User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: 1w2

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Well, I think you're an ENFx with ESTJ tendencies that come from being a 1.

But that's just me, and I have nothing scientific to back it up.
    I have the same opinion. LL, based on your video I'd really say you're an ENFJ. I don't mean it in a negative way at all, but something in you feels to me kind of more aggressive than the usual ENFP aura (and I know an ENFP who is VERY dominant), and it seems to me you use WAY more Fe than Fi. The 1 could very well be behind the ESTJ-ish vibe.

I don't have anything scientific to back it up either, but given the nature of MBTI I really don't think it matters
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I have the same opinion. LL, based on your video I'd really say you're an ENFJ. I don't mean it in a negative way at all, but something in you feels to me kind of more aggressive than the usual ENFP aura (and I know an ENFP who is VERY dominant), and it seems to me you use WAY more Fe than Fi. The 1 could very well be behind the ESTJ-ish vibe.

I don't have anything scientific to back it up either, but given the nature of MBTI I really don't think it matters
    That could very well be. Sounds accurate. I wonder if others also agree?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I'm an ESTJ and I don't have to be in charge. That logic is faulty.

If you think you need to be in charge and/or be bossy, that's a 1 trait, and you don't need to associate that with MBTI at all.
    god dammit! theres a difference between having the IN CHARGE interaction style and always being/wanting to be in charge! (its just the name of an interaction style!!!)

ESTJs are directing and initiating, they are the IN CHARGE style! Deal with it

LL is a 1w2 ESXJ. The fact that she is a 1 gives her some of the TJ tendencies. The fact that shes not a 2w3 or 3w2 makes her appear "deeper" than the average ESXJ. She is more informing over directing (even if she thinks she does both), which lines up with SFJ Fe rather than NFJ Fe.

(my hunch is that you are ESFJ > ESTJ...but who knows)
    Argue as you like, but thats my final analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Well, what is your hunch? Speak, man, or forever hold your cat litter!

Still, I don't quite follow your logic about how ENFJ 1w2 would not be as conflicted as I am or an ENFP 1w2 would be more conflicted than I am.

Well, I've never quite related to the SP mentality (don't get me wrong - they are lovely people, but....no....) but that would mean according to that logic, I'm NT. I could relate to that A LOT as a kid, but not really anymore. But you ruled out NF, so that means I'd HAVE to be an Se-dominant.

And, well, I really, really, really don't think I'm Se-dom, do you? I mean, been there, freaking done that, and that fits like a fish on a treadmill. Besides, if we are going by Socionics, ESFP fits me only 58%. Nah.

ENFJ 1w2 makes too much sense for you. Its not nearly conflicting enough of an MBTI/ennea pair for you!

Secondly, socionics and MBTI DO NOT MATCH UP PERFECTLY! So your comment about ESFp makes me ENTj and ENFj may in fact line up with an MBTI ESFP. But anyways, i agree that that method puttered out. It was built on some shaky assumptions.

what if your perfectionism isn't the intrinsic desire to be an example of purity, but only a tool that is important to you because of ambition. i often view the entj as three. and only the three could explain, why some entj are ambitious while giving nothing about conventions while other entj are ambitious by being exceptionally conventional. the whole conventional thing is a worldspace or a stage of developement that has nothing to do with type. if you are ambiotious inside of this worldspace, you may look somewhat like a enneagram one, if you are ambitious outside of it, you may look like a seven. but the ambition always comes with the confident assumption that you will eventually be accepted, either for being a cool easygoing champion outside of typical obviously recognized conventions (you can still excel in the convention of making a proper grill fire at a your party and being a super host), or for being a champion of a specific obvious convention like the conventions at a university or those of government - and this seems three-ish.

in my current understanding of the theory, the enneagram one is based on introverted thinking. if the one is operating in conformistic worldspace, then he designs his own conventions (like the convention that correct parking is the most important thing in live) and can have a lot of enemies because of this, since he 'outlaws' them, and they don't like it. the three uses given conventions, to be popular or powerfull sometimes in a pandit way.

btw: i have not even read this thread. this is again just about my interpretation of theory, not about you

MBTI
    CAT

I'm sorry, but it seems to me like you agreed with all the points that ESFJs and ENFJs have in common, but disagreed with all the "S" points of ESFJ. That, overall, doesn't point to an ESFJ, imo.

