User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Enneagram 4s vs. 2s

I don't know which I am!

Edit: 350th post!
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

4 vs 2: Twos are other-directed while fours are more attuned to their own needs and self before others as the self is their primary focus

2 vs 4: Fours are elitist and are very comfortable with that. Fours don't like it when twos trivialize the complexity of their problems when a two says problems can be helped. Fours go out of their way to show they are not gentle while twos suppress that.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)
    Likes Daydreaming Swan liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    4 vs 2: Twos are other-directed while fours are more attuned to their own needs and self before others as the self is their primary focus

2 vs 4: Fours are elitist and are very comfortable with that. Fours don't like it when twos trivialize the complexity of their problems when a two says problems can be helped. Fours go out of their way to show they are not gentle while twos suppress that.
    I made bold what applies to moi.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If you relate to both you're probably a 2 experiencing some integration into 4. That was just a copy paste from a site.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Hmm. Makes sense. Thanks.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Copying from this site. Maybe you'll find it helpful:

Twos might mistype as Four, especially, if they have artistic inclinations or believe themselves to be depressive. These qualities are not confined to Four however. In general, Fours are much more withdrawn and introspective than is the other focused Two who is frequently unaware of underlying motivations.

Fours and Twos can both be emotionally expressive, and Fours, like Twos, can experience neediness under stress, but it is Twos, especially those who have artistic inclinations, who are more likely to mistype as Fours than the converse. The principle difference centers around the fact that Twos tend to be focused on others, whereas Fours tend toward self-absorption. Fours are introspective and tend to magnify their perceived flaws whereas Twos tend to have a self-flattering self-image.

I am not very well-versed on enneagram myself, so I can't be sure of the validity.

Also, have a look at the wings for both 4 and 2. Or, well... have a look at all the sources in that thread while you're at it.
    Instinctual variants might be very helpful as well: 2 and 4.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Copying from this site. Maybe you'll find it helpful:

Twos might mistype as Four, especially, if they have artistic inclinations or believe themselves to be depressive. These qualities are not confined to Four however. In general, Fours are much more withdrawn and introspective than is the other focused Two who is frequently unaware of underlying motivations.

Fours and Twos can both be emotionally expressive, and Fours, like Twos, can experience neediness under stress, but it is Twos, especially those who have artistic inclinations, who are more likely to mistype as Fours than the converse. The principle difference centers around the fact that Twos tend to be focused on others, whereas Fours tend toward self-absorption. Fours are introspective and tend to magnify their perceived flaws whereas Twos tend to have a self-flattering self-image.

I am not very well-versed on enneagram myself, so I can't be sure of the validity.

Also, have a look at the wings for both 4 and 2. Or, well... have a look at all the sources in that thread while you're at it.
    Instinctual variants might be very helpful as well: 2 and 4.
    I'm just going to go with 2 and not second guess, since it fits with my type.