User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: 4w3 vs 4w5

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    I'm upset that people won't see me at my best; she's upset that she won't see her best. Subtle difference, and of course, both wings influence a person regardless of which is dominant.
    Oh, I like this. Something to ponder...

brainheart

okay... how about this: if someone likes something I create but I'm not pleased with it, their liking it is not going to be enough to convince me that it's good, although it may bolster my confidence a bit. Would that be more of a 4w5 thing or a 4w3 thing or both?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    okay... how about this: if someone likes something I create but I'm not pleased with it, their liking it is not going to be enough to convince me that it's good, although it may bolster my confidence a bit. Would that be more of a 4w5 thing or a 4w3 thing or both?
    Personally, I think both. Because the 3 wing is only so powerful for a 4. There's two needs for a 4w3: outside approval, and inner approval. They can conflict. See, a 4w3 hopes that everyone will love everything they themselves love. A 4 knows when they're being fake, and that conflicts with a 4's self-expression. So a 4w3 is more apt to make that mistake, but just as likely as a 4w5 to regret it afterwards.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I think this has more to do with levels of health than wings. If you are unhealthy and are trying to support an identity based on victimhood/difference from others, then it would be less likely for a 4 to listen to the opinion of others probably.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    I think this has more to do with levels of health than wings. If you are unhealthy and are trying to support an identity based on victimhood/difference from others, then it would be less likely for a 4 to listen to the opinion of others probably.
    I'm not sure that's what brainheart is asking though. I got the impression the question was "If I feel my work isn't at its best, and everyone else says it's amazing, what does it mean if that doesn't satisfy me?" And that means you're an artist, and therefore a perfectionist, and therefore more concerned with how YOU see your work before all else.

4w3s, believe it or not, do this too. The 3 just makes it more likely for a 4 to please someone else yet disappoint himself. 4w5s are just as a whole more private about their self expression. Hmm. It's just a 4 thing, really.

It's just as unhealthy to downplay your thoughts for the majority as it is to never take anyone else's opinions into account and have unrealistic standards.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Interactions between Russell Brand (4w3) and Morrissey (4w5) are quite lovely means of comparing the two varieties I think.

2008 interview

brainheart

I'm not sure that's what brainheart is asking though. I got the impression the question was "If I feel my work isn't at its best, and everyone else says it's amazing, what does it mean if that doesn't satisfy me?" And that means you're an artist, and therefore a perfectionist, and therefore more concerned with how YOU see your work before all else.
    Correct interpretation, Bubbles... but of course...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Okay, I'm going to be honest, I think that's very 5ish behavior. A 4w3 would ask people, or be more willing to bend their opinions based on someone else's perception (note: this is why I changed from thinking I was 4w5 to 4w3). A 5 would be more concerned about competency and wouldn't accept someone else's opinion at face value. Simply considering it and being agreed with isn't enough for 4w5; you want enough validity to satisfy you, yourself.
    My opinions and standpoints on things (not all things) may fluctuate often or easily just by hearing someone else speak about their own viewpoint to me; I'm very impressionable. I suddenly feel overwhelmed if someone's viewpoint conflicts with my own, as if all the previous evidence for my viewpoint were squashed and that the door of standpoint possibilities is just flung right open again with this cold and menacing gust of doubt. I THOUGHT I had finally chosen a comfortable perspective on an issue, yet I am shifting once again. This part about myself I find really frustrating. :steam:
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    My opinions and standpoints on things (not all things) may fluctuate often or easily just by hearing someone else speak about their own viewpoint to me; I'm very impressionable. I suddenly feel overwhelmed if someone's viewpoint conflicts with my own, as if all the previous evidence for my viewpoint were squashed and that the door of standpoint possibilities is just flung right open again with this cold and menacing gust of doubt. I THOUGHT I had finally chosen a comfortable perspective on an issue, yet I am shifting once again. This part about myself I find really frustrating. :steam:
    I can totally relate to this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by psyche View Post
    I can totally relate to this.
    i can as well. however, it's not necessarily often that i'll actually adopt a person's opinion, just second-guess my own.
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!