• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] 8w7s

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Fellow 8w7s, tell me about yourself.

What are some of the words people that know you would use to describe you?

What are your goals in life?

What makes you happy?

What would you say is your worse characteristic?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've got 8w7 results most often, though I haven't checked out if I'd actually be 3.

Entertaining, dependable, intelligent (I get less of this anymore), funny, straightforward, driven, achievement-seeking, confident, assertive, decisive, indecisive, crazy (I get less of this), enthusiastic, supporting.
Edit: something I get from sources further from me, after a bit of study, I'm also thought of as dull, wild, serious, drinker, lazy, workaholic, failure.

Now that my health is back, I need money, and it's gonna be a long but not ultimate goal. Rich fulfilling life - not in terms of money, but in experience and appreciation of world. Having power over my destiny, fun, learning to master myself, developing powers of the mind, exercising intelligence, having a sense of adventure and freedom, developing wisdom and responsibility while maintaining fun and sense of wonder.

What makes you happy?
Exchanging ideas, feelings with my loved one. Meeting friends. Playing. Winning, performing well. Enjoying sunlight, warm weather, eating, drinking. Knowing to understand a concept well and using it to gain leverage. Understanding something special, gaining an intellectual insight of something worthwhile.

Aggression, attempts to overcontrol when losing control, sometimes I'm distrustful, having grudge, demanding a lot, carefree only with selected ones, sugar topping over steel frame, with little bunnies and hearts inside.

VagrantFarce

What makes you happy?

[youtube=ZChJus0qbWs]8w7[/youtube]

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
An Enneagram site calls 8w7s Mavericks

59874.jpg

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The latest test I took at Eclectic Energies Enneagram Tests (free) gave a balanced wing 3, with 8w7 just near the top of possibilities. So, perhaps my answers weren't those of an 8w7, or perhaps they were, I haven't verified the results yet. Must give time. I don't know enough of enneagram to really tell about it, apart from tests and reading descriptions.

But, I think it's a good description for type number 3 to say that success means different things to people. 7w8 and 8w7 came next after my 3w2 and 3w4 results.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8w7 profile from "The Wisdom of the Enneagram" By Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson-

The Eight with a Seven wing- The Independent.

Healthy- Having a quick mind combined with a vision for practical possibilities, people of this subtype are often charismatic and able to attract the support of others to join them in their vision. They are action-oriented, and want to have an impact on their world. They are also good at challenging others to stretch their abilities and to surpass their own expectations so that their lives can be better in some practical way. This is the most independent subtype, often entrepreneurial, and interested in creating projects that will ensure their independence.

Average- People of this subtype are adventurous risk-takers; they tend to have "big plans" and, in order to enlist the cooperation of others, to make big promises and exaggerate the potential of their ventures. They are also one of the most sociable types, talkative and outgoing, with great self-confidence. They are pragmatic, practical, and competitive and are not overly concerned with pleasing others or with putting up with what they perceive as weakness or inefficiency. They can become impatient, impulsive, and more likely to be led by their feelings than the other subtype. They are more openly aggressive and confrontational and less likely to back down from a fight.

8w7 from this random website that's awesome- Descriptions of the Enneagram Wings

Eight With a 7 Wing
Awakened Eights with a 7 wing are often expansive, and powerful. Gregarious and generous, they may display a cheerful bravado. Can be forceful but with a light touch, funny. Often have a sense of humor about themselves. Generally more extroverted, ambitious and materialistic. May talk loud and be sociable partygoers. Sometimes driven to bring the new into being. Can be visionary, idealistic, enterprising. Willing to take risks. May think more clearly than Eights with a 9 wing; 7 wing brings an intellectual capacity. When more entranced, aggression combines with gluttony to form an almost virulent tendency to addiction. Many entranced Eights with a 7 wing have had drug and alcohol problems or tensions around addiction. Prone to temperamental ups and downs - can be moody, egocentric, quick to anger. Tendency to court chaos, inflate themselves narcissistically. Some are ruthlessly materialistic. Can use people up, suck them dry. Maybe be explosive or violent, prone to distorted overreaction.

Real-Life Eights With a 7 Wing: Leslie Abramson, F. Lee Bailey, Lucille Ball, Sean Connery, Jimmy Connors, Robert Conrad, Brian Dennehy, Lawyer Alan Dershowitz, Danny DeVito, Kirk Douglas, Rush Limbaugh, Fritz Perls, Ann Richards, Geraldo Rivera, Telly Savalas, Frank Sinatra, Grace Slick, Donald Trump, Zorba the Greek.

Movie Eights With a 7 Wing: John Cassavetes, I'm Almost Not Crazy; Michael Douglas, Wall Street; Robert Duvall, The Great Santini; Gene Hackman, Class Action; Christine Lahti, Leaving Normal; Laura San Giacoma, sex, lies and videotape; Ron Silver, Reversal Of Fortune; Elaine Strick, September.

