ENFJ. Considering that even 3w2 EXFJs can be overly helpful/martyr like, I would think that a 2 or w2 NTJ would just be a very very conflicted personality. If she appears to be functioning normally on the outside then I'd suspect that she doesnt have such a conflicting ennea/MBTI. Its however completely possible that if she self inventoried she could reveal that, indeed, she is that conflicted (2 or w2 NTJ).

It all comes down to:
1. Any pairing is possible in theory (MBTI/ennea)
2. The conflicted pairings are probably more rare than we think, and are probably only known to the user themselves (as they have figured out some sort of functioning facade of themselves).
3. Some pairs are probably more conflicting than others.

Whose more conflicted:
1w9 ENFJ or 1w2 ENTJ?

How functional can a 7w8 ISTJ be? How functional can a 4w5 ENTJ be? Up close to the theories and their definitions, you'll notice that there's nothing absolutely preventing an ISTJ from being a 7. However, if you really take a step back, detach and view the situation from "far away", its obvious that the ISTJ would look so different from the stereotypical ISTJ that its very unlikely you'd every accurately type him as ISTJ 7 (the natural balancing point for this "conflicted pair" might end up looking like an XXXX).

I think the more conflicted your MBTI/ennea, the harder it is to type yourself with MBTI, because you'll feel less differentiated (as I think jung would put it). You'll feel less compelled to act as you think. The ESTJ 4w5 would feel confused as to how they act or think. the 5w6 INTP is going to have a lot less doubts about his type, than the 9w1 INTP. There are shades of gray though. I think my 1w9 is slightly conflicted with ENFJ (enough that it makes me feel less differentiated cognitively), but its not so conflicted that it makes typing myself impossible.

So LL
1. you probably have a slightly conflicted MBTI/Ennea pair
2. you're 1w2 normally matches up XSXJ and ENFJ
3. if you were figure out your socionics type (like ennea, i think its an easier system to type conflicted people), then we could maybe cross reference your ennea and socionics type.

For example, based on some stats greed gave me, the EIE (ENFj) is about 1:1:1 of being ENFP:ENFJ:ESFP. If we cross referenced this with your ennea, we could eliminate the less conlicted pairs (say ENFJ 1w2) and we'd be left with ENFP and ESFP. This is just an example though, you could be a socionics ENFp ESFj ESFp etc etc etc....

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I read the description of 1w2, it fit me to a T. I'm curious if anyone else has had the same experience, and what is it like for you?
Do you mean, what's it like to be that type?

Do you still know the address, cause if so you can still check it out at Internet archive.
By "it disappeared", I mean that Geocities doesn't recognize that it exists anymore. Here's the link.

Do you know of any other good sites for finding information like that?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMG I FOUND YOUR VIDEO, EJCC! You are so freaking awesome!!!!!!! We have a lot of similarities, I noticed, including:

a. Getting miffed at people who screw up my plan
b. Disliking compulsive liars and slackers
c. Liking honest people, even blunt ones
d. Loving family and friends above everything else (if they deserve my respect)
e. Your love of handcrafts (I used to embroider when I was a kid and do crocheting; I do a bit of knitting as well).
f. Wanting to stand out just enough to get approval, but not enough where people are like, "Holy shit, what a weirdo."
g. Doing anything for 'your people.' Though I don't have as many.
h. I don't take risks unless I'm sure it will bring me a benefit and be a win-win scenario for me and the people around me. This used to be worse as a kid (e.g. I did not apply to any universities where I was not 100% sure I'd get in and get a good scholarship).

Little things I couldn't relate to:

a. Being down-to-earth and giving good advice. I suck at that.
b. Not swearing. I swear a lot. You said d-bag, meaning I take it you don't swear and stuff.
c. Going to clubs. I hate clubs. And I can't stand partying. I need to 'prepare myself for it,' like you said, and then only unwillingly.
d. I DO stuff spontaneously a bit more. But no weird, freaky sports like skydiving.

Our differences could be related to the fact that I'm older than you (I'm going to be turning 30 in two months' time). Or it could be due to a slight variation in personality. Not quite sure, actually.

(I'm going to post this in 1w2 as well and see what happens. But I wanted to make sure you saw it).

