• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] 7 is the luckiest number..

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
After watching such films as Requiem for a Dream, and, or Abre los Ojos, are y'all like...

"FUCK YEAH, LIFE IS AAAAAWESOME!!!!"

How do you deal with the tragic aspects inherent to life. How do you justify genocide with a smile.

I'm seriously wondering, because I could afford to be more optimistic. :)

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
After watching such films as Requiem for a Dream, and, or Abre los Ojos, are y'all like...

"FUCK YEAH, LIFE IS AAAAAWESOME!!!!"

:rofl1:

No, I feel sad. I cry over sad movies all the time. But feeling sad about human tragedies makes me appreciative of the good things and work harder to make more good things happen.

How do you justify genocide with a smile.

I don't. it's horrible. But my being sad isn't going to stop genocide. Taking action saves lives, but feeling bad about it does nothing. My life is lucky accident. I'm not going to spend it in unnecessary misery.

I'm seriously wondering, because I could afford to be more optimistic. :)

Then dance with us, baby! :party2:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Good response.

And, I sure do love to dance!!!

*looks left*

*looks right*

*lets go*

:party2:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think they tend to be 8s and 3s, but I'm not sure.

From here (based on 1,417 scores):

Below are the strongest correlations to Enneagram type by MBTI type in descending order. The numbers in parentheses indicate respective correlational strength--the strength of a particular correlation relative to the statistical average. E.g. INTP's, with a correlational strength of 3.99, are about 4 times as likely to be Fives as the statistical average would indicate.

INTP: 5, 4 (3.99, 1.47)
INFP: 4, 9 (2.36, 1.70)
INTJ: 1, 5 (3.58, 2.19)
INFJ: 4, 9 (1.92, 1.62)
ISTP: 6, 5 (2.94, 2.92) - results suspect (only 20 scores where the average was 95)
ISFP: 6, 9 (2.45, 2.13)
ISTJ: 6, 1 (4.39, 3.57)
ISFJ: 6, 9 (4.56, 1.86)
ENTP: 7, 3 (3.63, 2.44)
ENFP: 7, 2 (3.13, 2.18)
ENTJ: 8, 3 (5.39, 3.66)
ENFJ: 3, 2 (3.05, 2.88)
ESTP: negligible (only 7 results; indicative of an SP trend of abstinence)
ESFP: 2, 7 (2.94, 1.47)
ESTJ: 8, 3 (7.34, 4.27)
ESFJ: 2, 6 (2.57, 2.16)

And results by Enneagram type (tentative stronger correlations in brackets):

1: ISTJ, INTJ (ITJ)
2: ESFJ, ENFJ (EF)
3: ESTJ, ENTJ (ETJ)
4: INFP, INFJ (INF)
5: INTP, INTJ (INT)
6: ISFJ, ISTJ (ISJ)
7: ENFP, ENTP (ENP)
8: ESTJ, ENTJ (ETJ)
9: ISFP, ISFJ (ISF)

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
From here (based on 1,417 scores):

Whoa, 80% of the people used for that study were N's, too bad SPs avoid the internet like the plague. Still, the correlations are very similar to the ones from this site so there does seem to be trends between certain enneagram types and MBTI.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whoa, 80% of the people used for that study were N's, too bad SPs avoid the internet like the plague. Still, the correlations are very similar to the ones from this site so there does seem to be trends between certain enneagram types and MBTI.

Of course it can't account for mistyping, potentially someone's enneagram or MBTI type could influence a mistyping of the other, especially if the people included in the testing scores were people with knowledge and existing biases of either systems. But there are patterns.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I'm 7w8...but 5 is tied with 8. Why can't you have a 7w5? I can relate to all three pretty well.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
:rofl1:

No, I feel sad. I cry over sad movies all the time. But feeling sad about human tragedies makes me appreciative of the good things and work harder to make more good things happen.

I endorse this message.

SS - your question is one that points to the achilles' heel for 7s - sitting with unpleasant thoughts and introspection. It can be such a dark place for a 7 that's why younger and less healthy 7s will avoid it more. I think as 7s mature or move towards more healthy levels, we get better at dealing with darker thoughts and feelings with real introspection and not just temporary attention before distractions take over.

At the other end, as BBNB points out, is our primary gift -- immense appreciation and gratitude for the small wonders of life. There's always much to be thankful for.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
At the other end, as BBNB points out, is our primary gift -- immense appreciation and gratitude for the small wonders of life. There's always much to be thankful for.

Eating warm gingerbread.

Solving a difficult problem.

Hugging a loved one.

Coming up with an awesome idea.

Seeing or hearing or doing something I've never seen or heard or done before.

Feeling so happy (with the knowledge that boredom is chasing me down from a mile away ... catch me if you can!)

Mmmmmm... :wubbie:

Or seeing something in a new way!