• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 6w7 ESFJs are being confused for 2s on an hourly basis.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The 6 so description is about duty and the 2 so description is about social-climbing. So where is this Mother Theresa stereotype of 2's coming from? I asked a bunch of people what they thought their parents types were and most of them thought their mums were 2w1s cause they were motherly and caring. That's not what being a 2 is about. Aphrodite should be the 2 stereotype not a mother. The 6w7 description may also seem to cater more to the 6w7 ExFPs hence why people can't seem to get their heads around the fact that their mum might be that type and also the 7 wing that they can't seem to ignore. They seem to think that makes the 6w7 half a hedonist or something but that's more so for the ExxP 6w7s not the ESFJ 6w7s.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:0 dats me!!!

yes

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People mistype people when going off of stereotypes. Type 2's are not the only types who can be loving and nurturing. For some reason, a lot of articles do tend to sight a majority of ESFJs as 2. Of course, I can see a lot of ESFJs being 6s as well.

But I can see how they may seem similar. Both 6s and 2s value connecting with others. I one of my very close friends is likely an ESFJ 2w1 sx/so.

Personally, I wouldn't describe 2 as being about "social climbing." I suppose some 2s could come off that way, but I guess that is not the mental image of them I have in my mind. Can't really describe it though.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course, I can see a lot of ESFJs being 6s as well.

Most ESFJs are 6w7s but people just look at the way the average ESFJ is and assume that's what a 2 is like.

Personally, I wouldn't describe 2 as being about "social climbing."
They are described as such in the so description of them yet despite this people seem to connect them to being caregivers practically the 2w1s.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6w7 ESFJs are being confused for 2s on an hourly basis.

You'll quickly notice a controlling, bossy streak in a 2. Curt and impatient. When healthy, more personal power than a 6w7: strong boundaries, self-containment, confidence etc.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You'll quickly notice a controlling, bossy streak in a 2.

6w7 ESFJs are going to be controlling and bossy because they are an ExxJ type.

When healthy, more personal power than a 6w7: strong boundaries, self-containment, confidence etc.

Who is to say that isn't a cp6w7 instead of a 2 becoming 8-ish?

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Meh, another enneagram 6 keyboard warrior. Blocked.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually by understanding functions, Fe is not exactly the most bossy demanding type.

Fe-dom actually has great control over emotion and understanding of emotional auras. Rather than be crude and bossy, they will appeal to your values and empathy to persuade you to a point of view. Fi actually tends to be the one with the more 'blunt" outbursts that come off as bossy. It can be correlated with high Fi types with lower Te function use. When stressed, the Te comes out and is judgmental and harsh.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Only if you subscribe to stereotypes, tbh

I'm not subscribing to stereotypes. I'm just saying an ESFJ is going to seem like an ESFJ despite what enneagram type they are.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually by understanding functions, Fe is not exactly the most bossy demanding type.

That butthurt 6w5 doesn't know what he's talking about. If anything a 6w7 ESFJ is going to be bossy and overbearing because they're more about security and tradition. A 2 ESFJ is going to be more of a seducer and make it seem like it's what you wanted all along kinda like covert manipulation.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That butthurt 6w5 doesn't know what he's talking about. If anything a 6w7 ESFJ is going to be bossy and overbearing because they're more about security and tradition. A 2 ESFJ is going to be more of a seducer and make it seem like it's what you wanted all along kinda like covert manipulation.

What butthurt 6w5?

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What butthurt 6w5?

lol! don't tell me it's all in my head?! i'm pretty sure there was one that posted in here about an hour ago unless you've blocked him too or he deleted his comment.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol! don't tell me it's all in my head?! i'm pretty sure there was one that posted in here about an hour ago unless you've blocked him too or he deleted his comment.

Oh, wait, I see now. You mean deathwarmedmeup?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The 7 wing did throw me at first when typing my mum but i've concluded that she's a 6w7.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think "bossy" and "overbearing" are words that fit me at all...

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Fe-dom actually has great control over emotion and understanding of emotional auras. Rather than be crude and bossy, they will appeal to your values and empathy to persuade you to a point of view. Fi actually tends to be the one with the more 'blunt" outbursts that come off as bossy. It can be correlated with high Fi types with lower Te function use. When stressed, the Te comes out and is judgmental and harsh.

This is very accurate to my experience.
Strong Fe users often are great at reading the mood and people's emotions. The best example I can think of is my mom (an ESFJ). Her impressions of people seem to be dead on constantly. I can't think of a time where she has been wrong.
Then again I know an ESFJ who is a fantastically terrible judge of character at times. But she is rather young and not a healthy ESFJ.
Fe can also be bossy. But not always. In theory, anyone can be bossy. Stereotypically the bossy function is Te. But that doesn't mean Te doms are these constantly bossy people.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don’t know that “social climbers” is an accurate description of 2s, that’s more of a 3 thing. craving love and validation from others is different than social climbing, which has more of an end goal than just gaining love and desirability.

i do agree that a lot of FJ 6s could easily mistype as 2s though.