User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    When I was a child I had a morbid and moral obsession with the Holocaust, sociopathy and torture, and as I grew older I became evermore affected by what appears/appeared to be the massive suffering inherent to life, both human and animal alike.
    I have watched documentaries about it, read books about it and visited the Holocaust museum twice. I don't know why I so interested in it. The whole concept boggles my mind.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It just struck me just last Sunday how RECENT it was and how it screwed up the entire world. It's like a light went out that can't be rekindled. It depressed me so much I could hardly get out of bed. Really, nothing will ever be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by aguanile View Post
    I have watched documentaries about it, read books about it and visited the Holocaust museum twice. I don't know why I so interested in it. The whole concept boggles my mind.
    Natural suffering is one thing, but when a human being is the direct cause of the suffering of another, it's so appalling I can't help being curious.

I don't have the qualities in me to be able to do that and continue to live with myself, so I'm curious how others are able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    It just struck me just last Sunday how RECENT it was and how it screwed up the entire world. It's like a light went out that can't be rekindled. It depressed me so much I could hardly get out of bed. Really, nothing will ever be the same.
    Yep, it's one of those things that when you stare straight at it, it is too much. I remember walking into Birkenau and my mind was just repeating the word "no". I was angry that such a place even existed. Before walking in there I could sort of detach a bit, and the interest in psychopaths, and that side of it was there. But the reality of it and what happened, didn't really leave room for interest. It was a streamlined killing machine. And knowing you are standing in a place where a million people were intentionally killed by other humans, in cold blood rather than a battle, it's almost unthinkable.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Here's what fucks me up about it, too -- people talk about how other people should have spoken up, and I think, who were they gonna speak up TO? You're gonna tell a Nazi what to do? Not if you'd like to live ... I can't control my government and I live in a so-called democracy. I don't really see what could anyone have done.

MBTI
    ENTP

The essence of type four, which I havent seen mentioned much on this thread, is their passion: envy. Fours automatic, unconscious focus is on what others have that they believe they lack and will never be attainable: exceptional qualities and talents, a certain type of lover and intimacy the four can only dream about, the creative genius of a favorite artist, you get the picture. They often feel like theyve gotten the short end. They use considerable imaginative force glamorizing other people, places and destinies they see as special, coveting worlds they dont have access to. On some level, fours always pale in comparison to people they idealize and envy. Where the average person views a greener pasture, a four sees Emerald City. Where the envy is most directed also depends on the instinctual variant. For instance, a sexual four is most envious of people with intimate relationships, especially if one is a person the four is attracted to. That becomes the unattainable grail.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    arthur rimbaud

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    The essence of type four, which I havent seen mentioned much on this thread, is their passion: envy. Fours automatic, unconscious focus is on what others have that they believe they lack and will never be attainable: exceptional qualities and talents, a certain type of lover and intimacy the four can only dream about, the creative genius of a favorite artist, you get the picture. They often feel like theyve gotten the short end. They use considerable imaginative force glamorizing other people, places and destinies they see as special, coveting worlds they dont have access to. On some level, fours always pale in comparison to people they idealize and envy. Where the average person views a greener pasture, a four sees Emerald City. Where the envy is most directed also depends on the instinctual variant. For instance, a sexual four is most envious of people with intimate relationships, especially if one is a person the four is attracted to. That becomes the unattainable grail.
    Hahaaha, I am, admittedly, obsessed with genius, and geniuses! :P

And, sometimes, I am guilty of being doomed by the powers of my imagination and fantasies, so to speak.

Perfection doesn't exist, and my dreamscape worlds and ideas will never, or rarely, ever be actualized. :/

Do I sometimes feel broken, and somewhat of a misfit?

Hell yes.

Do I feel envy?

Perhaps, but not really.

I want to be happy like everyone else, and I think that the more simple our needs and desires are, the happier we become.

So, I seek to simplify myself, and my desires.

But, alas, my heart and mind hungers, and that hunger can be, it would seem as time has shown, insatiable.

Lol, I seek to be a Taoist. <--- I believe that is an oxymoron.

Anyhow, tonight, I am feeling alright.

I am sipping on some grapefruit juice. I am both pensive and expressive.

I am *not* feeling lonely, though I am very much alone.

I am comfortable without being complacent, what can I say, life is good.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The Nine Inch Nails song, All the Love in the World

Perhaps, the enneagram 4 anthem!!!

YouTube - All The Love In the World - Live (audio) - With Teeth Rehearsal

Watching all the insects march along
    Seem to know just right where they belong
    Smears of face reflecting in the chrome
    Hiding in the crowd I'm all alone
    No one's heard a single word I've said
    They don't sound as good outside my head
    Looks as though the past is here to stay
    I've become a million miles a-

Why do you get all the love in the world?

All the jagged edges disappear
    Colors all look brighter when you're near
    The stars are all afire in the sky
    Sometimes I get so lonely I could

Why do you get all the love in the world?
    Additional lyrics printed in the With Teeth PDF booklet, but not appearing in the song itself

Why am I always watching from the outside?
    On the other side of the glass
    Behind the glass.
    Always watching everyone,
    Separate, watching, always
    Don't touch.
    This is getting deeper
    As time goes by,
    The water's getting colder.
    Here I am surrounded by people but still all alone,
    I am always alone.
    Even with myself,
    Imprisoned in my head.
    And there doesn't seem to be any way out,
    And I am so fucking sick of here,
    Wish I was there.
    Right beside is still
    A million miles away.
    Behind these bars.
    In a rut.
    Anyplace else will do.
    Hello?
    Don't think so.
    Broadcasting,
    Only static coming in.
    No one can hear me when I'm here.
    Noooooo, Trent, I can hear you!!!

Seriously, though, since the age of 17, I've been picking up what Trent has been putting down.

He is one of those artists that make me feel less alone. :blushing:
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Trent Reznor, such a 4w5 it is r-i-d-c-u-l-o-u-s!!!

I want to have a million of his babies.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

5w4, actually.