User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    hey Disco, and other 8w9s, what is the core of being an 8w9? i mean, what would you describe as the key parts of being 8w9?

how much does the 9 wing temper the 8 aggresiveness?
    i have always thought of 8s (with either wing) as very aggressive and dominant at all times, but maybe that is not true. do you 8w9s feel uncomfortable or resentful if you have to forfeit leadership or control over a group?
    i am wondering because i always thought i was too laid-back to be an 8w9, but i am now wondering if i am one.
    I remember you said you thought you were 9w1 before. I thought you'd be 9w8 or 8w9. Isn't eight more about the core need to be self reliant? That doesn't necessarily make a person aggressive.

Eight
    Basic Fear: Of being harmed or controlled by others
    Basic Desire: To protect themselves (to be in control of their own life
    and destiny)

Key Motivations: Want to be self-reliant, to prove their strength and resist weakness, to be important in their world, to dominate the environment, and to stay in control of their situation.
    An eight would most definitely be assertive but not necessarily aggressive.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    An eight would most definitely be assertive but not necessarily aggressive.
    i guess when i said 'aggressive' i meant extremely assertive and decisive, bold. to me aggressive is not a necesarily negative quality. i use it as a compliment a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    i guess when i said 'aggressive' i meant extremely assertive and decisive, bold. to me aggressive is not a necesarily negative quality. i use it as a compliment a lot.
    If you want to see the difference between 8w9 and 9w8 and aggressiveness think about the differences between Vito Corleone and Harry Callahan.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Another thing to explain the difference between 8w9 and 9w8 is to look at motivations.

An 8w9 will use assertiveness and sometimes challenge in order to achieve and maintain a quiet life, peace and harmony.

A 9w8 will enjoy feeling laid back and relaxed so long as they don't feel their autonomy is threatened, and will often use peacemaking and seeking a quiet life to support and build their sense of personal control and defend from threat.

Someone once described an 8w9 a bit like an alligator. Happy sauntering along in the cool water, not bothering anyone... unless provoked or hungry!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

BUMP!

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Here is a video of Colin Powell discussing what our generation needs to do to be leaders.

[YOUTUBE="zJTXrxRlST0"]Leadership[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Here is a video of Colin Powell discussing what our generation needs to do to be leaders.

[YOUTUBE="zJTXrxRlST0"]Leadership[/YOUTUBE]
    Dafuq; he's not explaining shit about what this generation needs to be leaders. Lol, what is "our generation" refer to anyway? Generation Z?

He thinks using the internet and technology to create flash mobs is amazing. And calls himself an "old folk" and talks about "young folks" and says we shouldn't learn from him; but then he says to study history and learn from past mistakes. Contradiction; but okay and no shit?

The only thing he really says is that execution is more important than anything else and to change goals when execution fails. k, so at least he teaches common sense.

It is not comforting to know he is part of my country's Generals. He comes off like he's soft and stupid.

Got any better videos?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@DiscoBiscuit
    8w9's are more likely to let anger build up within themselves, which may manifest in constant bitterness and harshness. Like 8w7's, they view conflict as a way of life, but do not enjoy it as much, since when they are in rebellion against the outside world, they are also in rebellion against a part of themselves that would rather do without the hassle and zone out. They are slow to conflict - they would often rather stand "en garde" and wait for their adversary to "cross the line" - but when they involve themselves in conflict, their hostility has a relentless, sado-masochistic quality to it. They willfully numb their tender feelings, and show a tough face to the world. 8w9's are conspicuously sensitive to the issue of personal boundaries - both their own and everyone else's. "Stay out of my business, and I'll stay out of yours," they will often say in a measured tone that conveys great respect for the other while making it subtly clear that they will not be crossed. When they lighten up, they can be intensely devoted to the protection of others, especially defenseless people whom they have affection for. However, trust does not come easily to them. "Every person's survival is his own business."
    this just sounds like a confident, secure guy. I relate to it and I'm a 7w6
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'd like to read more about the whole "looking harmless one day, looking threatening the next." This pisses me off, I have so many ass holes in my life coming up and messing with me, most of my effort in life has been devoted to looking big and scary so I can scare them off and be left alone. I suspect the sx/so has something to do with that as well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

8w9's are more likely to let anger build up within themselves, which may manifest in constant bitterness and harshness. Like 8w7's, they view conflict as a way of life, but do not enjoy it as much, since when they are in rebellion against the outside world, they are also in rebellion against a part of themselves that would rather do without the hassle and zone out. They are slow to conflict - they would often rather stand "en garde" and wait for their adversary to "cross the line" - but when they involve themselves in conflict, their hostility has a relentless, sado-masochistic quality to it. They willfully numb their tender feelings, and show a tough face to the world. 8w9's are conspicuously sensitive to the issue of personal boundaries - both their own and everyone else's. "Stay out of my business, and I'll stay out of yours," they will often say in a measured tone that conveys great respect for the other while making it subtly clear that they will not be crossed. When they lighten up, they can be intensely devoted to the protection of others, especially defenseless people whom they have affection for. However, trust does not come easily to them. "Every person's survival is his own business."
    ^This. I also relate to this especially about boundaries. As introverted sp 9 my line is always "Leave me alone, I won't bother you." Same also with slow to conflict. 8w9 and 9w8 are same with regards to being aggressive in defending in a very intense loud manner when the line is crossed. The difference is with reaction. 8w9 is quick to react to anger while 9w8 is slow to react. 9w8 might even forgive once, twice or thrice about the annoyance and irritation, but once a person do that very often, the 9's anger is very explosive that some things around might even break.