• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 1] 1w2

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
You know what, Protean??? Seriously. Read the whole thread. There are also other comments about 1w2 in general. And it's about traits of 1w2. And there are some posts about type, and how it can correspond with 1w2.

Why is it that you always have a bone to pick with me? I'm really getting sick of it, to be honest.

No this thread is about you figuring out your type with occasional commentary from other people.

Why don't you start a type blog where there is no illusion about it's true intent?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Protean, look I'm trying *really* hard to keep my cool. If you read the whole thread, we were talking about how ESTJs and other types can be changed with 1w2. Or how some types are more likely to be 1w2. Or how 1w2s behave and how that can conflict with certain types.

And if you, as a mod, do not like it (where it is), then you have the right to move it (or dump it in the graveyard).

So stop taking out your whatever....on me, especially in a thread that has nothing to do with type. If you have a problem with me, PM me, and don't screw up my thread. Thanks.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Protean, look I'm trying *really* hard to keep my cool. If you read the whole thread, we were talking about how ESTJs and other types can be changed with 1w2. Or how some types are more likely to be 1w2. Or how 1w2s behave and how that can conflict with certain types.

And if you, as a mod, do not like it (where it is), then you have the right to move it (or dump it in the graveyard).

So stop taking out your whatever....on me, especially in a thread that has nothing to do with type. If you have a problem with me, PM me, and don't screw up my thread. Thanks.

LOL, I like the way people are quick to throw me being a mod into it.

If you would like to have your type threads merged into one super type thread I am willing to do it. I don't move threads I "don't like" I move and merge threads that are redundant. You seem to be projecting your capricious disposition outwards.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/27121-s-now-die.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/27097-type-question.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...0-type-me-kid-hopefully-sheds-some-light.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/25554-little-linguist-s-type-rant.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/27034-function-does-behavior-represent.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/23875-stereo-type.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/18737-isfj-esfj.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/17523-enfp.html

All of these were started on the "What's my Type?" forum which I'm going to assume since you started them there you were trying to get people to help you figure out your type. I excluded your first two "What's my Type?" threads since you were new. This thread is not included, you tried to get that Baffled by Fi going about YOU but it didn't materialize, and I'm just going to ignore that poem about YOU and the trials and tribulations of figuring out your enigmatic being in the MBTI Poem thread.

You've gone back and edited the OPs of a couple of these threads because people were catching on to your incessant need for attention, affirmation, and approval from others and you probably felt pressure to tone it down some. If this is any help, I would say that may be an indicator of Fe and more likely 2w1 than 1w2.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, then why don't you do yourself a favor, and bring all the threads together, if you have issues with so many threads like that. Then, you can dump this in the graveyard, and I won't make another one of these threads, how about that? And while we're at it, if I'm so freaking annoying, you can just ban me, and then you will definitely NEVER have to read another such thread from me ever again?

How about that?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Well, then why don't you do yourself a favor, and bring all the threads together, if you have issues with so many threads like that. Then, you can dump this in the graveyard, and I won't make another one of these threads, how about that? And while we're at it, if I'm so freaking annoying, you can just ban me, and then you will definitely NEVER have to read another such thread from me ever again?

How about that?

You promise?! :holy:

And settle down, you're in no danger of being banned.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I promise. I honestly don't give a rat's ass anymore about my type.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Alright, I'm only reading this thread because I thought it would be about the 1w2 type (my type), but since it's more about LL figuring out her type than the 1w2 type itself, I've lost interest.

Point being: It's a What's My Type thread, not an Enneagram thread.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To be fair, it wasn't LL's fault that it turned into a "What's My Type" thread. LL and Space Oddity and I were just chatting about 1w2, and then other people came in and incorrectly interpreted what this thread was about.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
there are many egos in this message board. if you don't want to give anything as soon as you notice that there is an ego who really wants to suck on it and just swallow it and keep it, then you have an awesome excuse to be greedy all the time. that is, if you honestly think that is an excuse. it's more fun not to care and to contribute whatever you have on your mind. but then it's no fun to be attacked and to be caused to feel like you had to justify your contribution, because someone thinks its not good enough or that there is not enough in it. once you become aware of synchronicities, you will become aware of contributions everywhere, often even in requests. a contribution is not defined by having a purpose for everyone who comes along. if someone's request is as much as an opportunity to share what you have been brooding on, then the request is a gift to you and maybe others. if you are not brooding on anything, don't take the request personal. its not your job to give birth, if you have nothing in your womb. don't feel guilty. don't hate the request for making you feel empty and guilty.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

nanook

a scream in a vortex
in case you are confused about what i am trying to say about this thread: nothing! i could post this paragraph in every other thread. thats not to say its not relevant to all or some who read it here.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you would like to have your type threads merged into one super type thread I am willing to do it.
From a purely organizational perspective, I agree that merging all the threads is a good idea. (Plus, it would be the most epic "What's My Type" thread EVAR. But I digress.)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fine, do it.

Anyway, I started another thread where you guys can talk about 1w2 Type in peace. Okay? And you can merge this thread along with the What's my type thingy so that no one gets confused and stuff, and then I hope it is FINE and FINISHED, and everyone is HAPPY. :doh:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you would like to have your type threads merged into one super type thread I am willing to do it. I don't move threads I "don't like" I move and merge threads that are redundant.

Very arbitrarily. I could make a case for the entire forum to be condensed into like 4 threads total. That would be like your wet dream, right? ;)

Is it really that bad for threads to just take their natural course and not be messed with?

