• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] 4 is the loneliest number..

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I actually originally went for smooshy, and opted for smushy, was that a mistake?

Mr. Axident you're a four, ain't ya!

:yes:

I think many INFPs and INFJs are 4s.

It is a predominantly introverted enneagram.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Juan was the lonliest plumber I ever knew.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I actually originally went for smooshy, and opted for smushy, was that a mistake?

Mr. Axident you're a four, ain't ya!

:yes:

I think many INFPs and INFJs are 4s.

It is a predominantly introverted enneagram.

Hell if I know hun...I have started to take the tests, gotten bored, and said to hell with it, at least 5 times...

Every freakin' test out there asks a variation of the same question...Booooooooooring...

Engage me you weenies, entertain me.... NOW!

:D

S.S. :hug:

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hell if I know hun...I have started to take the tests, gotten bored, and said to hell with it, at least 5 times...

Alternately, you might be able to find your type by reading the type profiles. There's only 9 of them, so this is a more reasonable approach than it is with MBTI. I couldn't imagine choosing from between 16 types to find my true type via this method, but 9 is fairly manageable. The E-types aren't simply different combinations of function orders, so some of the types are very different from each other, especially when you get into motivations and vices/virtues. :)

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Enneathought for the day from the Enneagram Institute:

Your Type Four EnneaThoughtsm for November 1st—
Wisdom teaching about waking up: "If we stay present to our discomfort, we will also feel something else arising, something more real, capable, sensitive, and exquisitely aware of ourselves and our surroundings." (The Wisdom of the Enneagram, 37)

I think that this statement is saying that we should fully experience our discomfort rather than trying to bury or ignore the emotion, because when we do so we also ignore other important stimuli both internal and external. Is this correct, and if so, how do we achieve a balance between staying present to discomfort and wallowing in angst as 4s are prone to do?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Enneathought for the day from the Enneagram Institute:

I think that this statement is saying that we should fully experience our discomfort rather than trying to bury or ignore the emotion, because when we do so we also ignore other important stimuli both internal and external. Is this correct, and if so, how do we achieve a balance between staying present to discomfort and wallowing in angst as 4s are prone to do?
Dear speculative,

This thought for the day resonates with me, an example;

Yesterday I was turning onto a highway, and realized that traffic was abnormally slow, fuck, I thought, I should have taken the scenic route instead. And what was the cause for the delay of traffic?

This is hard.

*seriously trying hard to fight back a deluge of tears*

Well, there was this opossum crossing the entrance to the highway, it was badly hurt, it was dragging its bloodied and badly broken right hind leg, attempting to go somewhere, I don't know where, and we waited in line for it to cross, we, who built the highway, we, in our big fast shiny cars, we, responsible for this opposum's pain and suffering...

It was going to die, it is probably dead.

Where did it die?

Was it scared?

Confused?

In pain?

The limping, critically injured opposum, pre-roadkill, I'm not used to seeing animals pre-roadkill.

What a horrible way to die?!?!

How confused and shocked these animals must be. With these cars whizzing by so fast, an animal should die on earth, not concrete.

This image of this opposum is so vivid, and it has been lingering ever since, I bury my feelings, because to feel them is to drown in that familiar place, that ever present pit of infinite sadness, the infinite sadness inherent to life.

Even writing this feels cheap.

You had to see this opposum.

I don't know.

Bleh.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm a 4w5
reading the descriptions for 4's can be so depressing

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i'm a 4w5
reading the descriptions for 4's can be so depressing

I find the Enneagram Institute's Enneathought for the day uplifting. They focus on what needs to be worked on a good deal of the time, but they do so in a positive way. :) Otherwise, working on 4 stuff can be a bit overwhelming sometimes when taken as a whole...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
4w5 (Fairly balanced wing, but still mainly 4)

Good to know I can describe myself as 'En4' rather than 'Kinda emo, but not actually a poseur or dumb enough to cut'

Though I think part of it is surviving these really dark Finnish winters.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find the Enneagram Institute's Enneathought for the day uplifting. They focus on what needs to be worked on a good deal of the time, but they do so in a positive way. :) Otherwise, working on 4 stuff can be a bit overwhelming sometimes when taken as a whole...

