Thread: 4w3 vs 4w5

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Perhaps the 4w3 is a little more image-conscious, open, or humor-oriented? I've never met a 4w5, so I guess I don't really have any grounds on which to compare.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

How can anybody honestly generalise in the way people have in this thread? If anything Enneatype colours MBTI; not the other way around.

Imagine an INFP (FiNeSiTe) and ISFP (FiSeNiTe) 4w5 from the same family were placed in a room together and interviewed. Would you expect them to describe their emotions in a similar way? Now imagine how tenuous it is to assume that random people on a forum, with little in common, can conform to type stereotypes. Environment and genetics combine to create a personality in a way we are yet to fully understand.

The only way the stereotypes could be justified is if we could find evidence that Enneagram is heritable. So far there is none.

I must stress that a 3 or 5 wing will express itself differently depending at least on whether the person is male or female, and their MBTI. I wish we took these factors into account more.

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

4s re-organize themselves into something personal, and it stems from a desire to know themselves really well. Self-competence is stressed. It is stressed because they fear their endowments aren't what they seem; defective. If they re-organize their self-competence, i.e. know themselves, there's hope they can elude these fears, or prove them wrong. Ultimately they're only over-compensating.

4w3s re-organize in order to subordinate their endowments. They have an intimate sense of control, which presents as an authoritative instinct; confidence. For them influence is not something to prove. It's something to do. Re-organization is used to embody government; the ability to be in control of oneself. 4w3s deal with compensation more openly than 4w5s. When their self-doubt hints their authority is defective they counter it with controlling behavior, which can appear chaotic, non self-aware, contrived, impulsive and even dangerous in their efforts to feel 'real.' Lastly 4w3s act like the gut triad they face toward.

4w5s re-organize to prove they can control their endowments. Amidst the sense of inner promise there is immediate doubt of their sufficiency. They're prone to withdraw to process themselves, especially via retention. They counter feeling vulnerably unprepared, and thus unknowledgeable of themselves, by increasing their arsenal of proof; their skill set. Through cultivating skills they prove control over their inner-potential. The more reticent subtype, they downplay their struggles to others for fear that it will threaten the control they painstakingly aim to establish. Looking utterly embryonic is self-sabotage. 4w5s act like the head triad they face.

Main diff is 4w3s feel inherently powerful and 4w5s feel pressure to further develop their power. If being true to yourself means accepting your proneness not to be ideal, then both of them suck at it.
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...
    Likes The Penguin, Punderstorm liked this post

@Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.
    You have a loooong username.
    Likes The Penguin liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    @Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.
    You have a loooong username.
    It's overdone, but it reminds me of myself 6 years ago. Miss that guy.
    Likes Forever, The Penguin liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. View Post
    It's overdone, but it reminds me of myself 6 years ago. Miss that guy.
    Who was he to you?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Who was he to you?
    Mostly a blissful hopeful. Now I'm a lovable cynic.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. View Post
    Mostly a blissful hopeful. Now I'm a lovable cynic.
    Well judging by your type, I'm sure you can change yourself to who you really want to be, like yourself 6 years ago, it's possible. Especially if it was before.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

I feel like my personality is schizo sometimes

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

There is my natural authentic self, but I often feel like it's sort of nestled between this machine-type irrepressible urge to succeed or something, but it doesn't feel like something I can really negotiate, or deal with in a very rationale matter. It almost feels like some sort of evil spirit inside of me, that drags me through life; even when inside I feel like some sort of twisted distorted, and surreal landscape inside of my own person feelings and senses of self. It's like everything popular and happening in the world is splashed on my face, and I sort of half mold myself to it, even though in many ways I hate and despise it.

I guess, it's sort of like I've spent a lot of time trying to mimic Fe then I have realized. But it's almost too much at times too, and I feel overwhelmed, and afraid. And I hate how fake I feel all of the time. I spend hours scrutinizing my appearance and how I come off to people, or seem. I guess trying to craft a persona that reflects how I feel inside. But mostly I always feel like I am fighting with my self all of the time. It sort of feels like you're always walking in an escalator. But then I feel like a 5 sort of too, so I dunno.

But then I guess deep inside, there is this constant need for perfectionism that I can't fight with, or fear of failure, too. It's kind of ruthless.