User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: 1w2

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    a friend of mine is an entj 1w2. the huge 1w2 energy, followed by down periods. very friendly and sociable, but full of inner conflict. very principled person.

i'd compare him to jim carrey (who i also think is entj and possibly 1w2).
    I can relate to that. A lot.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    NFJs are DIRECTING in their interaction style. "Directing over informing" is often conflated with T behavior on TypeC. I would think its far more likely that shes ENFJ. Considering that even 3w2 EXFJs can be overly helpful/martyr like, I would think that a 2 or w2 NTJ would just be a very very conflicted personality. If she appears to be functioning normally on the outside then I'd suspect that she doesnt have such a conflicting ennea/MBTI. Its however completely possible that if she self inventoried she could reveal that, indeed, she is that conflicted (2 or w2 NTJ).
    Thank you for the analysis!

Well, it's logical that certain Enneagrams are more "naturally" associated with certain types - ISTJ 6w7 will be much more common than ISTJ 7w8, that's for sure. But as you said, sometimes people really are conflicted and complicated, and then they'll be hard to type. For example, my boyfriend is an ESTJ 1w9 - it's not like this combination is impossible, but it's unusual and it makes him have a lot of NT traits. (I slightly disagree with INTP 9w1 being uncommon - my old best friend was one, and she was pretty easy to type; there's nothing in Ti+Ne that would necessarily conflict with most traits of 9w1, imo.) There's also this friend of mine who is surely an STJ (I'm thinking ISTJ), but she's naturally so artistic, easy-going and fun-loving that she very likely has an unusual Enneagram too.

As for the friend I was talking about before, that's the problem - I do perceive her as slightly conflicted. I've known her since kindergarten and if I should assess her character, I really think that Te is her dominant function, but then, she has extremely Fe goals. It's as if she was inwardly an ENTJ, but decided to use her great efficiency to help people and make the world a better place. I'd say it's possible she's 1w2 or 3w2 and it makes her personality kind of ambiguous.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Thank you for this analysis. Do you have a link to a good Socionics test?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...nics-test.html

our own typeC "lemons" made this version... (he has a dif name now)

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    a friend of mine is an entj 1w2. the huge 1w2 energy, followed by down periods. very friendly and sociable, but full of inner conflict. very principled person.

i'd compare him to jim carrey (who i also think is entj and possibly 1w2).
    see! probably didnt even read my post, and she used the same verbiage: "conflicted"

PS: agreed on the jim carrey type.

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Thank you for the analysis!
    But as you said, sometimes people really are conflicted and complicated, and then they'll be hard to type.

As for the friend I was talking about before, that's the problem - I do perceive her as slightly conflicted. I've known her since kindergarten and if I should assess her character, I really think that Te is her dominant function, but then, she has extremely Fe goals. It's as if she was inwardly an ENTJ, but decided to use her great efficiency to help people and make the world a better place. I'd say it's possible she's 1w2 or 3w2 and it makes her personality kind of ambiguous.
    how would you describe "Fe goals"? Perhaps your understanding of Fe is whats holding back the typing? (try to give me your description of Fe)

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I can relate to that. A lot.
    proteanmix is a 1w2 enfj. she is very similarly big presence all over the place.

i know my friend is an entj bc immediately i see the Te and inferior Fi. and the Ni crazy person living inside of him, and the tertiary Se that has this gumbo-legs performing-funny quality to it.

babylon, i think the conflict may be the 1w2 energy and the inability to find a suitable avenue to adequately dissipate it, use it up, etc. along with the difficulty making personal decisions and finding personal motivation on your own when Fi is your inferior and you don't know what to choose and you haven't been able to set solid/stable goals to commit to completely. efjs have something similar but it's the inferior Ti.

either way, ej can be difficult when it has to make personal decisions/life course decisions bc it is out-of-touch with Ji. as a tertiary Ji user i feel this tension/frustration too, and tho i want closure so that i know what i'm dealing with, it forces me to continually stay open bc i cannot solidify what i know to be true (about the world, for myself, etc).

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It's weird - you seem like a perfect mix of ESTJ and ENFx. I don't see SFJ, NT or SP even remotely, and certainly not I.

Maybe you're an NF, but being a 1w2 gives you ESTJ-ish qualities?

Hmmm... *ponders and strokes imaginary beard*
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Your result for Socionics Test ...
    EIE - ENFj
    Ethical-intuitive-extrovert

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 92% on EIE, higher than 99% of your peers. (ENFJ)

You scored 76% on LIE, higher than 97% of your peers. (ENTJ)

You scored 75% on EII, higher than 91% of your peers. (INFJ)

You scored 74% on ESE, higher than 90% of your peers. (ESFJ)

You scored 68% on LSE, higher than 83% of your peers. (ESTJ)

You scored 68% on IEE, higher than 76% of your peers. (ENFP)

You scored 68% on IEI, higher than 71% of your peers. (INFP)

You scored 67% on ILE, higher than 75% of your peers. (ENTP)

You scored 66% on ILI, higher than 66% of your peers. (INTP)

You scored 64% on LII, higher than 52% of your peers. (INTJ)

You scored 61% on SEI, higher than 59% of your peers. (ISFP)

You scored 57% on ESI, higher than 56% of your peers. (ISFJ)

You scored 54% on LSI, higher than 43% of your peers. (ISTJ)

You scored 58% on SEE, higher than 66% of your peers. (ESFP)

You scored 49% on SLI, higher than 21% of your peers. (ISTP)

You scored 45% on SLE, higher than 23% of your peers. (ESTP)

Ahhh....much better.
    well then... your socionics type would be ENFj or ENTj. For reference, most of the TypeC ENFPs scored ENFp on that test. As a socionics ENFj you have odds of: 1:1:1:0.3 for being ENFJ:ESFP:ENFP:OtherTypes.

So we can narrow it down to:
    ENFJ, ESFP, ENFP

ENTj puts you at odds of 1:1:1:1 for being ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ, INTP.
    So we can narrow these down to: ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ

So in total we have: ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ, ESFP and ENFP with a 1w2 enneagram.
    We know that you will have a conflicted mbti/ennea type. Lets look at these:

Most to least conflicted:
    ENFP 1w2
    ESFP 1w2
    INTJ 1w2
    ENTJ 1w2
    ENFJ 1w2

I think that if you were ENFJ 1w2, you wouldnt feel nearly as conflicted. So I think we can remove that from the running. I also dont think you are quite as conflicted as a ENFP 1w2 would be. So that leaves:

ESFP 1w2, INTJ 1w2 and ENTJ 1w2. Now theres a simply question to finish this: Are you GET THINGS GOING? CHART THE COURSE? INCHARGE? Then we'll have your answer (just because you're in charge of a class room doesnt necissarily mean you are the IN CHARGE style either ) Understanding Berens' Interaction Styles

I have my own hunch

MBTI
    xNFP

Well, what is your hunch? Speak, man, or forever hold your cat litter!

Still, I don't quite follow your logic about how ENFJ 1w2 would not be as conflicted as I am or an ENFP 1w2 would be more conflicted than I am.

Well, I've never quite related to the SP mentality (don't get me wrong - they are lovely people, but....no....) but that would mean according to that logic, I'm NT. I could relate to that A LOT as a kid, but not really anymore. But you ruled out NF, so that means I'd HAVE to be an Se-dominant.

And, well, I really, really, really don't think I'm Se-dom, do you? I mean, been there, freaking done that, and that fits like a fish on a treadmill. Besides, if we are going by Socionics, ESFP fits me only 58%. Nah.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Well, I think you're an ENFx with ESTJ tendencies that come from being a 1.

But that's just me, and I have nothing scientific to back it up.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm an ESTJ and I don't have to be in charge. That logic is faulty.

If you think you need to be in charge and/or be bossy, that's a 1 trait, and you don't need to associate that with MBTI at all.

MBTI
    xNFP

Let me clarify: I do not need to be a bossy bitch.

I need to feel I am in control in my life and I'm headed in the right direction, meaning my future is a place that is inviting and promising.

By the way - LOVE the new avatar. Really cool.