• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] 7 is the luckiest number..

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Stuff about type 7 variants (Seven Stacks - the enneagram ...info from the underground):

The Instinctual Stackings of Enneatype Seven

The instinctual energies often appear to manifest differently in enneatype Seven, but the underlying structure really is the same as with any other type. The Seven fixation results in a running away from the internal, away from boredom or pain. Sevens go towards the external world for relief. While the self-pres energy is an inward turning energy, when coupled with the Seven’s outward orientation, the self-pres subtype of Seven can appear outgoing, and more fun loving than other self-pres subtypes.

Social seven tends to exhibit a nervous energy compared to the other subtypes of Seven while a dominant sexual instinct often accentuates the outward energy of the Seven in terms of a seeking after intensity.

Self-pres/Social

Self-pres/soc Seven has many friends and loves to entertain. Sevens want to experience life with their friends. The self-pres in type Seven manifests in a desire for sensual pleasures. Their energy goes to the comforts of the body and positive experiences, both experiences of the body and the mind. Like all Sevens, they have an enthusiastic quality, especially as it pertains to the future. Making plans for life is essential for the self-pres/social Seven. This future orientation of the self/social Seven can be an escape from boredom, so many of the plans they make for the future don’t come to fruition. This doesn’t stop them however from forging ahead and moving onto the next grand scheme. The self-pres/social Seven’s plans usually focus around typical self-pres concerns such as making money, exploring job opportunities, or renovating the house. With social second in the stacking much of their energy will spill over into maintaining social connections.

When unhealthier, their many friendships serve mostly as tools which help keep the Seven distracted from facing themselves and their problems. The more friends, the more opportunities the Seven has to be distracted. These Sevens can have a hard time making or keeping commitments, as commitments can feel like a limitation on their options. With the sexual instinct least developed, they can feel unmotivated to put in the work it takes to maintain a close relationship.

When this subtype gets healthier they learn to ground themselves, slow down and actually appreciate the many things they have acquired, whether they be material things or experiences. They start to realize that the next great plan may not give them the happiness they are expecting.

Self-pres/Sexual

This subtype is similar to the self-pres/social, but their plans and pursuits are more passionate in nature. There is often more of an artistic flair. They can be moodier then the other subtype. Their focus is more on relationships, although commitment can also be a problem for this subtype. This subtype can even be known to use introspection as an escape. They can go inward with a seeming depth, but they will usually avoid the most troublesome areas, the areas and characteristics most painful to them.

This subtype of Seven is overall more focused than the self-pres/social. Their focus is on their intimates although certainly not solely on them as they usually have many other fires burning also. They generally have a great sense of humor, sharp quick minds and many interests. These qualities might be common to all subtypes of the Seven, but in the self-pres/sexual subtype, the infusion of enthusiasm comes through when they are engaged in their plans and fulfilling them.

Social/Self-pres

Enneatype Seven is a mentally fixated type, with image focus generally underdeveloped. For the social Seven, the concern with issues of image and relation to the group is somewhat at odds with dominant type Seven fixation. This can result in some apparently conflicting behaviors in the social/self-pres Seven. There is an underlying sense of insecurity and anxiety that isn’t as apparent in the other subtypes of Seven which is especially noticeable with the Six wing. (These can even become quite needy when unbalanced.) With sexual instinct least developed, they can lose trust in the bonds they have. While they may be very good and comfortable in a large group and when dealing with surface social relationships, they sometimes can struggle with forming and maintaining connections in a closer relationship.

The self-pres backup for the social instinct adds a grounding force that is missing with the social/sexual. While still possessing a good sense of humor, this subtype also usually has more focus and follow-through when it comes to their many projects. On the high side, they are community minded, have a lot of energy and usually socially accomplished.

Social/Sexual

This Seven has a lot of energy although not always a productive energy, as it often contains a frenetic quality. These Sevens usually have a great sense of humor and many comedians are soc/sexual sevens. The social and sexual instincts go hand in hand with the type Seven fixation. These Sevens want to keep things light. They have fast sharp minds that incorporate social awareness into their humor which they use to get by in their interactions with the world. On the down side, commitment is a big issue for this subtype. They cultivate many friendships and can thrive on winning people over, making them laugh and entertaining them but intimacy can feel threatening and constraining. For others, interacting with this subtype of Seven can feel draining, because they are “on” so much of the time.

