User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which function is the most eight?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Se

4 22.22%
  • Te

13 72.22%
  • Ne

0 0%
  • Fe

1 5.56%
  • Fi

0 0%
  • Si

0 0%
  • Ni

0 0%
  • Ti

0 0%
First 234

Thread: Te and eight

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I am inclined to think no. However, I think if someone experiences something very psychologically intense, there are some rare individuals who will change. Considering there is theory that enneagram type is developed in part through childhood experiences, it makes sense it could be influenced later in life with enough pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I see it as pretty fluid, real life is real life. You can't explain lifes of billions of people with simple psychology theory in a way that everything works all the time. I had bad luck that my country got invaded in Nazi Germany style when I was 6 and I can tell you that in such moment you can throw fair amount of typology through the window. Since the theory doesn't predict such a large scale shock.

I started as 5 simply because my parents didn't socialize me at until I was 5 years old (and they gave me science books to study). After that I had a social phase that was 8ish or 7ish in nature. Alot of action, people and time spent togather .... however due to problem in all spheres, self-destructive society and the fact that most of my friends moved away one by one I ended up alone. Creating a 5 like personality that is dependant on gaming to spend his aggresive energy. Plus health problems covered up that tertiary Se (tertiary is what balances you) ... and now I am where I am. Unless there will be new shocks I presume that I will remain relatively similar to what I am now. I through entire life balance 8/5 and Te/Ni and that is probably not going to change, however the environment and cirrcumstances will decide which gives a better results under cirrcumstance.

I am 60% E and 40% I unless clearly unhealthy or in situations that are complete mess. (ambivert)
    I have always had a hard time believing that anything relating to a personality could be static... people do change and some change pretty dramatically over time and to think that one type would cover them before that change and after that change would be pretty silly in my book. Personal experience makes me question the idea that type wouldn't change though and that brings up some stuff that I really don't feel that comfortable discussing on the forum at large. I can see how a person could change from a 5 to an 8 depending on circumstances because that sort of thing makes sense to me... I tested as a 3 in my teens and very early 20s, a 7 in a good majority of my 20s and after everything I find 8 to be the best fit and it fits quite well. Previous traits can be completely beat out of a person due to circumstances or they can merely become less prominent with time while other traits step into the spotlight and that makes perfect sense to me.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Video liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have always had a hard time believing that anything relating to a personality could be static... people do change and some change pretty dramatically over time and to think that one type would cover them before that change and after that change would be pretty silly in my book. Personal experience makes me question the idea that type wouldn't change though and that brings up some stuff that I really don't feel that comfortable discussing on the forum at large. I can see how a person could change from a 5 to an 8 depending on circumstances because that sort of thing makes sense to me... I tested as a 3 in my teens and very early 20s, a 7 in a good majority of my 20s and after everything I find 8 to be the best fit and it fits quite well. Previous traits can be completely beat out of a person due to circumstances or they can merely become less prominent with time while other traits step into the spotlight and that makes perfect sense to me.
    It depends on environment, if environment is stable then the personality will probably be the same. However as environment becomes more and more unstable there will be a greater need for change. You can fight change but in some situations you just have to adapt ... or you will be vanquished.
    Likes miss fortune liked this post

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    What is the connection? I want to know.
    They mainly THINK they are right and THINK THEY CAN kick your ass at any cost.

Which is of course total bullshit as this is just a sadistic projection of their inner dictature world.

For the good ENTJ (if that exists) don't feel concerned about my own feeling. That's just a feeling, you know......
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

ENTj often gets associated with type 8, though many 8s are not ENTjs, and many ENTjs are not 8s.

Quote Originally Posted by RedAmazoneFriendZone View Post

For the good ENTJ (if that exists) don't feel concerned about my own feeling. That's just a feeling, you know......
    Well, personally, it bothers me when people rely on feeling to judge things that feelings are not supposed to judge. But I don't have a problem when people say "I feel that..." when it comes to relationships, or people, since I do that too and its better that way. It all depends of the context, but I notice FP types often try to use emotional manipulation to get out of situations which are not a question of how you feel, but they try to make it a question of "how you feel" because they are not confident in their logical capacities. Which doesn't mean they are stupid, just not comfortable with using facts, logic, and numbers to prove a point.

But as Jung said, logic needs to be used for questions which require logic, and feeling for questions that require feeling, and alot of people, accoroding to Jung, mix the two functions up.
    Last edited by Typh0n; 08-08-2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typo

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Se?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink: