First 123 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

It would seem logical for j's to be 8's

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

The easy way to answer this would be yes. I consider the 3, 7 and 8 as the extraverted types, not meaning a extravert couldnt be another enneagram type.

Taken from revised "Personality Types" by Don Riso and Russ Hudson

Healthy: Self-assertive, self-confident, and strong: able to stand up for what they need and want. A resourceful, "can do" attitude and passionate inner drive. / Decisive, authoritative, and commanding: the natural leader others look up to. Take initiative, make things happen, champion people, providing, protective, and honorable, they carry others with their strength. At Their Best: Become self-restrained and magnanimous, merciful and forbearing, mastering self through their self-surrender to a higher authority. Courageous, willing to put self in serious jeopardy to acheive their vision and have a lasting influence. May achieve true heroism and historical greatness.

Average: Self-sufficiency, financial independence, and having enough resources are important concerns: become enterprising, pragmatic, "rugged individuals", wheeler-dealers. Risk-taking, hardworking, denying own emotional needs. / Begin to dominate their enviroment, including others: want to feel that others are behind them, supporting their efforts. The "boss" whose word is law: swaggering, boastful, forceful and expansive. Proud, egocentric, want to impose their will and vision, not seeing others as equals or treating them with respect. / Become highly combative and intimidating: confrontational, belligerent, creating adversarial relationships. Everything becomes a test of wills, and they will not back down. Use threats and reprisals to get obedience from others, to keep others off-balance and insecure.

Unhealthy: Defying all attempts to control them, they become completely ruthless, dictatorial, "might makes right". The criminal and outlaw, renegade and con artist. Hardhearted, immoral, and invincibility, and ability to prevail: megalomania. Feel omnipotent, invulnerable. Recklesly overextend themselves. / If they get in danger, they might brutally destroy everything that has not conformed to their will rather than surrender to anyone else. Vengeful, barbaric, murderous. Sociopathic tendencies.

Key Motivations: Want to be self-reliant, to resist their weakness, to have an impact on the enviroment, to assert themselves, to stay in control, to prevail over others, to be invincible.
    I dont think what I bolded would be what most Ps would consider their motivation. I put what I would consider the "normal" 8 in underlined and I cant see an EXFX being that, even if they tried very hard. They might be a 7w8 with a heavy wing. An 8 in stereotype is an EXTJ, sometimes IxTJ and EXTP, and in very few cases IXTP but that would be a very unhealthy IXTP. In general mistyping yourself 8 can be very common for an unhealthy 5 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    It would seem logical for j's to be 8's

So does 100% J makes me an uber 8?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

False.

I always imagine '8ism' as being strongly against being ruled by someone. Both types equally share that factor since, well, humans don't like to be controlled too much.

Ps are 8ish because they desire their freedom to absorb things without obligations.

Js are 8ish because they want autonomy to fulfill their current goals. When something gets in the way they get irritated.

At least that's what I could come up with in a few seconds.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

For those who thinks Js are more 8 than Ps, what evidence do you have to support this?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Personal experience.

Personal experience does not justify anything. Please answer the question.

I dont think what I bolded would be what most Ps would consider their motivation.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Okay some EXTP might do that but not many, its just an minority and not what most Ps would consider their main focus if compared with other enneagram motivations. Other motivations might be more true to their nature I think.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I have an opinion X. Please provide me evidence to the contrary, preferably by leading experts in the field, appended with a 200-page detailed summary with proper references.

Unless these requirements are met, I hold my opinion X, and X is true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I have an opinion X. Please provide me evidence to the contrary, preferably by leading experts in the field, appended with a 200-page detailed summary with proper references.

Unless these requirements are met, I hold my opinion X, and X is true.
    claims without evidence to support is simply not true right?
    so you say the earth is the center of the universe, yet you lack evidence to back it up other than the fact that the it appears to be so in the night sky.
    Does that make your statement true?