With the self-pres instinct least developed in the stacking, they tend to lose focus on their many plans. On the down side, their health and commitments can fall by the wayside in lieu of the buzz of the newest excitement.

In intimate relationships, this subtype is “the charmer,” but they maintain their freedom from any strong ties to the one person. They may end up in marriages or long term commitments where they hook up with someone reliable and stable, someone with a much more low key personality. This gives them the stability they don’t have themselves. This eventually leads to trouble if the soc/sexual seven doesn’t realize that responsibility for his or her own life can’t be transferred to another. It’s not that the soc/sexual goes into the relationship with this kind of pattern in mind. It is just easy for the dynamic to default to that dynamic.

Sexual/Self-pres

The energy of the sexual instinct is, in some ways, at odds with the type Seven fixation. The Seven’s focus is future oriented and outward, away from the inner world, while the sexual variant is instinctual and dwells on the inner self as far as relationships and identity are concerned. This combination can make for a Seven that can be Four-like in many ways. They can have a flamboyant style and be very moody and intense. In relationships, there is often a push-pull quality. They are very attracted to the falling in love part. The buzz and high of that is very stimulating to them, almost drug-like for them. Their problems come when that buzz wears off. They want to recreate it again and again, but they also have a way of becoming attached and sometimes very dependent on their romantic partners. On the down side, they can be very clingy but don’t want at the same time to lose their freedom. When unhealthy, they can be very selfish in these relationships, things become one-sided in a way that favors the interests of the Seven.

The sexual/self-pres Seven’s addictive behavior with relationships can extend to other areas, like music, and performing in general. The rock star image and lifestyle can be attractive to the sexual Seven. Many rock stars are sexual Sevens the buzz they experience from music can be similar to what they experience in relationships. Creativity can also function as a release of frustration from the boredom.

Sexual/Social

This subtype has a lot of energy, crazy, intense energy and this energy is going to find a way to manifest. This subtype of Seven can have the biggest extremes in behavior and with material success in life. With the self-pres instinct last in the stacking they aren’t afraid of taking risks, so they sometimes become very successful, as in the case of rock stars, but they typically also take too many risks, look for too many easy ways out. With the self-pres least developed, they can become dependent on others to add a much needed stabilizing element to their busy hedonistic lives. They have many of the same issues and share many of the same problems as the other sexual first subtype with regards to relationship addiction and have even more dependency issues then the sexual/self-pres. They can lose focus and drift similar to the social/sexual subtype and their high energy can likewise be draining for others.

With this subtype, you have drama mixed with mental energy. What separates them from Fours who they might resemble superficially is their planning and future orientation. Their drama and intensity is focused on what they are going to do, not on what has happened. They are usually blind to their past, moving forward and not looking back.

The sx/sp 7 description is frighteningly accurate about me. :eek: I think my T-ness eliminates clinginess though. I've never in my life heard of anyone describing me as clingy. I get fiercely devoted though. If I'm very into someone, I feel driven to merge with them, in a way. Just like they're my favorite place to be. I have an image in my mind of how it feels, but I can't describe it. "Push-pull" is right. :drool:

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
That's what I've been told! But here I am. :bananallama:

I think I'm a bit of a creative thrill seeker, and I really enjoy the psychology behind original creative expression in the concrete world. Show me something original and pure and unique, and I'm a happy, happy girl. :wubbie: Actually, I think that expressing myself creatively in the material world works out well with my personality...I desire to be known, and I have a lot of rich emotion to offer under the surface, but am more comfortable expressing it through cooking up interesting dishes, recycling things into something beautiful and useful, musical expression, etc. It's a way of interacting with the world and contributing (aside from lots of listening to other people), without having to constantly show my cards to others.

Flamboyance. Yes. I suppose that applies.

And that's all I have to say about that.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
That's what I've been told! But here I am. :bananallama:

I think I'm a bit of a creative thrill seeker, and I really enjoy the psychology behind original creative expression in the concrete world. Show me something original and pure and unique, and I'm a happy, happy girl. :wubbie: Actually, I think that expressing myself creatively in the material world works out well with my personality...I desire to be known, and I have a lot of rich emotion to offer under the surface, but am more comfortable expressing it through cooking up interesting dishes, recycling things into something beautiful and useful, musical expression, etc. It's a way of interacting with the world and contributing (aside from lots of listening to other people), without having to constantly show my cards to others.