Jaguar

Where the hell are all the 8s? You bastards! Get in here. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish I had an 8 friend in real life take me under their wing. :D 9w8s and 8's mesh well together.

Jaguar

Ahhhh but a real 8 wouldn't want you under his wing for very long.
He'd want to see you soar, my friend.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Thanks for taking the time Santtu. Come on people. I know you're out there. Together we can create the very first group of mavericks!!

Nah!!:cheese:

[youtube=ZChJus0qbWs]8w7[/youtube]

Most fitting, yes :)

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I am 8w7 but I don't think I can describe my traits very well, at least not objectively. It might be more useful if people who know 8w7 IRL described their impression of them.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP

What makes you happy?

I'm not an 8w7, but I know someone who is. He's very straightforward/blunt, confident, has leadership qualities (even though he doesn't care to lead most of the time), punctual, focused, aggressive, and likes structure.

I actually know two other 8w7's (who read and took the enneagram test) and they all have that in common. Something I noticed about them is they all have an intense/piercing look in their eyes which looks a bit threatening to others. They are no bullshit types that have no issue dealing with conflict. What makes them happy is efficiency in everything they do. Work comes first then the fun comes into play. I would say the worst characteristic they have is that they can be insensitive to peoples' feelings if they don't make sense to them. Some people have compared them to drill sergeants when they are in work mode.
:D

Ape

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTP
Enneagram
8w7

I'm not an 8w7, but I know someone who is. He's very straightforward/blunt, confident, has leadership qualities (even though he doesn't care to lead most of the time), punctual, focused, aggressive, and likes structure.

I actually know two other 8w7's (who read and took the enneagram test) and they all have that in common. Something I noticed about them is they all have an intense/piercing look in their eyes which looks a bit threatening to others. They are no bullshit types that have no issue dealing with conflict. What makes them happy is efficiency in everything they do. Work comes first then the fun comes into play. I would say the worst characteristic they have is that they can be insensitive to peoples' feelings if they don't make sense to them. Some people have compared them to drill sergeants when they are in work mode.
:D

I'm like Razor, very hard for me to describe myself objectivity, even though I have been at this Typology stuff for almost two years.I can say, objectively, I am tough as nails. I have never met anyone that has the pain threshold I possess and I fight very well

But the above seems accurate, I do have snaky intense eyes and people seem to be intimidated by me even when I make no effort to be such.

As for being efficient when working, I used to do underwater piece work and if my surface guy in any way fucked with my work flow, I would looooose it.Stab someone 72 times kinda lose it. Thankfully the reg stayed in my mouth most times, so my screams of rage were muffled and I rarely carried a dive knife.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9

What makes you happy?

So, I will try.

1. Very creative, ambitious, self-confident, goal-oriented, somewhat lazy, responsible, also somewhat conservative (maybe snobbish?), but still flexible, smart, deep, controversial, straightforward, sophisticated, disrespectful and questioning the authority- very independent, reliable, ''a rebel with a cause'', learns from her mistakes, fun to be around when in the right mood, sometimes naive and emotional, but when making decisions still relies on logic.

2. Fulfill my ambitions, being successful, use the opportunities I have, providing the best circumstances for my parents and children, and most important- have fun while doing all this.

3. Oh there are many things, actually I'm happy most of the time and I feel I somehow deserve it. So here are few- being successful, having nice environment and people around me, having things going on around me, positive change, good future prospective, being useful, making good influence in smth or smb, having people appreciate what I do, feeling of progress, smart people around me, good ideas that I succeed at bringing into life, learning new things that may be useful later, getting things done, exploring new ideas and concepts and so on.

4.There are 2 main things that I hate in myself-

1. I'm somewhat socially snobbish, if I don't like the person at the first sight, I may be ignorant and seem pretty mean and arrogant, because I mostly tell what I think. A lot of people have told me that at the first sight they saw me as ambitious, sophisticated, self-confident and snobbish. Here's one of the reasons why: even though I got nearly excellent communication skills, I will never be the one who will come over and start the conversation, if I don't need anything from the person. I just avoid unnecessary interactions as much as possible, even though I need people and people often need me. And then later when they get to know me, they actually see that I'm not exactly what they thought I was. That's the reason why I may have many useful acquaintances, but not so many good friends.

2. I'm LAZY. Extremely lazy, I tend to do only things, that I feel is essential to run the whole system or keep things going in an appropriate way. This may cause me a lot of uncomfortable situations when everyone is prepared, but of course I'm improvising, and improvising even though may be really effective, is not exactly the safest way to guarantee success. :D

and the small third one:
I find it hard to tell people what they want to hear not what I really think, but I'm getting a little better at this by the time.