User Tag List

First 1523242526 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like the song and the video.

There's one scene especially that I love, when they are drawing each other's auras an then a heart, so intimate...

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

So, how many of your were abused, neglected by your families?

Or, to expand the question, how many of you felt/feel alienated within your families?

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, and who loves Atmosphere, i.e. Slug?

Definitely an INFP 4w5.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    4w5

Hey fellow 4. I'm new here and have a lot to read and take in. I wanted to pop my posting cherry by saying hi to someone I totally get and can relate to. So hi!

"I miss the comfort in being sad"

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post

Or, to expand the question, how many of you felt/feel alienated within your families?

I love my folks.. but... My mom might just be similar to yours though.. similar hardass Asian values perhaps? Also a little OCD, which made things frustrating. Dad was a military dude and different than me.. and made me try to live some of his own dreams with athletics and stuff as well.

My older brother was the real jerk. It's taken a lot to try and forget/forgive. I don't want to get into it too much.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I must be weird for a 4 cos I actually don't feel alienated within my family. Perhaps when I was younger I felt moderately alienated since I was hypersensitive to criticism. Despite that, I feel a sense of solidarity with my family. Among peers in school, that was another story, I felt like I came from a different planet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

^Yeah, I definitely wouldn't negate peer differences either. I don't think I felt from a different planet per se, but just..not good enough I guess and forced to defend myself. Even though this section of the board welcomes it, it's kind of hard to talk about everything though..

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Do 4's have to look freakish? I'm not sure if i'm 4.. but what is your style like? I don't think my style is all Dennis Rodman like or anything. Maybe because I don't have the money to be. I dunno. I just think I'm genetically and psychologically different. I don't even necessarily take pride in it.. sometimes I embrace it, but sometimes, I wish things were easier.

edit: come to think of it, i ran into rodman once, and i thought he'd like me cuz i DID look pretty freakish at the time, but he totally dissed me
    If I were to copy anyone it would be Colin Farrell's dress-code (1, 2), or like this.

Grunge.

And I'm a four/five or whatever.

I wear jeans. Have a lot of black/red/orange t-shirts. Lot's of hoods. One black jacket, and one brown/beige leather jacket.

Le sigh. I say I'm authentic, but I'm totally full of it. Even some of the stuff about family above.. I probably need to get a lot things off of my chest..somewhere.. but I'm not sure if it's here. And y'know what? It doesn't help that there's always some smartass on the internet these days that could read what we say and just think we're looking for a pity party..which is not it at all.. but even being aware of those things gives me yet another excuse to hide my story and who I really am and refrain from actually being as "authentic" as I would like. Being authentic means you open yourself to be some someone's "emo" joke. Might as well create yet another persona that seems more put together, more impressive, and maybe even combative.. Story of my life

Anyways, I told SS this, but I admire any of you who can talk about your problems better.

Fours typically have problems with a negative self-image and chronically low self-esteem. They attempt to compensate for this by cultivating a Fantasy Self—an idealized self-image which is built up primarily in their imaginations. A Four we know shared with us that he spent most of his spare time listening to classical music while fantasizing about being a great concert pianist—à la Vladimir Horowitz. Unfortunately, his commitment to practicing fell far short of his fantasized self-image, and he was often embarrassed when people asked him to play for them. His actual abilities, while not poor, became sources of shame.

In the course of their lives, Fours may try several different identities on for size, basing them on styles, preferences, or qualities they find attractive in others. But underneath the surface, they still feel uncertain about who they really are. The problem is that they base their identity largely on their feelings. When Fours look inward they see a kaleidoscopic, ever-shifting pattern of emotional reactions. Indeed, Fours accurately perceive a truth about human nature—that it is dynamic and ever changing. But because they want to create a stable, reliable identity from their emotions, they attempt to cultivate only certain feelings while rejecting others. Some feelings are seen as “me,” while others are “not me.” By attempting to hold on to specific moods and express others, Fours believe that they are being true to themselves.

One of the biggest challenges Fours face is learning to let go of feelings from the past; they tend to nurse wounds and hold onto negative feelings about those who have hurt them. Indeed, Fours can become so attached to longing and disappointment that they are unable to recognize the many treasures in their lives.