User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Enneagram 2s

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

I like it most of the time. I hate not being able to do things for myself without feeling guilty, though. And I hate how sometimes I am so overly concerned with not hurting others that I'm not honest enough about things that hurt me, and then I start getting resentful and a relationship suffers for it. I'm having to learn to be honest about what I want/need from others.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

2w1 here. Holla!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

What do you think of type 2s? And if you're a type 2 yourself, could you please share some thoughts about your type?

I think it fits me perfectly. All I liek to do si give and please, though it never seems like it's enough. I mean, there is always something else I could do right? I liek giving and it makes me feel good. I guess that's an ulterior motive, but it's just who I am. I love seeing people smile, especially when I make homemade sweets and hand the out. The pure joy in someone's face from something I've made just makes me so happy. It's not really a like ro dislike thing, but i think coupled with my MBTI, it makes a whole lot of sense.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I'm a 2w3; and I think we 2s just want love . It's that simple..

And the point of being manipulative and attention seeking? I'll agree with attention seeking but MANIPULATIVE? How?

Enneagram

The 2's I know best are unhealthy so to answer your question: I feel scared.

2 is rare enneagram type. I read instructions to type yourself as 2 only if you dismissed all other enneatypes!! Because culture raises girls to behave in 2 fashion - giving, taking care of others - so many women identify with 2's traits, but aren't 2.
    also 2 is practically the same as codependence, love addiction, relationship addictions - which many non-2s have, the difference is codependence etc. is disorder that is treatable, and 2 isnt - if you are 2 you'll always be 2, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    And the point of being manipulative and attention seeking? I'll agree with attention seeking but MANIPULATIVE? How?
    2's politic is "give to get", so they give to others in order to get back. that's manipulative... they are not giving it freely... and they want other people to depend on them

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    2's politic is "give to get", so they give to others in order to get back. that's manipulative... they are not giving it freely... and they want other people to depend on them
    Really? I understand the 'give to get'; but that's what's life all about.

I truly don't think about 'getting' anything when I give something, so maybe that's just me.

Yes I want other people to depend on me. I want to love them back. I want to care for them; I don't even know why. I want love from other people

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Really? I understand the 'give to get'; but that's what's life all about.

I truly don't think about 'getting' anything when I give something, so maybe that's just me.

Yes I want other people to depend on me. I want to love them back. I want to care for them; I don't even know why. I want love from other people

Well it depends on the level of your health, of course. How much enneagram is in charge of your personality. I prefer theory that says enneagram is mainly defense mechanism which is in charge when you're unhealthy... and when you're healthy you're more your true self; ESFP.

but yeah, basically that's what enneagram 2 is about: manipulating others to be dependent on you, because you have feeling for your identity through others in your life.
    Maitri said Monica Lewinsky is one good example of 2 gone bad. attention whoring indirectly..

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Clingy clingy clingy, oy.

MBTI
    ISFJ

2s are almost as boring as 1s.