i had my mom take the test (she's a 2w3), and when i had her read the description for 4's she said "this is so you and it's so sad" and kept saying "awww" while reading it

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Enneathought for the day. Actually, this is a good one to ponder for the weekend, 4s:

Make this Release today: "I now release dwelling on the past to prolong my feelings." (Enneagram Transformations, 63)

When you use the past to prolong feelings, you can get pretty far out off the ledge, spinning your Wile E. Coyote legs in the air. Ditching the past in favor of the present, and your presence, can keep you on solid ground.

:)

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Today's Enneathought of the Day, brought to you by the Enneagram Institute:

Reflect on the ways you inadvertently hurt people. The more vulnerable you feel about yourself, the more likely you are to drop people without an explanation. Be aware of this tendency in yourself today.

Do you "drop" people? I sometimes do, and it is directly related to how I feel about myself... As we move to one, this problem should lessen...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Bought the latest Sonata Arctica album a couple days ago. I saw the cover art and it just oozed 4-ness, and after listening to it, it spawned the genre of 'En4 Prog Metal' in my head.

The album's name is 'The Days of Grays.'

Another good album is by Arjen Lucassen's new project Guilt Machine. The album is called 'On This Perfect Day.' I think it's very '4sy' too. You have to be into metal to enjoy either of them though, they get quite heavy despite the great, and clean, vocals. Thankfully, The Days of Grays has an orchestral CD too.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
That is a neat image; lots of gray & black that makes the green & red stand out in stark contrast.

Today's Enneathought:

How can you fully experience your Presence here and now? Be utterly sincere and without artifice or self-consciousness. (The Wisdom of the Enneagram, 47)

How would a 4 do this? So far, I have thought of:

-Do not do anything to enhance or sustain a mood, such as eating a comfort food, listening to music, watching a favorite show, wearing a special item of clothing, etc. Just be in the "here & now."

-Do not focus on/remember the past, and do not let it affect your mood. The past does not exist; only think of what exists now.

I'm not sure that being utterly sincere is a good idea unless you are at a healthy stage...

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can't recall if I've posted this before, but this is the best example on video I've seen of a regular, real-world E4. [YOUTUBE="va4sEBucffY"]Enneagram 4 Leadership Video Interview[/YOUTUBE]

I feel that it's hard to get a sense for what E4 is all about, because usually they talk with people who do not discuss "real world" issues such as work. That's why I appreciated this video. Also, this guy seems like he may be an example of a "dauntless" 4. You may recognize some of yourself in what he has to say...

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The first test that's short and unambiguous enough for me to bear doing (here) gave me these results:

1: 3
2: -4
3: -5
4: 11
5: 4
6: -8
7: 0
8: -3
9: 2

I'm puzzled why my 6 score is so low, as I relate to the 6 descriptions at least as much, but maybe 6s worry for different reasons and react differently. I'm still not completely convinced I'm not a 6, so let's just say I'm a 4 or something like one. :)

However, I don't feel broken or defective (although I have done). I am happy-to-neutral most of the time. Although I certainly have my problems and flaws, I think I have a reasonably healthy relationship with myself, others and society at large. Is that even possible for 4s, because if so the descriptions focus on the unhealthy versions way too much...

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Is that even possible for 4s, because if so the descriptions focus on the unhealthy versions way too much...

It's supposedly just as possible for 4s as for any other type. In a vacuum, all types have an equal chance of being healthy. However, because each culture is pre-disposed to value certain traits and characteristics, I would argue that in reality this cannot possibly be the case.

KiwiBurst

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
The guy I like is an ENFP 4. :)
He's artistic, friendly, and intelligent.
I am an ENFP 6 and I heard that ENFPs should not date other ENFPS. So... Idk.
But.. He's such a cool guy! He's an actor!!
He writes poetry in his daily planner and a lot of it is pretty shocking.
He says it's "comedic" but I don't think so. Comedic would be writing about dumb things.
His poetry is slightly morbid. :p