User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm working on a method to get out of that cycle myself. It's still quite plastic so it's not something I can just explain in a few steps. Getting my energy back is the general goal right now and that's where I'm focusing my efforts, especially once the snow starts disappearing. One thing that I'm thinking may help is the fact that I don't have excess expectations on my time this year that require vacation time expenditures.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

I used to have trouble finishing things until I learned of a new way to approach them.
    Basically, now I have trouble perfecting things. But they get done, and pretty well. Just never perfect.
    My inspiration cycles are very off balanced, though. I'll write 150 songs in two and a half year, and then not touch my guitar for four.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    it's almost like anything I write or produce creates/reflects my identity. So, it's not just that it needs to get completed, but it needs to be as perfect as possible and it needs to reflect who I am as a person. Needless to say, this complicates matters. .
    YES!
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm either a 4w5 or a 5w4 (probably the 5w4 now), and if I have a deadline, I will get it done.

But if it's up to self-discipline, I have to really want it, otherwise I procrastinate. If I want it though, I am relentless in its pursuit.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

7's do this too.
    Maybe it's a human phenomenon?
    I'm sure the motivations for each ring are different, but the end result is the same each time, procrastination of some capacity.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

For me, the fun is in imagining the project from start to finish in great detail. Causing it to materialize is just drudgery. I will if I have to, but if I don't, I'd rather do another project in my head.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    For me, the fun is in imagining the project from start to finish in great detail. Causing it to materialize is just drudgery. I will if I have to, but if I don't, I'd rather do another project in my head.
    Oh yeah and this when doing something that is drudgery it gets tougher to accomplish.

A friend felt like he was actually getting dumber for participating in a class that was totally repetitive because he wasn't learning anything and the more he continued the more he couldn't get himself to complete the tests that were needed to get the assessment out of the way.

garbage

I have the normal P tendency to start things and not finish them, but I'll also reacquaint myself with old projects and work on them when I get interested in them again. Maybe I'll finish them, maybe I won't; I don't tend feel guilty about it.. anymore.

I dunno.. maybe you're just becoming more well-balanced and innately not depending on your drive so much. I had plenty of drive when I was trying to advance my career, but I've toned that down a bit now that I've worked myself into a pretty good position--I just don't need it anymore.

And when that started to happen, I figured that it was just time that I started pursuing other things and experiencing the broadness of life. I discovered that focusing on just a few areas wasn't everything, and I was missing out. At first, I did feel guilt and/or shame at not having the drive that I used to, but I somehow learned to let that go and started playing to my own natural rhythms.

I have and still sometimes do feel the pull to make my endeavors perfect, however, and others here have hit the source of that tendency spot-on: they're a reflection of me. It's a hard mentality to shake, but know that your identity isn't tied to what you do, but rather who you are.