• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] Enneagram 4s vs. 2s

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4 vs 2: Twos are other-directed while fours are more attuned to their own needs and self before others as the self is their primary focus

2 vs 4: Fours are elitist and are very comfortable with that. Fours don't like it when twos trivialize the complexity of their problems when a two says problems can be helped. Fours go out of their way to show they are not gentle while twos suppress that.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
4 vs 2: Twos are other-directed while fours are more attuned to their own needs and self before others as the self is their primary focus

2 vs 4: Fours are elitist and are very comfortable with that. Fours don't like it when twos trivialize the complexity of their problems when a two says problems can be helped. Fours go out of their way to show they are not gentle while twos suppress that.

I made bold what applies to moi.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you relate to both you're probably a 2 experiencing some integration into 4. That was just a copy paste from a site.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Copying from this site. Maybe you'll find it helpful:

Twos might mistype as Four, especially, if they have artistic inclinations or believe themselves to be depressive. These qualities are not confined to Four however. In general, Fours are much more withdrawn and introspective than is the other focused Two who is frequently unaware of underlying motivations.

Fours and Twos can both be emotionally expressive, and Fours, like Twos, can experience neediness under stress, but it is Twos, especially those who have artistic inclinations, who are more likely to mistype as Fours than the converse. The principle difference centers around the fact that Twos tend to be focused on others, whereas Fours tend toward self-absorption. Fours are introspective and tend to magnify their perceived flaws whereas Twos tend to have a self-flattering self-image.

I am not very well-versed on enneagram myself, so I can't be sure of the validity.

Also, have a look at the wings for both 4 and 2. Or, well... have a look at all the sources in that thread while you're at it. :tongue:
Instinctual variants might be very helpful as well: 2 and 4.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Copying from this site. Maybe you'll find it helpful:

Twos might mistype as Four, especially, if they have artistic inclinations or believe themselves to be depressive. These qualities are not confined to Four however. In general, Fours are much more withdrawn and introspective than is the other focused Two who is frequently unaware of underlying motivations.

Fours and Twos can both be emotionally expressive, and Fours, like Twos, can experience neediness under stress, but it is Twos, especially those who have artistic inclinations, who are more likely to mistype as Fours than the converse. The principle difference centers around the fact that Twos tend to be focused on others, whereas Fours tend toward self-absorption. Fours are introspective and tend to magnify their perceived flaws whereas Twos tend to have a self-flattering self-image.

I am not very well-versed on enneagram myself, so I can't be sure of the validity.

Also, have a look at the wings for both 4 and 2. Or, well... have a look at all the sources in that thread while you're at it. :tongue:
Instinctual variants might be very helpful as well: 2 and 4.

I'm just going to go with 2 and not second guess, since it fits with my type.