User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Enneagram 2s

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default Enneagram 2s

What do you think of type 2s? And if you're a type 2 yourself, could you please share some thoughts about your type?

Personally, I know two women who are type 2s. I'm attracted to their compassion and affection -- they can be very charming and I feel so attracted to them (in a platonic way) When I'm with them, I don't feel the need to be analytical or intellectual. I just want to impress them with my attention. The thing I notice about both of them is how they are easily pleased. Just give them a lot of attention -- smile at them, talk to them -- and see their faces bright up (while everyone likes attention, I notice that type 2 seems to crave it. For example, type 5s can be quite inaccessible and would scoff at your attention when they're lost in their thoughts)

One type 2 whom I know is a former high school classmate whom I've grown to adore after we left high school, and the other is an older woman whom I got to know through a non-profit group.

They love to be selfless. My ex-high school friend for example was forced to marry at 18. And while she was very upset about it, now 4 years later she's devoting 200% of herself to the marriage and even proudly announced to me, "If previously school and friends were a priority, now I'm focusing my all to my husband". She is studying to be a children educator, and stuck to her internship at a kindergarten because she loved the children, despite being very stressed by her colleagues. Aside from all that, she's just adopted a baby boy. Despite all this, she never feels good enough! To others though, she's she's a strongly capable person and is highly admired.

The older woman, on the other hand, works for an NGO as I've mentioned, and on top of that she tutors English to poor women living in run-down flats. But when her daughter has a school project, she makes sure she drops EVERYTHING (take work leave in advanced, call up contacts, etc) to help. She loves theater and was involved with it during her schooldays but told me sorrowfully that she has to sacrifice that for activism instead.

Sorry if this is long-winded. I guess I'm highly fond of them as they are so attractive. But sometimes I wish I could tell them that they're kind enough, y'know? And how they should be more selfish because that's only healthy. It astounds me how such great people can feel so inadequate sometimes and feel the need to be all self-sacrificing about one thing over another.

Their compulsive need to be kind is in essence the same as my need, as a type 5, to be smart.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    What do you think of type 2s? And if you're a type 2 yourself, could you please share some thoughts about your type?

Personally, I know two women who are type 2s. I'm attracted to their compassion and affection -- they can be very charming and I feel so attracted to them (in a platonic way) When I'm with them, I don't feel the need to be analytical or intellectual. I just want to impress them with my attention. The thing I notice about both of them is how they are easily pleased. Just give them a lot of attention -- smile at them, talk to them -- and see their faces bright up (while everyone likes attention, I notice that type 2 seems to crave it. For example, type 5s can be quite inaccessible and would scoff at your attention when they're lost in their thoughts)

One type 2 whom I know is a former high school classmate whom I've grown to adore after we left high school, and the other is an older woman whom I got to know through a non-profit group.

They love to be selfless. My ex-high school friend for example was forced to marry at 18. And while she was very upset about it, now 4 years later she's devoting 200% of herself to the marriage and even proudly announced to me, "If previously school and friends were a priority, now I'm focusing my all to my husband". She is studying to be a children educator, and stuck to her internship at a kindergarten because she loved the children, despite being very stressed by her colleagues. Aside from all that, she's just adopted a baby boy. Despite all this, she never feels good enough! To others though, she's she's a strongly capable person and is highly admired.

The older woman, on the other hand, works for an NGO as I've mentioned, and on top of that she tutors English to poor women living in run-down flats. But when her daughter has a school project, she makes sure she drops EVERYTHING (take work leave in advanced, call up contacts, etc) to help. She loves theater and was involved with it during her schooldays but told me sorrowfully that she has to sacrifice that for activism instead.

Sorry if this is long-winded. I guess I'm highly fond of them as they are so attractive. But sometimes I wish I could tell them that they're kind enough, y'know? And how they should be more selfish because that's only healthy. It astounds me how such great people can feel so inadequate sometimes and feel the need to be all self-sacrificing about one thing over another.

