• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] 4 is the loneliest number..

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
`
Hello, my name is CaptainChick and I am an enneagram 4.

:bye:

If you give me something good, I will fuck it up.

If you give me something fucked up, I will fix it.

I only feel centered when in the eye of the storm.

There is a home in my heart amongst the chaos.

I am alone, always alone, I am alone in this cyclical cyclone.

If you are a four, please share your eccentricities, please make me feel less like a freak, and more like a four.

For once I want to be on the inside.

I want to connect.

I want to be seen seeing things.

Hello fellow fours, how are you this evening?

:)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think my ENFP daughter is also a four, CC. She has found her way and you are also in process!

:hug:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
How do you know if you're a four?
If you feel like a pathological freak, but also embrace and foster your freakiness, you are probably a four.

If you view life through your heart, you are probably a four.

My heart needs to bleed in order for me to feel alive.

I am attracted to suffering and sadness.

Give me depth or give me death, basically.

I know I am a four because I read a book, and out of the nine options, four resonates with me the absolute most, like to a nauseating degree.

Sometimes I think I would be happier if I weren't a four.

You're a 2, dammit.
Eh, no.

Though I relate to 2s and 2-ness. :)

I think my ENFP daughter is also a four, CC. She has found her way and you are also in process!

:hug:
Thanks Anja.

It isn't that I hate my 4-ness, it just gets old sometimes.

Like feelings of what should have been strictly adolescent alienation have yet to cease.

Whatevs, I'm cool, yo. :cool:

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hey 4 is my number.....you can't have it.

What the heck is a 4? This is all new to me....

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
It isn't that I hate my 4-ness, it just gets old sometimes.

Agreed. I constantly brood over the fact that I am so brooding.
Anyway, just of of curiousity -- CaptainChick, do you know your "dominate intelligence" based on the multiple intelligences theory?
For example, you could be an intrapersonal, interpersonal, visual/spatial, lingustic, etc.

Gauche

I'm funckin' four as well. Whaz your subtype? Me self-preservation.
But I tell you, I wouldn't change 4 for something other

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Threads like these add color to the forum. :) Which is desirable in light of the fact that this forum is heavily influenced by an NT mindset which robs the environment of passion which has the potential to be debilitating. On that note, scholars of the hard sciences, philosophers and mathematicians often took an interest in the studies of the fine arts. (Especially philosophically inclined literature and foreign languages). Einstein for example, had great interest in Dostoevsky's work. Bertrand Russell was able to read literature of the like in five different languages. This, without a doubt, was done to the end of bringing color to the analytical and dispassionate inner lives of such individuals. This was without a doubt a success.

The problem with a 4 approach to ideas is that it lacks logical structure, yet if one manages to engage in such endeavors without succumbing to the whims of passion, one certainly has achieved something notable. For this reason, this thread is a worthwhile result as exactly that was accomplished.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
If you feel like a pathological freak, but also embrace and foster your freakiness, you are probably a four.

If you view life through your heart, you are probably a four.

My heart needs to bleed in order for me to feel alive.

I am attracted to suffering and sadness.

Give me depth or give me death, basically.

I know I am a four because I read a book, and out of the nine options, four resonates with me the absolute most, like to a nauseating degree.

Sometimes I think I would be happier if I weren't a four.

I see

Gracias senorita.~

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
`
Hello, my name is CaptainChick and I am an enneagram 4.

:bye:

If you give me something good, I will fuck it up.

If you give me something fucked up, I will fix it.

I only feel centered when in the eye of the storm.

There is a home in my heart amongst the chaos.

I am alone, always alone, I am alone in this cyclical cyclone.

If you are a four, please share your eccentricities, please make me feel less like a freak, and more like a four.

For once I want to be on the inside.

I want to connect.

I want to be seen seeing things.

Hello fellow fours, how are you this evening?

I'm a four. :hug:

I keep being too sleepy to write anything meaningful at this time of night. Hmm, there goes the whole interesting answer thing. Agree with what you said, though it's only become really clear to me recently. A lot of my creative side is exploring and trying to figure it out. I'd love for people to really understand me. To see what I think and do, from my perspective. Just for one day be an open book for all to read. I never quite let myself be there though. I disclose a lot, but the stuff that is closest to my heart is well protected. The battles are always fought on battlefields that don't involve it. In reality most battles are fought on the other person's battlefield, because then these things are safe.

Anyway I'm proud to be a four, and looking forward to hearing what is said in this thread. I noticed a few similarities in your posts too that won't there with other ENFPs, so aren't that surprised you are same enneagram as me.

I'll contribute too, once I've slept and feel like being more self-analytical. :)

Atomic Fiend

It's not all bad, it's quite lonely yes I'll admit, but you learn in that loneliness. You learn to teach yourself, you find whats important to you, or what we've come to call your own values. You live by your values because they are yours.

Of course this can cause you to be slower in warming up to people, or maybe I'm speaking for myself, but odds are you're worth taking the time to get to know. It's like those god awful vacuum sealed cases they keep Games in after you just buy them, yeah they're difficult to open with out scissors, or using your teeth, but you usually forget about them once you get to the game.

And yes your values will clash with some peoples ideas of what is right, and yes they are times where you'll have to adjust them, but they are yours, and they're probably the only thing that keeping you sane, and they're the best way to make sense of, or cope with the world we live in.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes - alone everywhere i go

~A few minutes of connection with someone else's mainframe - nothing more
i have one friend, no peers
~and yet the very same thing that tears me apart keeps me together
i sink into myself without effort
~i love everyone and don't mind entertaining or bringing someone out of they're shell,
if only to retire to my own
~The sick things make me feel fine
its Thursday most days; no doubt about it

Yes-alone everywhere i go, never lonely