• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] 7 is the luckiest number..

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm no longer a four, so this is the sevens thread. Discuss being a seven, or just be a seven :).

Sevens have an optimistic outlook on life. They like to appreciate things for what they are. They have a drive toward finding happiness and fulfillment in situations, and also a wild drive to explore and be creative.

And here's our proposed theme song :).

YouTube - Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

(p.s. this thread was Erin's idea, so I should give credit)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
My personal theme song is Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd - I´m a 7w8 sx

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I score 4/7 equally the same.. I think I'm both, despite what the Enneagram theory says. Maybe a little more 7 tho?

Congrats of finding the lucky number! :)

Oh, and I like to listen to happy music too. Have you tried listening to Hawaiian music?? [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ddnQJ1g_g"]Keahiwai- Falling[/YOUTUBE] Ignore the heart shaped image. Really cute song.. I like the beat of it more than the lyrics. She deserves better.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I think it should be easy to figure out if you´re a 4 or a 7. 4s are the most "sad" and "depressive" type, 7s the least. Then, some enneagram websites and descriptions try to cloud this very simple truth by saying that when 7s introspect in their saddest moments, they are depressive too: no shit, sherlock, who wouldn´t be depressed in that situation?

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Don't people in general, have their occasional ups/downs though? Some people have more downs than ups? Depending on circumstances?

And, who's to say that just because a person's artistic or creative, doesn't mean that they aren't as happy, right? Why else do they 'idealize' the world through the way they see things?

Artists in a way, distort reality, either optimistically or pessimistically.. it's just another outlook, self-expression.. Just like with other types that also distort reality, but through other avenues, correct? Some do so politically, socially, monetarily..

I found it funny how when my professor who openly admitted herself, that she isn't a creative person, artistically, but people who are creative tend to have the least amount of psychological issues, because they have their own ways of dealing with things. Most sociopaths (ex- serial killers) don't. I wasn't surprised when she mentioned this. I thought it was awesome she did.

I think we all have a way of expressing ourselves. We all have our moments.. for those who pretend not to, I think they have the biggest problems, because they can't admit it? They're almost retentively anal about it? It's healthy to purge ourselves sometimes, right? Balance..

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think it should be easy to figure out if you´re a 4 or a 7. 4s are the most "sad" and "depressive" type, 7s the least. Then, some enneagram websites and descriptions try to cloud this very simple truth by saying that when 7s introspect in their saddest moments, they are depressive too: no shit, sherlock, who wouldn´t be depressed in that situation?

Yeh, that was why I mistook myself for a four. Because I like to explore things, and really understand stuff. But when I go into the darker realms of thought and emotions my eyes are still on the stars. I think the fours romanticise the darkness without the optimism.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Don't people in general, have their occasional ups/downs though? Some people have more downs than ups? Depending on circumstances?

And, who's to say that just because a person's artistic or creative, doesn't mean that they aren't as happy, right? Why else do they 'idealize' the world through the way they see things?

Artists in a way, distort reality, either optimistically or pessimistically.. it's just another outlook, self-expression.. Just like with other types that also distort reality, but through other avenues, correct? Some do so politically, socially, monetarily..

I found it funny how when my professor who openly admitted herself, that she isn't a creative person, artistically, but people who are creative tend to have the least amount of psychological issues, because they have their own ways of dealing with things. Most sociopaths (ex- serial killers) don't. I wasn't surprised when she mentioned this. I thought it was awesome she did.

I think we all have a way of expressing ourselves. We all have our moments.. for those who pretend not to, I think they have the biggest problems, because they can't admit it? They're almost retentively anal about it? It's healthy to purge ourselves sometimes, right? Balance..

Agree. I'd noticed the thing about sociopaths being uncreative too.

By the way, I liked the song! :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
:sadbanana:

All this happiness, gooey-ness, and optimism is making me sick!!!

You people disgust me, noigman, come back to the melancholia, come back to 4-ida, posthaste!!!

:D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being an Adventurer is kick ass!
I don't know which I'm happier about, being ESTP or being Ring 7.
Both are an awful lot of fun.

When I took the MMPI a few years ago the guy who interpreted it said "Well, from the looks of this it is likely that you will never have a major depressive episode in your life."

He was right. An awful lot of shit has happened since then and I am still rolling right along. :D

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
:sadbanana:

All this happiness, gooey-ness, and optimism is making me sick!!!

You people disgust me, noigman, come back to the melancholia, come back to 4-ida, posthaste!!!

You heard the Cap'n cease and desist. Or she'll fire a warning shot across yer bow.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Hell yeah, being a 7 is awesome! :rock:

Here's my personal theme song/video right now (be warned...it's loud, cheesy metal. :blush:) - YouTube - Rev Theory - Hell Yeah
lol. agreed. I'd love to smash a guitar into the concrete whenever I hear heavy metal. My old friend sang for a death metal band; I was glad he got into his cathartic moments.

When I feel more 4, I like to listen to this song:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUjHoiwauYg&feature=related"]One Mic- Nas[/YOUTUBE]Contemplative, super-talented hombre.

redacted

7s are awesome.

My parents are both least like 7s of all 9 types...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey!! we have a 7 thread!! whoohoo!! what are we supposed to do with it?

and what evan? they're the opposite of 7's?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah, Evan, I'm confused, are your parents' both 4's and/or 5's???

Let the adventures continue!!! :yay:

redacted

Yeah, Evan, I'm confused, are your parents' both 4's and/or 5's???

Let the adventures continue!!! :yay:

What I mean is, if you break the types down into two variables with three values, 7 is pursuing/controlling, which are both of my parents lowest values in both variables. They're 5 and 6.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ehh..well, some of those online tests said I was 7, so rock on I guess.

:party2:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ehh..well, some of those online tests said I was 7, so rock on I guess.

:party2:

There's nothing wrong with being an optimistic free spirit. Some people are REALLY bothered by a "7's" mind set, I don't know why. Other Ennegram types don't bother me!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if you got the memo, but you and everyone you ever love is going to die, one day, and most people die slowly and painfully.

Put that in your optimistic pipes and smoke it.

Have a great day, with love...

-CC

:)