In your video your "vibe" reminded me of an ENFJ colleague/friend I worked with two last summers, and when I still didn't know much about MBTI I thought ESFJ was a good fit for that person. But after further analysis, the friend is DEFINITELY more abstract than concrete => ENFJ. Personally, the ESFJ "manipulation" doesn't work with me, because it's just too obvious. They explicitely show people what they think they should do, whereas ENFJs cunningly get people where they wanted to have them by encouraging them and making them think it is 1) their own choice, 2) the best choice ever. Which is exactly what the colleague does

I don't really get Babylon Candle's reasoning. 1w2 ENFJ makes too much sense, so LL can't be one? I don't really get the logic. Personally, the ENFJs I've met were either 2s or 4s, and I think 2 makes way more sense for an ENFJ than 1. 1 makes the most sense for STJs, imo. ENFJ + 1 = ESTJ-ish ENFJ. Which is exactly what LL is, isn't she?
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    xNFP

Yeah, I would say my perfectionism is more in pursuit of a goal than because of purity. Gotta admit.

For example, when people asked me to give them private lessons when I was teaching at a language school where I lived, I said no. I would be stealing my company's clients.

Now most people would say, "Wow, how noble." But if I'm truly honest my thought process was more:

1. If I do that, I can get caught.
    2. If I get caught, I will be fired.
    3. If I get fired, I will get a lousy recommendation, and I've been working here for three years.
    4. When I apply for another job, my boss will ask for a recommendation, and I will have none to give because I got fired for stealing clients.
    5. Because I cannot say I got fired for stealing clients and I don't want to lie (because my prospective boss could find that out easily enough), I'd have to be quiet, which is nearly just as incriminating.
    6. That means I wouldn't be able to find a job.
    7. That would cause stress in my relationship.
    8. If I could not find a job, my loss of capital would be much greater than the gain if I went and stole the clients.
    9. Therefore, cost/benefit analysis speaks against.
    10. Therefore, do not steal the company's clients.

Awful, isn't it?

Perfectionism in a positive light:

1. If I work my ass off, I'll get a good recommendation.
    2. If I do a good job, they will have no good reason to fire me, even if they don't like me.
    3. If I always prove how valuable I am, they need me, and I'll have good bargaining status.
    4. If I do well at a job at this level, I can apply for higher-level jobs due to experience.
    5. If I work hard in school, I will be able to prove that I'm capable of sifting through large amounts of information effectively and give people what they expect. (Please note, I did not necessarily say learn a lot of shit. That I do mostly on my own).

etc. etc.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I'm sorry, but it seems to me like you agreed with all the points that ESFJs and ENFJs have in common, but disagreed with all the "S" points of ESFJ. That, overall, doesn't point to an ESFJ, imo.

In your video your "vibe" reminded me of an ENFJ colleague/friend I worked with two last summers, and when I still didn't know much about MBTI I thought ESFJ was a good fit for that person. But after further analysis, the friend is DEFINITELY more abstract than concrete => ENFJ. Personally, the ESFJ "manipulation" doesn't work with me, because it's just too obvious. They explicitely show people what they think they should do, whereas ENFJs cunningly get people where they wanted to have them by encouraging them and making them think it is 1) their own choice, 2) the best choice ever. Which is exactly what the colleague does

I don't really get Babylon Candle's reasoning. 1w2 ENFJ makes too much sense, so LL can't be one? I don't really get the logic. Personally, the ENFJs I've met were either 2s or 4s, and I think 2 makes way more sense for an ENFJ than 1. 1 makes the most sense for STJs, imo. ENFJ + 1 = ESTJ-ish ENFJ. Which is exactly what LL is, isn't she?
    Quite frankly, I didn't quite understand his logic, either. I mean, I appreciate his point of view, but I just don't understand it.

MBTI
    xNFP

Now, when I say that I always have a goal, does that mean I would even act like a dick if it furthered my goal? No. Because I have a moral center, there are certain things I just do not do.

My motto is as follows:

If it does not hurt me or anyone else, and it furthers my goal, DO it, even if the short-term effects are negative, as long as the long-term benefit is apparent.

Enneagram
    1w2

So this thread really isn't about 1w2s it's YET ANOTHER thread about figuring out YOUR type.

I just wanted to make sure I understood.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    xNFP

You know what, Protean??? Seriously. Read the whole thread. There are also other comments about 1w2 in general. And it's about traits of 1w2. And there are some posts about type, and how it can correspond with 1w2.

Why is it that you always have a bone to pick with me? I'm really getting sick of it, to be honest.