User Tag List

First 456

Thread: 1w2

in case you are confused about what i am trying to say about this thread: nothing! i could post this paragraph in every other thread. thats not to say its not relevant to all or some who read it here.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    If you would like to have your type threads merged into one super type thread I am willing to do it.
    From a purely organizational perspective, I agree that merging all the threads is a good idea. (Plus, it would be the most epic "What's My Type" thread EVAR. But I digress.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Fine, do it.

Anyway, I started another thread where you guys can talk about 1w2 Type in peace. Okay? And you can merge this thread along with the What's my type thingy so that no one gets confused and stuff, and then I hope it is FINE and FINISHED, and everyone is HAPPY.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    If you would like to have your type threads merged into one super type thread I am willing to do it. I don't move threads I "don't like" I move and merge threads that are redundant.
    Very arbitrarily. I could make a case for the entire forum to be condensed into like 4 threads total. That would be like your wet dream, right?

Is it really that bad for threads to just take their natural course and not be messed with?

Here, I'll answer my own question: No. It's not.

You've gone back and edited the OPs of a couple of these threads because people were catching on to your incessant need for attention, affirmation, and approval from others and you probably felt pressure to tone it down some. If this is any help, I would say that may be an indicator of Fe and more likely 2w1 than 1w2.
    You say "incessant need for attention" like it's a bad thing.

No one who posts here doesn't have a need for attention. Including you. If we didn't, we'd all be off doing other things instead of posting on a forum.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Very arbitrarily. I could make a case for the entire forum to be condensed into like 4 threads total. That would be like your wet dream, right?

Is it really that bad for threads to just take their natural course and not be messed with?

Here, I'll answer my own question: No. It's not.

You say "incessant need for attention" like it's a bad thing.

No one who posts here doesn't have a need for attention. Including you. If we didn't, we'd all be off doing other things instead of posting on a forum.
    Hi. My name is Carolyn. And I have an obsessive need for attention.

Hi, Carolyn.

We should call this the "Attention Central" forum. It'd get more call, I think!

HA! Jeffy, you are a bad boy, and indeed quite awesome.

And I'll give you all the attention you want in your type thread. And in anyone else's for that matter.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    We should call this the "Attention Central" forum. It'd get more call, I think!
    Personally, I think the entire forum should be merged into one topic called "Talk about how awesome Jeffster is." Anyone who made a post not about that would be instantly banned. That way we can keep the people around who are solid contributors to the forum and its true purpose.

But in the meantime, back on topic-

1w2s are AAWSOME!! Whatever they are.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I don't really get Babylon Candle's reasoning. 1w2 ENFJ makes too much sense, so LL can't be one? I don't really get the logic.
    Exactly 1w2 ENFJ makes too much sense for LL. LL severely lacks internal judgment and internal perception. She has no idea who she is. She is a conflicted type/ennea pair. IF she WASNT a conflicted type, then she probably wouldnt have so many issues with all of this!

example: if you are type 8 ENTJ...its MORE OBVIOUS than if you're a type 4 ENTJ. So if you constanlty are unsure about your type, its likely that you have a conflicted ennea/type pair and are NOT one of the more classic pairings like an 8 ENTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    what if your perfectionism isn't the intrinsic desire to be an example of purity, but only a tool that is important to you because of ambition. i often view the entj as three. and only the three could explain, why some entj are ambitious while giving nothing about conventions while other entj are ambitious by being exceptionally conventional. the whole conventional thing is a worldspace or a stage of developement that has nothing to do with type. if you are ambiotious inside of this worldspace, you may look somewhat like a enneagram one, if you are ambitious outside of it, you may look like a seven. but the ambition always comes with the confident assumption that you will eventually be accepted, either for being a cool easygoing champion outside of typical obviously recognized conventions (you can still excel in the convention of making a proper grill fire at a your party and being a super host), or for being a champion of a specific obvious convention like the conventions at a university or those of government - and this seems three-ish.

in my current understanding of the theory, the enneagram one is based on introverted thinking. if the one is operating in conformistic worldspace, then he designs his own conventions (like the convention that correct parking is the most important thing in live) and can have a lot of enemies because of this, since he 'outlaws' them, and they don't like it. the three uses given conventions, to be popular or powerfull sometimes in a pandit way.

btw: i have not even read this thread. this is again just about my interpretation of theory, not about you
    My understanding about type 1 vs other types:

1 vs 2: Ones are much harder on themselves than twos. Twos can think highly of themselves merely by seeing themselves as considerate of others. Even when twos are self-critical, they have more of a pride in being self-critical. Twos being image-center first won't hesitate to have outbursts of emotion, which seems like a lack of self-control to the one.

1 vs 3: Ones couldn't promote themselves to save their lives while that's the three's gift should they choose to use it. Threes also have much stronger egos and are sometimes willing to cut corners. In the off-chance ones do self-promote it's for the greater good than personal benefit.

1 vs 4: A one's strict superego precludes them from emotional displays and indulging like a four. Ones unlike fours aren't reactive, they have to look before they leap before reacting emotionally. A four sees being emotional as authentic while a one sees that as a lack of self-control.

1 vs 5: Fives unlike ones don't need to adhere to standards that apply to everyone to think they are good enough. Unlike fives the way ones are rational is tied to self-control. Ones find it easy to engage the world while fives find it draining. Fives don't need to obey the rules while ones are complient to the rules.

1 vs 6: Ones unlike sixes do not worry and are very sure of themselves. They know what their purpose is in the world. They "just know" way things should be and they pride themselves in not wavering in their convictions. Ones have a drive for self-improvement that sixes don't have.

1 vs 7: Ones are inhibited. Sevens are anything but. Sevens do not believe in restricting themselves.

1 vs 8: Ones are contractive while eights are expansive. Eights are very comfortable making exceptions to the rules when judging people. Eights also find it easy to exempt themselves from following any rules. Unlike eights, ones need to follow their rules to consider themselves moral people.

1 vs 9: Ones are tight while nines are easygoing. If the one's dedication to their cause is strong enough they will view losing connection with people outside their family as necessary sacrifices for the greater good while for a nine there is nothing worse than estrangement.
    Type 1 biggest fear is that of being "evil or defective".