And that's all I have to say about that.

You seem delightful. :wubbie:

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
:blush: Stoppit. :heart:

Surely there are other infj/7s out there, right? :redface: It would seem to me like there would be. :popc1:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:blush: Stoppit. :heart:

Surely there are other infj/7s out there, right? :redface: It would seem to me like there would be. :popc1:

You're probably a 4w3... What would you say is 7 about you?

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I generally test as 7w2 or 2w7. Apparently, I'm insane. :shock:

Maybe I'll explore it in a new thread, rather than completely derail this one...I'll answer your question there, BlackCat!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I generally test as 7w2 or 2w7. Apparently, I'm insane. :shock:

Maybe I'll explore it in a new thread, rather than completely derail this one...I'll answer your question there, BlackCat!

Yeahhhh 7w2 can't exist. You should look more into the enneagram... since I'm guessing you haven't if you think 7w2 exists. :tongue:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know if you got the memo, but you and everyone you ever love is going to die, one day, and most people die slowly and painfully.

Put that in your optimistic pipes and smoke it.

Have a great day, with love...

-CC

:)

Oh no! :cry: Oh.....shiny new thing..... :happy: again
We're in a bit of denial but not completely deluded, you know. :newwink:

I think I have a lot more of a common understanding with people who share my enneagram type (or even just my variants) than I do with people who share only my MBTI type. :unsure:

Yep. Me too - especially with people sharing the same wing. I'm a 7w6 and find other 7w6s (ENTPs, ESFPs, ESTPs) to be more similar than ENFP 4s and other enneagram types. I find the 7w8s have a very different quality to them - quite a bit more assertive towards the people around them in ways that I'm not. Also, a lot more decisive.

Let's just start! 7s are good at starting stuff!

Ummm....I think this commune place you all speak of already exists. Wouldn't it be the happiest place in the world, filled with stimuli? I think they call it the Epcott Center at the you-know-what-place :D

Stuff about type 7 variants Stacks
The sx/sp 7 description is frighteningly accurate about me. :eek: I think my T-ness eliminates clinginess though. I've never in my life heard of anyone describing me as clingy. I get fiercely devoted though. If I'm very into someone, I feel driven to merge with them, in a way. Just like they're my favorite place to be. I have an image in my mind of how it feels, but I can't describe it. "Push-pull" is right. :drool:

Thanks - this helps a bit. I think I'm sexual/self-preservation too although could be sp/sx as well. The focused part is a bit lacking to be a sp/sx although the rest rings true as well as the using introspection as an escape in itself. The sx/sp is VERY close to home especially with the buzz of new romantic relationships and wanting to recreate it. :doh:

Interestingly, I find that I do this in other areas too - with knowledge or skill areas, get that buzz and then just throw myself in there for weeks/months at a time seeking that intensity... I'm pretty devoted to my interests as I am with my relationships. Yet, finishing projects will always be the bane of my existence even though it's so much better with age and maturity. So many pretty things, so little time...

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Yeahhhh 7w2 can't exist. You should look more into the enneagram... since I'm guessing you haven't if you think 7w2 exists.

Well, my assumption was they it doesn't actually exist, hence my calling myself insane, smarty pants. :tongue: But, you're right. I'm not well-versed, though I'm finding some of the links in your siggy helpful. :blush:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I hate to say this, but I'm uber-disappointed with the lack of shiny things in this thread. What else is the Isle of Seven for? Self-reflection??

Shiny:
iyfmfm.jpg

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yay 7s!!!

Why does it seem like all 7s are enfps?! What the hell!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:sadbanana:

All this happiness, gooey-ness, and optimism is making me sick!!!

You people disgust me, noigman, come back to the melancholia, come back to 4-ida, posthaste!!!

:D

Damn, yeah, I'm in the same way. I'm retreating in 6 and fear, paranoïa, analysis, self doubt, anti-authoritarism and counterphobic behaviors, rhaaaa so good.:drool:

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6