Their compulsive need to be kind is in essence the same as my need, as a type 5, to be smart.
    I'm either a 2w1 or a 1w2 so I identify with 2s a lot and love them immensely (recent events in my life, namely a friend, herself a 2w3, being raped recently, make it hard to be objective right now about whether 1 or 2 is dominant for obvious reasons). When they are "all there" mentally they are extremely empathic, generous, affectionate, and kind, but (as I know through recent personal experience) when they are not they can become manipulative and attention-seeking.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    ESFJ

I enjoy being helpful and caring towards other people .. I like that i have the strength to push people to see their potential (although it can become incredibly draining) and sometimes it can fall on deaf ears, lol.
    This whole "give to receive"??? .. I don't think i deserve to receive and that is not due to lack of confidence .. It is like i am paying for my sins or something, hard to explain .. For me to see someone else happy, makes me happy, then i know i have done a good job yet it pisses me off sometimes .. I suppose that is where i need to find some balance .. Helping others but also helping myself.

Personally, I know two women who are type 2s. When I'm with them, I don't feel the need to be analytical or intellectual. I just want to impress them with my attention. The thing I notice about both of them is how they are easily pleased. Just give them a lot of attention -- smile at them, talk to them -- and see their faces bright up (while everyone likes attention, I notice that type 2 seems to crave it. For example, type 5s can be quite inaccessible and would scoff at your attention when they're lost in their thoughts)

This does make me smile, lol. Sometimes i wonder if people even notice me (yes, i am loud and a performer in public), i am just the carer/supporter. I think because i usually put all my emphasis on someone else, it is pleasant when i speak to someone who is intelligent and they bring up questions which i know nothing about and still, we have a conversation about it .. I feel like i am getting something back from the person instead of just being a 'mommy' figure. There is more to me that just a supporter and i wish people would see that.

They love to be selfless. Despite all this, she never feels good enough! To others though, she's she's a strongly capable person and is highly admired.

I am learning to become more selfish, lol. Maybe then i will feel better and good enough in others eyes even though to an extent i don't really care.
    Hmmm

What contradictory bullshit
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I'm a 2, borderline 4, due to my E/I split no doubt.

I sometimes hate the fact that I can't seem to stop wanting to rescue people/things. I'm a cranky thing, and yet I like people. Figure that one out.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

2s just wanna be loved.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

My 2 friend is a sweetheart, but she bruises so easily. Criticism or teasing comes off as an actual affront and she feels neglected if you don't show up to see her when you say you will. Of course, she's the friend who makes sure I don't forget all my assignments, who stands up for me if I'm the one being teased, and loves to say only positive things about the people around her. 2s give a lot, but because of it they can expect other people to as well.

Makes you feel like a selfish little 4, I can tell you. ^^; Why can't we all be sweet caring 2s?
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    My 2 friend is a sweetheart, but she bruises so easily. Criticism or teasing comes off as an actual affront and she feels neglected if you don't show up to see her when you say you will. Of course, she's the friend who makes sure I don't forget all my assignments, who stands up for me if I'm the one being teased, and loves to say only positive things about the people around her. 2s give a lot, but because of it they can expect other people to as well.
    I've learned to curtail my caretaking with help. My ENFP twin is also a 2, so we've had to learn strategies. It usually helps to see my twin dissolve into upset over something/someone so my 4 triggers, and vice versa, because NO ONE makes my sister cry! lol *smacks fist into hand*

Makes you feel like a selfish little 4, I can tell you. ^^; Why can't we all be sweet caring 2s?
    Or bubbles!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I've learned to curtail my caretaking with help. My ENFP twin is also a 2, so we've had to learn strategies. It usually helps to see my twin dissolve into upset over something/someone so my 4 triggers, and vice versa, because NO ONE makes my sister cry! lol *smacks fist into hand*
    Yay integration into 4! Believe me, someone makes any of my sisters cry, and I explode too. Except I integrate towards 1, so I use my 1 skillz.

Or bubbles!
    :blushing: Iwuvyoutoo.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I lurv 2s

EDIT: any 2w3's here?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post

Type twos need to give love and also need to receive it. I should know, I spend most of my time searching for love and acceptance, to the point where I am far too eager to please. This can lead to a type 2 being taken advantage of. It only takes somebody to say the right things, evoke the right emotions and you've got us. We'll be loyal to you and constantly giving, never feeling like we are giving enough. I have notied a lot of type 2 end up in unhappy marriages. There are far too many people wanting to take advantage, mainly because it's very easy to do so.
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."