User Tag List

123 Last

Question Are Js more "8" than Ps?

True or False?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I don't think so. It's especially easy to believe that EPs could be 8s, if not so much the IPs.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

oh definitely, especially the ifjs.

T makes you more directive, unless you're introverted T first (which is still more informing, just very directly informing with its immediate "no, you're wrong"s.

Te is extroverted T. so yes. Ti can be directive if paired with an aggressive/assertive perceiving function and the person is very very pushy. still, mostly 7w8s. otherwise, Te is the most in-charge directive goal-oriented make-it-happen now of all functions. why is this crazy?

efps who are 8s are probably in super-stressed tertiary trap Se-Te Ne-Te mode.

8 is most common for ETJs, followed by EPs, then ITJs, then SFJs or EFJs. So it really depends on which J type. The biggest correlation between type 8 and any of the four letters is extroversion.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

do itj and esj 8s ultimately make sense? can you directly control someone or something with a vague, holistic judgment? you can indirectly manipulate, emotionally pressure, suggest, but this does not seem 8 to me. or an inner perceiving process first, in which you examine your own perceptual experience?

The common ones are the ETJs and EPs. I just mentioned the others because they occur to a lesser extent. Suppose any type can be almost any enneagram if they develop the right way.

Best correlation is ET. I'm guessing ESFP and ENFP get in the mix as extroverts with Te tertiary. And there are tonnes of type 8 EFPs around. IPs are the most rare for type 8, I think.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

how is esfp get things going enneagram 8 by nature? it's not in-charge, which is the definition of extroverted, directing. (initiating, directing). 7w8 with strong tertiary development, i see. but 8 dominant, before tertiary even kicks in hard? how does this make sense? it seems so contradictory.

ESFPs are actually the most common type 8 of the EPs. I think it is just the sensing factor. They are direct and linked into what is around them. Very action oriented, no fuss. Probably the most natural leaders of the EPs. They seem pretty well represented in leading things like sport and personal training, not that uncommon in business either.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    how is esfp get things going enneagram 8 by nature? it's not in-charge, which is the definition of extroverted, directing. (initiating, directing). 7w8 with strong tertiary development, i see. but 8 dominant, before tertiary even kicks in hard? how does this make sense? it seems so contradictory.
    I thought the definition of extraverted was being unable to derive insight about oneself without the help of others, what of course does sound more naive than the opposite of it would be like, once one has seen it.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    ESFPs are actually the most common type 8 of the EPs. I think it is just the sensing factor. They are direct and linked into what is around them. Very action oriented, no fuss. Probably the most natural leaders of the EPs. They seem pretty well represented in leading things like sport and personal training, not that uncommon in business either.
    we think of leaders differently. i know esfp 7w8s. i don't know of any esfp 8s, nor do i know of any correlation statistics, theories, etc that posit esfp 8 as more common than other ep 8s. etp 8 has some correlation, at least with self-typing.