User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which function is the most eight?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Se

4 22.22%
  • Te

13 72.22%
  • Ne

0 0%
  • Fe

1 5.56%
  • Fi

0 0%
  • Si

0 0%
  • Ni

0 0%
  • Ti

0 0%
First 1234 Last

Thread: Te and eight

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

^Yeah, you may be right. I honestly don't know much about enneagram stuff really, but I thought 8s were the controlling leader type that value independence, and I could still see that in ENFJs, even if they don't appear to be as outwardly aggressive as Te doms. I'd listen to your analysis more than mine though.

All Natural! All Good!

There's definitely a correllation between Te and 8 but Se also. Se and 8. Both, as in ESFP/ENTJ means 8 is common among those types.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I've always associated 8 with Se, but come to understand it aligns with Te just as much.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Se and Te. Even the 8s that don't use Se/Te have that flavoring. I know an 8 that I can't decide Te-dom or Se-dom for.
    So dust off your fuck me pumps

8 and Te/Se loop are basically the same thing described by two different personality systems. It is possible to have one without another but the two are just natural fit.

How can you be the real "boss" if you don't have commanding/organizing skills and ability to see what is going on ? Or if you have good commanding/organizing skills and ability to see what is going on there are good chances that you will be in charge sooner or later.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I think that, traditionally, Te-ness is most associated by people with 8-ness...I identify as ESTP, but I've been called an ENTJ several times in real life by people who were familiar with MBTI... it comes across as 8-ish in people and people mistake 8-ness FOR Te
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    8 and Te/Se loop are basically the same thing described by two different personality systems. It is possible to have one without another but the two are just natural fit.
    Yes, Se vacuums up everything and dumps it into Ni but Te is going to decide how/where it's used. At least that's how I see it.

How can you be the real "boss" if you don't have commanding/organizing skills and ability to see what is going on ? Or if you have good commanding/organizing skills and ability to see what is going on there are good chances that you will be in charge sooner or later.
    Even if they don't want to be the boss they will be because a) they can't handle it being done by incompetent people and b) for an 8, they'll act if their environment is being invaded.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I think that, traditionally, Te-ness is most associated by people with 8-ness...I identify as ESTP, but I've been called an ENTJ several times in real life by people who were familiar with MBTI... it comes across as 8-ish in people and people mistake 8-ness FOR Te
    I presume that this is because of ability to push through thing and not really being under anyones control ? (this is perhaps the only way you can be 8 without having Te in the mix)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I presume that this is because of ability to push through thing and not really being under anyones control ? (this is perhaps the only way you can be 8 without having Te in the mix)
    yeah, I have the tendency to ignore protocol and get shit done in most cases... see a problem and solve a problem!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    My dad is absolutely an 8 and many people think ENTJ. He isn't, he's an ESTJ, perhaps ESTP.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.