User Tag List

12 Last

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Is enneagram 6 real?

How can one be afraid of everything? Isn't that like paranoia!?!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    How can one be afraid of everything? Isn't that like paranoia!?!
    Fear is the most useless emotion of all.
    It is actually just as useless as insecurity.
    Both sicken me.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Paranoia and self-doubt are different. There's a difference between having a healthy (interconnection) and unhealthy (disconnection) reliance on others. Having a disconnect with an inner guidance system is not to say that sixes are always fearful and insecure, but they are a bit of a content contradiction, with their externally placed safety nets of security. But what do I know, I'm a mere 8w9. lol.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well sixes aren't really afraid of everything, that's just a silly characterization. The type itself is as real as any of the other Enneagram types. How real that is, is up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Fear is the most useless emotion of all.
    It is actually just as useless as insecurity.
    Both sicken me.
    Fear is the first emotion, and the most useful!
    Go to sleep, iguana.

you know, there is also such a thing as unconscious fear.
    just saying.

those types are basically all about avoiding fear.
    like the myth of the eight: i have to fhuck it before it makes me feel fear ...
    or the myth of the two: i have to be of service, before i feel my fear of being needy and dependent.

all psychological issues are based in fear.

the fearfull neurotic is quite creative in avoiding fear by replacing it with worries. this gives mental control. even though inferiority or worrying or guilt are not pleasant, they are not the pure feeling that is avoided, and they are not as fucking bad.
    this is closely related to "hysteria" (which is an outdated term)

this type uses extroverted judging.

this is one mechanism, that works with almost all sorts of fears, so its not defined what exactly this type of neurotic is afraid of.
    it's more likely physical punishment than guilt/shame (which is emotional punishment), if any of the two.

the myth of six is usually based on this type, but often the descriptions mix other things into it, that are not perfectly compatible ... its like there are various types of sixes.... or some of them would be better described as ones. the ones who fear to be guilty of not living up to 'their' responsibilities and who avoid becoming conscious of this fear by being perfectly dutyfull at all times. this type uses introverted judging. its more concerned with the shame of guilt.

both lead to paranoia, altough again, two types of paranoia.

paranoia is a projection of anger.

the responsible type (introverted or dominant judging) projects the harshness of his judgments in order to automate them at all times. so they come back as projections. he feels that the world is only concerned with finding out, whether he is actually "made out" of his ideals of being morally correct and uncorruptable, or whether he just fakes it. of course he has just made up his perfection - this is what introverted judgement does. this is the insane paranoid guy, who sees the secret service behind every corner. he is just to upright to be accepted in this corrupt evil world. they want to get him, and intrigue against him to destroy his face.

the hysteric type (extroverted or secondary judging) projects his unconscious suppression of unwelcome traits (mostly the desire to dominate and lead), that he forces upon himself. he tries to feel safer by not admitting, that he even has such traits/desires. so he feels like he is being attacked by such negative traits in others. everyone is trying to suppress him, dominate and lead him, and he can't do anything about it. this is the "self fulfilling prophecy guy", and the "acting out" "paranoid cop killer".

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

On the same note, are ISTPs real, or just INTPs with ADD?

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    On the same note, are ISTPs real, or just INTPs with ADD?
    INTP's have ADD too! :steam:

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well sixes aren't really afraid of everything, that's just a silly characterization. The type itself is as real as any of the other Enneagram types. How real that is, is up for debate.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Fear is the first emotion, and the most useful!
    OK, I am getting
    The reason I detest fear as I do is that I have seen it accomplish nothing useful when expressed in an active state.

Sure, some will argue that fear of getting hit by a car makes one cross the street carefully, but others will say that is a matter of common sense, not fear.

Whenever I see people all anxious about the possibility of something bad happening, I just can't help myself in thinking "Well, how is worrying about it going to lessen the probability of the bad event occurring?"

It won't.

I guess my issue is with dysfunctional fear.

Some will say 7's embrace gluttony to forgo fear of boredom. It's just too easy of an analogy. Just because a person don't like something doesn't mean they are afraid of it.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro