User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: INFP Type 5?

Quote Originally Posted by auriel View Post
    Yeah, just because a 4 wing means "emotional" doesn't mean the 6 wing is "unemotional", it's just that their emotions don't define them. A 6 could feel just as deeply. But I'd honestly find the idea of an INFP 6 quite weird...I mean, the Loyalist? It just sounds so...Fe. But I'm sure it's possible.
    I know a few INFP 6s, this guy could be Six, imo.

An INFP 8 though? I don't know about that. It pretty much contradicts every aspect of our personality...

And why you think E-type cant contradict your MBTI personality? You never seen people with great inner conflict?

I heard of few INFP 8s, dont know them personally, but brother of someone who is in MBTI business for her job is INFP 8, I trust that information. ENFP and 3 isnt the best combo either, still I am one.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

An INFP 8 though? I don't know about that. It pretty much contradicts every aspect of our personality...
    Why would it? A detached, jaded and borderline-psychotic (it can happen) INFP could easily be an 8. 8 is a very emotional type. I think INFP 8 would look like your average INTJ 8 (think Palpatine), but sloppier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    I know a few INFP 6s, [URL="http://www.infjorinfp.com/docs/InterviewAboutFeeling.htm"]

And why you think E-type cant contradict your MBTI personality? You never seen people with great inner conflict?
    Well yeah, but don't we all have one personality? MBTI and the Enneagram measure different parts of it, but I'm pretty sure they must overlap. (I used to think I might be an INTP 4, but people made me see that if your mindset is dominated by Ti, you probably aren't going to seek out deep emotional experiences...it has no use for them in its decision making-process).

But maybe being an 8 doesn't contradict being an INFP, like Aleksei said. See, I really hate conflict, almost to an unhealthy degree, so I guess I was just assuming that other INFPs would be like me in that way. It almost always gets mentioned in INFP descriptions. But I suppose if 8-ness comes from the "fear of being controlled by others" (which pretty much everyone shares to some degree), it could make sense...

Well yeah, but don't we all have one personality? MBTI and the Enneagram measure different parts of it, but I'm pretty sure they must overlap. (I used to think I might be an INTP 4, but people made me see that if your mindset is dominated by Ti, you probably aren't going to seek out deep emotional experiences...it has no use for them in its decision making-process).
    Enneagram 4 isnt about seeking deep emotional experiences, it's about wanting to be special snowflake, why wouldnt NT want to be that?!

there is one member here on forum who is ENFP and 1, stringstheory, she's certain of her NFP preferences, becasue knows she's N,F,P etc., and by reading about E-1 she figured its her totally.
    Now, 1 resembles the most to STJs, so... how's that? she just feels both things in her personality, need for 1s perfection and need for ENFP freedom etc.
    those needs are very often different (1 is perfectionist, very J, ENFP is very spontanous) but she feels them both to a degree.

and INTP and 4 would still have some use of his E-4, 4s create emotions and drama as method of escaping real pain, so there's use to it, why not?!
    The internal war is bigger than in INFP 4, but people are different.here's case of INTJ 4 ...

anyway, i rest my case... i am tired of explaining this to people. i guess only ones who got it are who experienced it on their own skin.

Please don't feel like I'm trying to "deny" anyone's type here. I know how frustrating it can be trying to defend something you believe in over and over to people who "just don't get it", but remember we're just honestly questioning how some of the (to us) weirder combinations can exist when, ultimately, we all have one personality. I just feel that some type combinations are so, well...eclectic that I couldn't imagine them coming out of the same (balanced) person.

Thanks for the link, though. Believe it or not, I've entertaining the possibility that I might be an INFP 5. I sort of related to what the INTJ 4 said, except in reverse...for me, it's detachment that disturbs me, not emotions (mind you, I suffer from severe depression and often experience it as detachment and numbness as well as hollow, crushing despair and fits of crying...so to be honest I can't even say which defense is natural for me).

Please don't feel like I'm trying to "deny" anyone's type here. I know how frustrating it can be trying to defend something you believe in over and over to people who "just don't get it", but remember we're just honestly questioning how some of the (to us) weirder combinations can exist when, ultimately, we all have one personality. I just feel that some type combinations are so, well...eclectic that I couldn't imagine them coming out of the same (balanced) person.
    No problem, it's not personal, I just figure that some people dont dig this theory so I am frustrated when I put energy in it to explain.
    Anyway, yeah, person can be less balanced when has very weird combo, but thats life. You can look this thread for some of this, if you're interested.
    Thanks for the link, though. Believe it or not, I've entertaining the possibility that I might be an INFP 5. I sort of related to what the INTJ 4 said, except in reverse...for me, it's detachment that disturbs me, not emotions (mind you, I suffer from severe depression and often experience it as detachment and numbness as well as hollow, crushing despair and fits of crying...so to be honest I can't even say which defense is natural for me).

There is INFP 5 example on several places in this book.

you sound like 5, with this what you said. I doubt 4s have detachment problem haha
    and I am sorry for your depression, been dealing with it lately quite a lot, too

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Here's a good explenation.

Intellectual Fours tend to mistakenly type themselves as Fives, and a heavy wing can certainly exacerbate this tendency. Fours however, unlike Fives, tend to be self-revealing and comfortable with emotional expression.
    INFP's who score on the type 4 type 5 tree is most likely type 4. That includes you and me.. we just so happened to score type 5 because we have strong intellectual pursuits.
    Hmm...interesting....I am NOT comfortable with emotional expression....I wouldn't call myself "self-revealing" either, at least not compared to most people. I get accused of being guarded & withdrawn...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m
    INFP's who score on the type 4 type 5 tree is most likely type 4. That includes you and me.. we just so happened to score type 5 because we have strong intellectual pursuits.
    actually, it's opposite. INFPs who score high on 4 and 5 are usually 5s, because they score high on 4 because they are NFs.

:steam:

When you fight with 4 she/he will start to make drama and want your attention and start with "poor me", when you fight with 5 she/he will want you to GTFO and leave him alone for a while, while he figures wth happened and analyzes all that.
    I just wonder how 4w5 reacts to fights?! or 5w4??

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    When you fight with 4 she/he will start to make drama and want your attention and start with "poor me", when you fight with 5 she/he will want you to GTFO and leave him alone for a while, while he figures wth happened and analyzes all that.
    I just wonder how 4w5 reacts to fights?! or 5w4??
    Hmmm....I'm more like a 5 in that respect. However, when it comes to your integration point, moving towards a 1 makes more sense to me than an 8. That would make me a 4. I've heard your wing can be so strong it's nearly equal to your type and you can share traits of both, and that would make sense for me, if it is indeed in harmony with the theory.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'll either leave or tell you to leave. And I reveal what I feel. And I sometimes score as 5w6. This whole enneagram is bull anyway, it constantly changes for me. All about the mood.