First 12345 Last

Thread: 7w8 vs 7w6?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

huh. this thread is making me reconsider.

my little brother (15 yo INTP) took an enneagram test at school, and when i picked him up from school, he informed me that i am definitely an 8. except then, he also tested as a 3, and he's totally a 5w4. (i later had him take an online test and he came out 5 and agreed).

i don't really think i'm a w8, but it's worth a little research. *runs off to explore 7w8*

--

edit - oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X
    i realized that i get all assertive and confrontational when protecting or standing up for someone or some idea...which seems to be a more loyalist motivation.
    me too. i Te bitchslap when i feel like someone/thing is getting unfairly attacked (including myself, lol). i relate to 6 insecurity, too. i dunno. i just don't feel as comfortable with 3w4ness as i do with ENFPness, and it makes me wonder. i feel like i have some kind of anti-4 gut reaction, but i'm definitely not a 3w2. supposedly you move into developing your wing later in life but i feel like i related to 4ness a lot more as a child, but don't really any longer. maybe the strength in relationships and emotional matters i feel is not really w4 or the stability of 3 but is really sx/so. argh. but then i am so image-conscious that it's hard to imagine not being a 3. the enneagram makes me want to hurt kittens. (ok not really. )

though - it's fascinating to me that my brother and i have both thought that we were 3s, also, regardless of whether i'm a 3 or not. from the outside i cannot see any 3 in him but maybe from the inside he feels that way. i suspect our upbringing and environment has something to do with this.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

If you're playful around others like a 7, but you do so for your own amusement, then you're probably a w8. (aggressive humour)
    If you're a playful person like a 7, but you do so to amuse others, then you're probably a w6. (friendly humour)

ENTPs are good examples of 7w8, ENFPs are good examples of 7w6.
    Founder and President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety
    Likes bundleofsunshine liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ

^I think it's not that clear cut.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I think that I am a 7w6, as opposed to a 7w8. Are there any other ways to tell the difference??
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm 7w8.

Enneagram

An eight-wing ratchets up the intensity and lust factor about 10 notches. It also makes your personality more expansive and commanding, less intellectual and more aggressive. 7w6's tend to be more committed and faithful, intellectual, and their charm is zany rather than larger-than-life.

7w6's are extremely light and witty. Between the 6w7's, make up the vast majority of comedians. There is a subtle undercurrent of panicky anxiety running through their banter. However, the six wing is very feisty, so don't assume that it makes you a pushover. The difference is that 6 is defensive and fear-based, 8 is offensive and anger-based.

7w6's are afraid to be alone and often have a softer, vulnerable side, like mischievous but kind-hearted children. They can be a bit neurotic with the six wing, ridden by guilt and negative projections, when unhealthy. 7w8's are much more independent, practical, aggressive and hard, though their upbeat 7 nature masks some of the 8 wing's storminess. The 7w6 finesses and tricks people/authority to get what they want, 7w8's are much more likely bull their way through and not care about hurting people's feelings, going against social norms. 7w8's are mentally stimulated by confrontations, 7w6's don't mind a good debate, but their six wings makes them more likely to want to just get along. They often avoid expressing anger. 7w8's are even more generous than 7w6's, although they are a bit more narcissistic and have a lower frustration tolerance.

7w6's like to think of themselves as having more substance than the typical, shallow 7 stereotype, who don't have a care in the world. Meanwhile, 7w8's embrace their image as the life of the party.

The biggest difference is that 7w8's are grounded in the gut center, so they aren't as prone to being avoidant and fear-driven.
    Likes bundleofsunshine liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

7w8 is basically most ENTPs and co.

As for 7w8 being any less intellectual than 7w6, I disagree. That just shows a misunderstanding of what intellect is. If you mean that 7w6 has more Openness than a 7w8, that might be the case but ONLY in the facet of Emotionality, 1 out of 6 different kinds of Openness.

I am gonna cry.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    I am gonna cry.
    MWAHAHAHA!!! My fault?

Quote Originally Posted by edchidna1000 View Post
    MWAHAHAHA!!! My fault?

Its only heaven's fault, dont worry my dear

-god made enneagram. people are spoling it. because he gave us free will. a free will to spoil enneagram-

jk.. i have a god-fix these days, disregard