User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    I find the Enneagram Institute's Enneathought for the day uplifting. They focus on what needs to be worked on a good deal of the time, but they do so in a positive way. Otherwise, working on 4 stuff can be a bit overwhelming sometimes when taken as a whole...
    i had my mom take the test (she's a 2w3), and when i had her read the description for 4's she said "this is so you and it's so sad" and kept saying "awww" while reading it

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Enneathought for the day. Actually, this is a good one to ponder for the weekend, 4s:

Make this Release today: "I now release dwelling on the past to prolong my feelings." (Enneagram Transformations, 63)
    When you use the past to prolong feelings, you can get pretty far out off the ledge, spinning your Wile E. Coyote legs in the air. Ditching the past in favor of the present, and your presence, can keep you on solid ground.

"How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Today's Enneathought of the Day, brought to you by the Enneagram Institute:

Reflect on the ways you inadvertently hurt people. The more vulnerable you feel about yourself, the more likely you are to drop people without an explanation. Be aware of this tendency in yourself today.
    Do you "drop" people? I sometimes do, and it is directly related to how I feel about myself... As we move to one, this problem should lessen...

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Bought the latest Sonata Arctica album a couple days ago. I saw the cover art and it just oozed 4-ness, and after listening to it, it spawned the genre of 'En4 Prog Metal' in my head.

The album's name is 'The Days of Grays.'

Another good album is by Arjen Lucassen's new project Guilt Machine. The album is called 'On This Perfect Day.' I think it's very '4sy' too. You have to be into metal to enjoy either of them though, they get quite heavy despite the great, and clean, vocals. Thankfully, The Days of Grays has an orchestral CD too.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

That is a neat image; lots of gray & black that makes the green & red stand out in stark contrast.

Today's Enneathought:

How can you fully experience your Presence here and now? Be utterly sincere and without artifice or self-consciousness. (The Wisdom of the Enneagram, 47)
    How would a 4 do this? So far, I have thought of:

-Do not do anything to enhance or sustain a mood, such as eating a comfort food, listening to music, watching a favorite show, wearing a special item of clothing, etc. Just be in the "here & now."

-Do not focus on/remember the past, and do not let it affect your mood. The past does not exist; only think of what exists now.

I'm not sure that being utterly sincere is a good idea unless you are at a healthy stage...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I can't recall if I've posted this before, but this is the best example on video I've seen of a regular, real-world E4. [YOUTUBE="va4sEBucffY"]Enneagram 4 Leadership Video Interview[/YOUTUBE]

I feel that it's hard to get a sense for what E4 is all about, because usually they talk with people who do not discuss "real world" issues such as work. That's why I appreciated this video. Also, this guy seems like he may be an example of a "dauntless" 4. You may recognize some of yourself in what he has to say...

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

The first test that's short and unambiguous enough for me to bear doing (here) gave me these results:

1: 3
    2: -4
    3: -5
    4: 11
    5: 4
    6: -8
    7: 0
    8: -3
    9: 2

I'm puzzled why my 6 score is so low, as I relate to the 6 descriptions at least as much, but maybe 6s worry for different reasons and react differently. I'm still not completely convinced I'm not a 6, so let's just say I'm a 4 or something like one.

However, I don't feel broken or defective (although I have done). I am happy-to-neutral most of the time. Although I certainly have my problems and flaws, I think I have a reasonably healthy relationship with myself, others and society at large. Is that even possible for 4s, because if so the descriptions focus on the unhealthy versions way too much...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    Is that even possible for 4s, because if so the descriptions focus on the unhealthy versions way too much...
    It's supposedly just as possible for 4s as for any other type. In a vacuum, all types have an equal chance of being healthy. However, because each culture is pre-disposed to value certain traits and characteristics, I would argue that in reality this cannot possibly be the case.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The guy I like is an ENFP 4.
    He's artistic, friendly, and intelligent.
    I am an ENFP 6 and I heard that ENFPs should not date other ENFPS. So... Idk.
    But.. He's such a cool guy! He's an actor!!
    He writes poetry in his daily planner and a lot of it is pretty shocking.
    He says it's "comedic" but I don't think so. Comedic would be writing about dumb things.
    His poetry is slightly morbid. :P

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBurst View Post
    I am an ENFP 6 and I heard that ENFPs should not date other ENFPS. So... Idk.
    :-/