User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    It's supposedly just as possible for 4s as for any other type. In a vacuum, all types have an equal chance of being healthy. However, because each culture is pre-disposed to value certain traits and characteristics, I would argue that in reality this cannot possibly be the case.
    I'm not aware of wanting to be different, necessarily. Just authentic. It's easy to come to conflate the two, especially as you say, in certain cultural environments. Authentic expression is just important to me in principle and in general. I loathe formulaic arts and entertainment, not because it's popular, but because for example it takes what are sometimes good lyrics and melodies, and wastes them by setting them to a structure, instrumentation and even kind of voice and style of singing that aren't chosen because they're appropriate and add anything artistically valuable but just because they're what seem to be working during that period to shift units. I loathe them because they cheat people, especially those who are rarely exposed to anything else, out of what could be a far more evocative piece if all the elements worked together to express a coherent mood or theme. It's insulting.

This song for example: Red. Could have been fantastic. But what the hell is that drum doing. That doesn't need to be there at all and ruins it. And why are there strings repeating the melody, and why are they so gentle? It works against the weary, desperate tones produced by other elements. These are the songs that should be getting covered, the ones that aren't done right the first time.

This is the attitude I have to most aspects of life. I don't want the artistic integrity of anything to be compromised, including myself. "If you can't be a work of art, wear a work of art." Some people like everything that can express something, to express it honestly and completely, including the self. It can be hard to accept that you can be multi-faceted and still authentic. The fact that you feel different at different times is therefore distressing and confusing. That's happened to me. I didn't understand that rather than forcing myself to be one thing all the time, I should let myself explore everything and every way to be and feel, because it IS all still me, and couldn't be anything else. Your overall identity is harder to observe that way, because at any one time you're like one piece of a mosaic trying to see how you fit into the big picture and what the big picture is. You have to have faith that there is one, and that all the pieces will fall together if you let them. Like this.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I want to be different, but I'm a type two...I can't stand the popular kids or the conformists!
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

No, not wanting to be different, but rather feeling different, at least that is how it is for me.

Regarding being ronery...

Yes, I'm so fucking alone it's ridiculous.

The closest I feel to people are to artists whom I've never met.

Will someone ever get me?

I mean, really really get me?!!?

Doubtful.

How very ironic, we are these hardcore romantics who feel so very alone. Wait, perhaps that is not very ironic at all. :P

And, on that note...

YouTube - Melody Gardot - Who will comfort me (Live)

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    No, not wanting to be different, but rather feeling different, at least that is how it is for me.

Regarding being ronery...

Yes, I'm so fucking alone it's ridiculous.

The closest I feel to people are to artists whom I've never met.

Will someone ever get me?

I mean, really really get me?!!?

Doubtful.

How very ironic, we are these hardcore romantics who feel so very alone. Wait, perhaps that is not very ironic at all. :P

And, on that note...

YouTube - Melody Gardot - Who will comfort me (Live)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Thoughts For The Day make me want to stab something. Why is that?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I came over to the dark side ^^
    Moi is definitely a four, after looking at the options more.
    Crazy moi. It fits.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

4s rock the casbah. I demand we have a party, and bring all the emotional baggage we want with us.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Some of the most interesting in people in the world are 4s. I totally agree we should have a party.

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Some of the most interesting in people in the world are 4s.
    that's because fucked up people are always interesting