First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Edasich View Post
    that's because fucked up people are always interesting
    I thought the movie Sybil was interesting
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Some of the most interesting in people in the world are 4s. I totally agree we should have a party.
    Nothing has contributed to the arts more than melancholy. It's really quite serene when you accept it, and see how it makes the happy moments that much better.

Melancholia is full of bittersweet beauty, and we fours have a better chance of understanding that than most. It's really quite useful to be able to see the world's beauty even in your dark moments.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    Nothing has contributed to the arts more than melancholy. It's really quite serene when you accept it, and see how it makes the happy moments that much better.

Melancholia is full of bittersweet beauty, and we fours have a better chance of understanding that than most. It's really quite useful to be able to see the world's beauty even in your dark moments.
    Yes.

There was a time when I couldn't speak, I couldn't scream, I couldn't cry, I could only shred paper, shred it into confetti size pieces.

There was a time when I couldn't speak, I couldn't scream, I couldn't cry, I could only throw things, anything in front of me, there was an applesauce stain on my ceiling for years, after this episode.

And, then, there was this time when I couldn't speak, I couldn't scream, I couldn't cry, I could only get in my car and drive, drive down the street, park the car, stare out the window, see nothing, feel nothing until the burns evoked relief.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I thought the movie Sybil was interesting
    haha. i haven't seen that i guess i'll have to check it out!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I've yet to really comprehend how I'm an ISFP and a 4w3.
    I suppose that just means my perception of the ennagram is confussed.
    Anyone care to explain it to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ?

I love suffering and pain but hate suffering and pain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I've yet to really comprehend how I'm an ISFP and a 4w3.
    I suppose that just means my perception of the ennagram is confussed.
    Anyone care to explain it to me?
    Many ISFPs are 4s. I know some irl.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I get 4w5 mostly.

http://www.enneagrambook.com/type4/

Fours are the poets and the artists. Well, fours are the starving artists. Sometimes, you know, you have to starve to get to the real stuff.

Fours are the masters of the emotional realm. Fours seem to be old souls. They have been around the block with heartache and even if they still get caught up in it they know there way around.

Some books say that fours are the jealous type. That’s bullshit. Fours don’t want what you have, they want something of their own… but it might be the same thing that you have.

You see fours are always out looking for how to make life better. That’s the thing- the aperture on the vision is so large that fours are trying to find ways to make LIFE better.

Fours can seem sort of down to others. Fours can seem sort of sad, but they really aren’t that sad at all. Once you get to know them, fours know a depth of feeling that none of the other types can TOUCH.

Fours are dag smat on the part of the enneagram that coincides with emotions. Yup, the thinking types see no logic in the four’s moves and the body types think fours are airy-fairy.

Fours are often lethally embarrassed. Or self-concious. Or both.

But that’s OK because despite what anyone might think, the four knows exactly what’s going on.

Four with a Five Wing: The Bohemian
    Healthy 4w5’s brings profound creativity and insights of the intrapsychic sort. Their emotions are more under-the-surface than 4w3’s, and more private modes of communication (such as writing) are preferred. They have intellectual as well as emotional insights and can often synthesize experiences into something intensely personal yet timeless.

Famous 4w5’s
    Johnny Depp, Kurt Cobain, Bob Dylan, Virginia Woolf, “Lin Daiyu”, Søren Kierkegaard, John Keats, Sylvia Plath, Jack Kerouac

Four with a Three Wing: The Aristocrat
    Healthy 4w3’s can be both successful and inspired. They leave a personal touch in all the works they do, while maintaining some connection with the larger world. They enjoy public attention but are also committed to private self-exploration.

Famous 4w3’s
    Prince, Michael Jackson, Judy Garland, “Blanche DuBois”, “Madame Bovary”, Oscar Wilde, Marcel Proust, Gamart, Crov

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

I hate that Jonny Depp is a 4w5. I don't want to be connected with him, because everyone loves him and he's weird. He's not sexy. He's skinny. I'm weird and most people don't love me.
    I like melancholy things.
    I like Derek Webb songs.
    I think a lot and then want to tell people all the things I think.
    I am defined by my self-destruction and my mediocrity. Fear of being special, need to be special. Ridiculous. I should be better than this.
    ;-p
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

There is a Sufi story that relates to this about an old dog that had been badly abused and was near starvation. One day, the dog found a bone, carried it to a safe spot, and started gnawing away. The dog was so hungry that it chewed on the bone for a long time and got every last bit of nourishment that it could out of it. After some time, a kind old man noticed the dog and its pathetic scrap and began quietly setting food out for it. But the poor hound was so attached to its bone that it refused to let go of it and soon starved to death.

Fours are in the same predicament. As long as they believe that there is something fundamentally wrong with them, they cannot allow themselves to experience or enjoy their many good qualities. To acknowledge their good qualities would be to lose their sense of identity (as a suffering victim) and to be without a relatively consistent personal identity (their Basic Fear). Fours grow by learning to see that much of their story is not true—or at least it is not true any more. The old feelings begin to fall away once they stop telling themselves their old tale: it is irrelevant to who they are right now.
    (from The Wisdom of the Enneagram, p. 180-182)
    When we carry too much baggage in our hands, it is hard to take candy from strangers because our hands are full. What baggage can you let go today, 4s?
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM