• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] 4 is the loneliest number..

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ :)

Pomegranate Fours, I like! :yes:

Perhaps, we, too, are Poem-granite Fours.

:D

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I wanted to share this work of art by Duane Michals with you guys.

6a00d09e4ac66dbe2b00e398b83b630001-pi

It reads:

This photograph is my proof. There was that afternoon when things were still good between us, and she embraced me. And we were so happy. It did happen. She did love me. Look, see for yourself!

Whoa--

That's heartbreaking and profound and beautiful.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
They'll never know

They'll never know

They'll never know

Need I accept that they'll never know?

I do not know

I do not know

I do not know

I do not know

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Hmm, hey guys..

I'm a 2. I don't like being a two.. I feel hypocritical..

My soul child belongs to 4. Can someone give me some tips on how to embrace your inner 4? :yes:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Embrace yourself, hate yourself, love yourself, isolate yourself, feel alienated, and disappointed.

Feel frustrated, unlovable, volatile, frenzied, quieted, and the majesty of solitude.

Create a world, hate the world.

Know yourself, even the icky parts of yourself, focus on those icky parts, they'll become sticky.

Laugh in disgust, cry in despair.

Feel lost, and different.

Anchored, ready to never feel quite prepared.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, and be ridiculously sentimental.

:yes:

I'm feeling quite sentimental, right now, in fact, le sigh...

*dreamy*

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, hey guys..

I'm a 2. I don't like being a two.. I feel hypocritical..

My soul child belongs to 4. Can someone give me some tips on how to embrace your inner 4? :yes:

Strip away everything you ever believed in or thought or felt until nothing is left, then try to determine if you were ever really there...

Beware, because when you stare into 4, 4 stares back into you...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Strip away everything you ever believed in or thought or felt until nothing is left, then try to determine if you were ever really there...

Beware, because when you stare into 4, 4 stares back into you...
ouch :cry:

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Except that, for a point 4 it's not, you see. Because point 4 realizes that everything attached to the personality is just a facade. That's why the virtue of point 4 is "Holy Origin." :)

One day when I was in college walking on the sidewalk, I said to myself, "I'll choose not to believe anything I used to believe, or anything at all, from this point on, and then anything that I find to be true from this point on will actually be truth and not just tradition, based on a self that is more true now than it was when I was younger and more impressionable..."

KDude

Do 4's have to look freakish? I'm not sure if i'm 4.. but what is your style like? I don't think my style is all Dennis Rodman like or anything. Maybe because I don't have the money to be. I dunno. :cool: I just think I'm genetically and psychologically different. I don't even necessarily take pride in it.. sometimes I embrace it, but sometimes, I wish things were easier.

edit: come to think of it, i ran into rodman once, and i thought he'd like me cuz i DID look pretty freakish at the time, but he totally dissed me :holy:

S

Sniffles

I tend to be more traditional in my fashion really. It seems the older I get, the more I prefer to wear dress shirts overall. So I still have that strong sense of personal aesthetics, but takes me in a different direction than the stereotypical 4s who prefer more "freakish" styles as you said.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do 4's have to look freakish? I'm not sure if i'm 4.. but what is your style like? I don't think my style is all Dennis Rodman like or anything. Maybe because I don't have the money to be. I dunno. :cool: I just think I'm genetically and psychologically different. I don't even necessarily take pride in it.. sometimes I embrace it, but sometimes, I wish things were easier.

edit: come to think of it, i ran into rodman once, and i thought he'd like me cuz i DID look pretty freakish at the time, but he totally dissed me :holy:

I don't worry much about my looks, and just wear the kinds of things I've always worn... which actually makes me stick out in this town that is obsessed with either high fashion or low fashion, with no inbetween...

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't dress/look freakish, but I like to establish my own sense of style, picking articles of clothing that remind me of pieces of music I enjoy (sounds weird, but clothing reminds me of music, I think everything reminds me of music, lol). It's kind of artistic yet comfortable and clean looking. One moment I'll be wearing bohemian/ 70s stuff, next it'll be romantic, to menswear inspired suits, or back to the 80s with modern touch jeans and a t-shirt. I quite like juxtaposing a fancy shirt with a pair of jeans and a blazer. For me, what I wear is an expression of myself, and an indication of my mood.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
. I quite like juxtaposing a fancy shirt with a pair of jeans and a blazer. For me, what I wear is an expression of myself, and an indication of my mood.

I couldn't agree more, also your music/dress code correlation doesn't seem odd to me at all, I have my own subconscious rules of dressing, (when I feel like it), but yes, when I'm in the mood to wear something I like or care about, it is symbolic of something else, too, if that makes sense. :)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I couldn't agree more, also your music/dress code correlation doesn't seem odd to me at all, I have my own subconscious rules of dressing, (when I feel like it), but yes, when I'm in the mood to wear something I like or care about, it is symbolic of something else, too, if that makes sense. :)

Totally makes sense. It's almost like the clothes you wear become a symbol of artistic expression even.