• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] Enneagram 9s

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
True in my case (9w1). I really relate to the information below, which can be found here.

We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity.

Ironically, therefore, the only type the Nine is not like is the Nine itself. Being a separate self, an individual who must assert herself against others, is terrifying to Nines. They would rather melt into someone else or quietly follow their idyllic daydreams.

Red, a nationally known business consultant, comments on this tendency:

“I am aware of focusing on other people, wondering what they are like, how and where they live, etc. In a relationship with others, I often give up my own agenda in favor of the other person’s. I have to be on guard about giving in to other’s demands and discounting my own legitimate needs.”

I relate to all that.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram 9s are an awesome tranquility :D I soooo hope to be one one day... What are the wings that you can get with this type agin... like 8 and something???

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was looking at the interwebs last night, and came across Renee Zelwegger and Sandra Bullock as type 9s. Apparently, Bill Clinton is one too (though it seems to me that this may be a new thing for Billy-Bob, I'm not certain). Still, I've always liked them all (especially Renee with a few pounds on her, but even without, just wow). So humble.

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I am type 9, I suppose you could throw a 1 in there for my wing on a good day.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I think I'm a 9. But I go back and forth between 9 and 6. It's weird - it's like I'm a 6 in theory, but I have all the Type 9 fixations. My general response to problems or "noise" in my life is something akin to "la la la la la." But when I'm considering ideas or problems that fall outside the realm of actual things in my life that I have to deal with, I become a 6. I guess I'm a 9 in action and a 6 in thought.

wolfy

awsm
I don't know about nine. It kind of fits but I have zero fear of loss and separation. Which is supposed to be the core fear of a nine. I'll have to rake my brains for evidence.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are you an INFP, or an INFJ?