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NFJs are DIRECTING in their interaction style. "Directing over informing" is often conflated with T behavior on TypeC. I would think its far more likely that shes ENFJ. Considering that even 3w2 EXFJs can be overly helpful/martyr like, I would think that a 2 or w2 NTJ would just be a very very conflicted personality. If she appears to be functioning normally on the outside then I'd suspect that she doesnt have such a conflicting ennea/MBTI. Its however completely possible that if she self inventoried she could reveal that, indeed, she is that conflicted (2 or w2 NTJ).

It all comes down to:
1. Any pairing is possible in theory (MBTI/ennea)
2. The conflicted pairings are probably more rare than we think, and are probably only known to the user themselves (as they have figured out some sort of functioning facade of themselves).
3. Some pairs are probably more conflicting than others.

Whose more conflicted:
1w9 ENFJ or 1w2 ENTJ?

How functional can a 7w8 ISTJ be? How functional can a 4w5 ENTJ be? Up close to the theories and their definitions, you'll notice that there's nothing absolutely preventing an ISTJ from being a 7. However, if you really take a step back, detach and view the situation from "far away", its obvious that the ISTJ would look so different from the stereotypical ISTJ that its very unlikely you'd every accurately type him as ISTJ 7 (the natural balancing point for this "conflicted pair" might end up looking like an XXXX).

I think the more conflicted your MBTI/ennea, the harder it is to type yourself with MBTI, because you'll feel less differentiated (as I think jung would put it). You'll feel less compelled to act as you think. The ESTJ 4w5 would feel confused as to how they act or think. the 5w6 INTP is going to have a lot less doubts about his type, than the 9w1 INTP. There are shades of gray though. I think my 1w9 is slightly conflicted with ENFJ (enough that it makes me feel less differentiated cognitively), but its not so conflicted that it makes typing myself impossible.

So LL
1. you probably have a slightly conflicted MBTI/Ennea pair
2. you're 1w2 normally matches up XSXJ and ENFJ
3. if you were figure out your socionics type (like ennea, i think its an easier system to type conflicted people), then we could maybe cross reference your ennea and socionics type.

For example, based on some stats greed gave me, the EIE (ENFj) is about 1:1:1 of being ENFP:ENFJ:ESFP. If we cross referenced this with your ennea, we could eliminate the less conlicted pairs (say ENFJ 1w2) and we'd be left with ENFP and ESFP. This is just an example though, you could be a socionics ENFp ESFj ESFp etc etc etc....

Thank you for this analysis. Do you have a link to a good Socionics test?

S

Sniffles

Do you mean, what's it like to be that type?

By "it disappeared", I mean that Geocities doesn't recognize that it exists anymore. Here's the link.

Ok I found it:
Descriptions of the Enneagram Wings

Here's 1w2:
One With a 2 Wing

This wing generally brings more interpersonal warmth. High standards are tempered by humanism. May understand and partly forgive humanity for not doing its best. Work hard to improve the conditions of others, sacrificing time and energy to do good works. When more entranced, can be volatile and self-righteous. Authoritarian inflation and moral vanity on the low side. Can give scolding lectures or display a kind of touchy emotionalism. "Do as I say, not as I do" attitudes possible. Hypocrisy likely because the person is so convinced they have moral good intentions. Overlook inconsistencies in their own behavior. Dependency in relationships. Far more likely to be a jealous intimate subtype than Ones with a 9 wing.

Real-Life Ones With a 2 Wing: Jane Alexander, William Bennett, John Bradshaw, Susan Brownmiller, Hillary Clinton, Barry Goldwater, Lillian Hellman, Glenda Jackson, Miss Manners, Gregory Peck, H. Ross Perot, Sidney Poitier, Marilyn Quayle, Meryl Streep, Joanne Woodward.

Movie Ones With a 2 Wing: Norma Aleandro, The Official Story; Glenn Close, The World According To Garp; Katharine Hepburn, Summertime; Glenda Jackson, House Calls; Gregory Peck, To Kill A Mockingbird; Joan Plowright, Enchanted April; Sam Waterston, The Killing Fields.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, that's a crappy explanation. The one I read was a lot more generous. :DI forget where I found it though.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a friend of mine is an entj 1w2. the huge 1w2 energy, followed by down periods. very friendly and sociable, but full of inner conflict. very principled person.

i'd compare him to jim carrey (who i also think is entj and possibly 1w2).