First 21011121314 Last

Thread: 4w3 vs 4w5

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I looked up ENFP 4w5 today and this is what I found. I am wondering if there are any other ENFP 4s and if any are having wing confusion, and what a ENFP 4w5 would look like from more perspectives.

Here are a few tidbits from blogs I found today:

ENFP 4s vs. ENFP 7s
    If you run into a less extroverted ENFP, it’s likely that he is a 4 with a 5 wing (4w5), because they are drained from being out in the world and hide inside their own heads. An ENFP who is a 4 with a 3 wing (4w3), on the other hand, is energized by intense experiences, which is just like a 7.
    That’s where the confusion with identification begins. 4w3s and 7s may both be very hyper, but there’s more emotional involvement from the 4. And a 4w5 may seem like a healthy 7 when he is able to quickly learn a great deal of knowledge, since a 7 integrates to a 5. When the 4w5 is unhealthy though, he resembles an absent-minded, spontaneous 7. One has to sort through the similarities and get to the differences.

______
    All in all, as an ENFP 4w5, I see you as an energetic, honestly outgoing person who has a big heart and interest in pretty much everything! You’re not afraid of your emotions and you take things as they come.
    _________

being an ENFP 4w5 is a strange thing for me because it’s a combination of crazy extroverted intuition and introverted feeling that means i’m driven by my own morals+principles and see connections in almost everything, then always having this conflict of moodily wanting to be unique and having this weird thirst for knowledge and learning. it’s like being an NT and an NF at the same time i don’t know what that’s about. Any other ENFPs find their enneagram odd?
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    Or this, we 4's are so unique we can't identify with anyone
    Truth, every time I've ever questioned my type (granted, rarely the core e-type, but MBTI and the subtler details), its because once I get to talking to others of said type, I latch onto some differences and can't get them out of my head. Tends to be qualities I wish I possessed.

But I've caught onto the pattern now and question its pull, comparing the discrepancies to the similarities rather than brushing off what we have in common.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Truth, every time I've ever questioned my type (granted, rarely the core e-type, but MBTI and the subtler details), its because once I get to talking to others of said type, I latch onto some differences and can't get them out of my head. Tends to be qualities I wish I possessed.

But I've caught onto the pattern now and question its pull, comparing the discrepancies to the similarities rather than brushing off what we have in common.
    I was guilty of that too. That coupled with the fact that I didn't understand what Ni was and how it worked kept me from finding my type for so long.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I looked up ENFP 4w5 today and this is what I found. I am wondering if there are any other ENFP 4s and if any are having wing confusion, and what a ENFP 4w5 would look like from more perspectives.

ENFP 4s vs. ENFP 7s
    If you run into a less extroverted ENFP, it’s likely that he is a 4 with a 5 wing (4w5), because they are drained from being out in the world and hide inside their own heads. An ENFP who is a 4 with a 3 wing (4w3), on the other hand, is energized by intense experiences, which is just like a 7.
    That’s where the confusion with identification begins. 4w3s and 7s may both be very hyper, but there’s more emotional involvement from the 4. And a 4w5 may seem like a healthy 7 when he is able to quickly learn a great deal of knowledge, since a 7 integrates to a 5. When the 4w5 is unhealthy though, he resembles an absent-minded, spontaneous 7. One has to sort through the similarities and get to the differences.

______
    All in all, as an ENFP 4w5, I see you as an energetic, honestly outgoing person who has a big heart and interest in pretty much everything! You’re not afraid of your emotions and you take things as they come.
    _________

being an ENFP 4w5 is a strange thing for me because it’s a combination of crazy extroverted intuition and introverted feeling that means i’m driven by my own morals+principles and see connections in almost everything, then always having this conflict of moodily wanting to be unique and having this weird thirst for knowledge and learning. it’s like being an NT and an NF at the same time i don’t know what that’s about. Any other ENFPs find their enneagram odd?

Now add in being sx-dom as an ENFP, e4...trust me, it drives you batty. I used to type 4w5 due to the fact that I related to that feeling of rebellion towards the rest of the world in giving them the middle finger and being only true to myself. That and the need to research the crap out of everything, which led to being self-sabotaging due to perfectionism and a feeling of never quite being ready enough or prepared enough to face the world. However, people kept pestering me that I am or at least appear to be 4w3 and tbh - as much as I do not identify with the ambition, drive or need to accomplish shit in a 3 - I do relate to a lot of that part of the profile too. Add to that that I straddle the line between E/I and type sx-so and I just threw up my hands in the air and went for typing enneagram 4 with a double wing.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    I was guilty of that too. That coupled with the fact that I didn't understand what Ni was and how it worked kept me from finding my type for so long.
    Bit like how I blew off Fe for years without a second look because it seemed so...connected. I was young.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Bit like how I blew off Fe for years without a second look because it seemed so...connected. I was young.
    I always thought Fe would remain a mystery to me. I knew what it is and what it does, but I couldn't fully grasp how it could drive someone. That was until I realized that being a social 4w3 I can totally relate to it, it was just such an uncouscious process I never knew I was doing it.

MBTI
    WILD

ENFP 4s vs. ENFP 7s

______
    _________

I messed up my reputation comment sorry. Wanted to say it's so true.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    I messed up my reputation comment sorry. Wanted to say it's so true.
    Are you an ENFP 4w5 or do you know one? This is how I feel. I'm still debating my dominant wing, though.

MBTI
    WILD

Are you an ENFP 4w5 or do you know one? This is how I feel. I'm still debating my dominant wing, though.
    I'm this weird mix too
    I can relate to your description
    Between what are you hesitating ?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    I'm this weird mix too
    I can relate to your description
    Between what are you hesitating ?
    4w3 vs. 4w5.

I have seen both cases. For a long time I could only see myself as a 4w3. Despite the fact that I previously mistyped at 5w4 for many years.

Most people have very strong opinions on my wing - one way or the other - but it seems that almost everyone who knows me WELL, thinks it's 4w5, whereas my first IMPRESSION that I give off, is 4w3. I don't fit a classic sulky, depressive, isolated 4w5 description, but when I break down my deeper motives and fears it is more 4w5, and some of my deeper traits do match that description. I am wondering if my comparative "doer" and "in my body" nature is because of ENFP, and also 7 and 8 fixes, and I am in fact a 4w5 core.