Here, I'll answer my own question: No. It's not.

You've gone back and edited the OPs of a couple of these threads because people were catching on to your incessant need for attention, affirmation, and approval from others and you probably felt pressure to tone it down some. If this is any help, I would say that may be an indicator of Fe and more likely 2w1 than 1w2.

You say "incessant need for attention" like it's a bad thing.

No one who posts here doesn't have a need for attention. Including you. If we didn't, we'd all be off doing other things instead of posting on a forum.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very arbitrarily. I could make a case for the entire forum to be condensed into like 4 threads total. That would be like your wet dream, right? ;)

Is it really that bad for threads to just take their natural course and not be messed with?

Here, I'll answer my own question: No. It's not.

You say "incessant need for attention" like it's a bad thing.

No one who posts here doesn't have a need for attention. Including you. If we didn't, we'd all be off doing other things instead of posting on a forum.

Hi. My name is Carolyn. And I have an obsessive need for attention.

Hi, Carolyn.

:D We should call this the "Attention Central" forum. It'd get more call, I think! :D

HA! Jeffy, you are a bad boy, and indeed quite awesome. :hug:

And I'll give you all the attention you want in your type thread. :D And in anyone else's for that matter.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
:D We should call this the "Attention Central" forum. It'd get more call, I think! :D

Personally, I think the entire forum should be merged into one topic called "Talk about how awesome Jeffster is." Anyone who made a post not about that would be instantly banned. That way we can keep the people around who are solid contributors to the forum and its true purpose.

But in the meantime, back on topic-

1w2s are AAWSOME!! Whatever they are. :jew:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really get Babylon Candle's reasoning. 1w2 ENFJ makes too much sense, so LL can't be one?:huh: I don't really get the logic.

Exactly 1w2 ENFJ makes too much sense for LL. LL severely lacks internal judgment and internal perception. She has no idea who she is. She is a conflicted type/ennea pair. IF she WASNT a conflicted type, then she probably wouldnt have so many issues with all of this!

example: if you are type 8 ENTJ...its MORE OBVIOUS than if you're a type 4 ENTJ. So if you constanlty are unsure about your type, its likely that you have a conflicted ennea/type pair and are NOT one of the more classic pairings like an 8 ENTJ.

what if your perfectionism isn't the intrinsic desire to be an example of purity, but only a tool that is important to you because of ambition. i often view the entj as three. and only the three could explain, why some entj are ambitious while giving nothing about conventions while other entj are ambitious by being exceptionally conventional. the whole conventional thing is a worldspace or a stage of developement that has nothing to do with type. if you are ambiotious inside of this worldspace, you may look somewhat like a enneagram one, if you are ambitious outside of it, you may look like a seven. but the ambition always comes with the confident assumption that you will eventually be accepted, either for being a cool easygoing champion outside of typical obviously recognized conventions (you can still excel in the convention of making a proper grill fire at a your party and being a super host), or for being a champion of a specific obvious convention like the conventions at a university or those of government - and this seems three-ish.

in my current understanding of the theory, the enneagram one is based on introverted thinking. if the one is operating in conformistic worldspace, then he designs his own conventions (like the convention that correct parking is the most important thing in live) and can have a lot of enemies because of this, since he 'outlaws' them, and they don't like it. the three uses given conventions, to be popular or powerfull sometimes in a pandit way.

btw: i have not even read this thread. this is again just about my interpretation of theory, not about you

My understanding about type 1 vs other types:

1 vs 2: Ones are much harder on themselves than twos. Twos can think highly of themselves merely by seeing themselves as considerate of others. Even when twos are self-critical, they have more of a pride in being self-critical. Twos being image-center first won't hesitate to have outbursts of emotion, which seems like a lack of self-control to the one.

1 vs 3: Ones couldn't promote themselves to save their lives while that's the three's gift should they choose to use it. Threes also have much stronger egos and are sometimes willing to cut corners. In the off-chance ones do self-promote it's for the greater good than personal benefit.

1 vs 4: A one's strict superego precludes them from emotional displays and indulging like a four. Ones unlike fours aren't reactive, they have to look before they leap before reacting emotionally. A four sees being emotional as authentic while a one sees that as a lack of self-control.

1 vs 5: Fives unlike ones don't need to adhere to standards that apply to everyone to think they are good enough. Unlike fives the way ones are rational is tied to self-control. Ones find it easy to engage the world while fives find it draining. Fives don't need to obey the rules while ones are complient to the rules.

1 vs 6: Ones unlike sixes do not worry and are very sure of themselves. They know what their purpose is in the world. They "just know" way things should be and they pride themselves in not wavering in their convictions. Ones have a drive for self-improvement that sixes don't have.

1 vs 7: Ones are inhibited. Sevens are anything but. Sevens do not believe in restricting themselves.

1 vs 8: Ones are contractive while eights are expansive. Eights are very comfortable making exceptions to the rules when judging people. Eights also find it easy to exempt themselves from following any rules. Unlike eights, ones need to follow their rules to consider themselves moral people.

1 vs 9: Ones are tight while nines are easygoing. If the one's dedication to their cause is strong enough they will view losing connection with people outside their family as necessary sacrifices for the greater good while for a nine there is nothing worse than estrangement.

Type 1 biggest fear is that of being "evil or defective".

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I read the description of 1w2, it fit me to a T. I'm curious if anyone else has had the same experience, and what is it like for you?

Very, very accurate, I feel!