Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I really don't know... I do know, however that we are a very different animal, and she's more extroverted than I am. She says she is an INFP because her values are the most important thing to her vs an ENFP, where it would be ideas, possibilities.
    Um, has she been put in situations where she was pretty much forced to take control?

That's why I tested 8 at one time, I think. But it's not normal or preferable for me. I will do it, though. And how.

brainheart

I think so. She is the primary breadwinner in her family combined with being the second oldest in a family of five kids. Conversely, I am the youngest of seven kids- four years younger than the closest in age, and I don't have a job, and I don't need to get one. I imagine the fact that she has always held this position of responsibility (and she has an unhealthy 4 mom) affects her motivations.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ?

I am a type 8 and an INFP. I've tested both consistently. Perhaps a rare combination?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Artemistry View Post
    I am a type 8 and an INFP. I've tested both consistently. Perhaps a rare combination?
    Testing consistently isn't good enough. You also have to study the type descriptions themselves to verify that the tests were correct.

I would think that an INFP who seems like an 8 would really be a 4w3, the aggressive 4. Which wing of the 8 do you identify with?
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ?

I've read several Enneagram books ("The Essential Enneagram", "Wisdom of the Enneagram", "Nine Lenses on the World", etc), spent some time in both a workshop and with a counselor who leads Enneagram classes who, when I question whether I was an 8 or not, said there was no question. I've taken the Myers-Briggs tests repeatedly with the same result INFP - originally, when I took it at 18 (I'm 34), I came out as n ENFJ/P, but a few years later and since I've consistently tested as an INFP (pretty light on the P, though at something like 16%, but 44% at the E). I've been thinking about the wings, and I feel that I identify with both 7 and 9 equally, although the strongest influence for me seems to be my point connections to 5 and 2.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I've read several Enneagram books ("The Essential Enneagram", "Wisdom of the Enneagram", "Nine Lenses on the World", etc), spent some time in both a workshop and with a counselor who leads Enneagram classes who, when I question whether I was an 8 or not, said there was no question. I've taken the Myers-Briggs tests repeatedly with the same result INFP - originally, when I took it at 18 (I'm 34), I came out as n ENFJ/P, but a few years later and since I've consistently tested as an INFP (pretty light on the P, though at something like 16%, but 44% at the E). I've been thinking about the wings, and I feel that I identify with both 7 and 9 equally, although the strongest influence for me seems to be my point connections to 5 and 2.
    I don't understand. 16% P makes you an INFP?
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I've read several Enneagram books ("The Essential Enneagram", "Wisdom of the Enneagram", "Nine Lenses on the World", etc), spent some time in both a workshop and with a counselor who leads Enneagram classes who, when I question whether I was an 8 or not, said there was no question.
    I've heard an Enneagram teacher say something similar to a friend of mine. "If you're not a 9, I'll take down my shingle!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ?

I don't mean that the score of 16% P means I'm an INFP, but rather that the NF portions were consistent, but it was the E/I and J/P that changed when I took the test later.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I don't mean that the score of 16% P means I'm an INFP, but rather that the NF portions were consistent, but it was the E/I and J/P that changed when I took the test later.
    "I came out as n ENFJ/P, but a few years later and since I've consistently tested as an INFP (pretty light on the P, though at something like 16%, but 44% at the E)."

Confusing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: