User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 116

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    22

    Default

    What's confusing about it exactly?

    It is my understanding that all the MBTI preferences run on a spectrum, hence the percentage points. It's a very rare person who is wholly Introverted or Extroverted...I remember reading something Jung said about that...that being wholly E or I was a sign of pathology.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemistry View Post
    What's confusing about it exactly?

    It is my understanding that all the MBTI preferences run on a spectrum, hence the percentage points. It's a very rare person who is wholly Introverted or Extroverted...I remember reading something Jung said about that...that being wholly E or I was a sign of pathology.
    It says you scored INFP with 16% P.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Yes, I did say that. I didn't mention the percentage points for the others, because it didn't seem relevant, since they have, for the most part remained unchanged.

    But your response didn't answer my question about what is confusing for you.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemistry View Post
    Yes, I did say that. I didn't mention the percentage points for the others, because it didn't seem relevant, since they have, for the most part remained unchanged.

    But your response didn't answer my question about what is confusing for you.
    Sorry, I thought it was obvious that 16% P means 84% J.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    22

    Default

    No, it means 16% over the midline or what would be considered "neutral". We may be talking about different modes of measurement, perhaps?

  6. #46
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemistry View Post
    No, it means 16% over the midline or what would be considered "neutral". We may be talking about different modes of measurement, perhaps?
    Very much different.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Clearly!

  8. #48
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemistry View Post
    What's confusing about it exactly?

    It is my understanding that all the MBTI preferences run on a spectrum, hence the percentage points. It's a very rare person who is wholly Introverted or Extroverted...I remember reading something Jung said about that...that being wholly E or I was a sign of pathology.
    not that simple. MBTI is all about cognitive functions. an INFP and INFJ you would think would be very similar, but no, they use COMPLETELY opposite functions. were we going solely off of spectra, I would be an INTJ or INTP.
    PS: I like to collect and observe rare enneagram/MBTI combinations. if you are indeed an INFP 8, I'm interested
    PPS: do you know your wing and instinct variant?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #49
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    not that simple. MBTI is all about cognitive functions. an INFP and INFJ you would think would be very similar, but no, they use COMPLETELY opposite functions
    JCF is all about cognitive functions. The MBTI has been subverted, so it's no longer the system of typology invented by Myers-Briggs, except in name.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #50
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    JCF is all about cognitive functions. The MBTI has been subverted, so it's no longer the system of typology invented by Myers-Briggs, except in name.
    Doesn't the Myers-Briggs institute have pages about cognitive functions and function order, though?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] How is it possible to be an enneagram 5 ISFP?
    By captain curmudgeon in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 02:06 AM
  2. Whip Riva with an enneagram type!
    By riva in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 10-08-2015, 08:04 PM
  3. What's the difference between an INTP with a heart and an INFP with a head?
    By zelo1954 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 03:25 AM
  4. How do you decide on an enneagram type?
    By Silveresque in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
  5. An INFP with strong Ti
    By iseekserendipity in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 08:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO