• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Enneagram 9s

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Who are the 9s out here? What types are you in MBTI? Is there a universal?

redacted

There's no universal conversion between enneagram and MBTI because they describe different things.

I'm a 9 btw.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's no universal conversion between enneagram and MBTI because they describe different things.

I'm a 9 btw.

And as an added inconvenience, the two systems have no common factor in their number of types.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9w8 sx/so. :hi: 9's seem to be pretty universal when it comes to MBTI type, but the most common ones appear to be I__P and INFJ (maybe ISFJ, haven't seen proof of that though).

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
The variation of MBTI types within Enneagram types is always neat...especially this one! Everything from ISTPs to ENFJs...

I'm not a 9, but you guys seem alright.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is it true that 9s are the most likely to identify with all the other types?

To an extent, of course.

lane777

nevermore
Is it true that 9s are the most likely to identify with all the other types?

True in my case (9w1). I really relate to the information below, which can be found here.

We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity.

Ironically, therefore, the only type the Nine is not like is the Nine itself. Being a separate self, an individual who must assert herself against others, is terrifying to Nines. They would rather melt into someone else or quietly follow their idyllic daydreams.

Red, a nationally known business consultant, comments on this tendency:

“I am aware of focusing on other people, wondering what they are like, how and where they live, etc. In a relationship with others, I often give up my own agenda in favor of the other person’s. I have to be on guard about giving in to other’s demands and discounting my own legitimate needs.”

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Type 9

Who are my 9s out here?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:hi:There's one! Hi Udog!

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lots of ISFPs are 9s...hmm...and all dudes. Ha.