• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 8w9 or 1w9?

Chimaera

Hi! Can you explain to me the differences between these two elements with 9 wing?

Thos

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
Have you not read the descriptions? 8w9 is the Bear, 1w9 is the Idealist. Both of those conjure up two very different archetypes. Are you wondering which you are? If you identify with the owl so much that you use it as your avatar, I'll go on a limb and say 1w9.

The 9 wing reinforces the 8's strength and protectiveness. I always think of 8w9's as the more stubborn 8's; 8w7s are more willing to flex, argue, and make a deal.

The 9 wing will also reinforce the 1's wisdom and idealistic conviction. These are less the activist/crusaders that you see in the 1w2 subtype, and more the moralists and teachers.

1nquisitor

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you not read the descriptions? 8w9 is the Bear, 1w9 is the Idealist. Both of those conjure up two very different archetypes. Are you wondering which you are? If you identify with the owl so much that you use it as your avatar, I'll go on a limb and say 1w9.

The 9 wing reinforces the 8's strength and protectiveness. I always think of 8w9's as the more stubborn 8's; 8w7s are more willing to flex, argue, and make a deal.

The 9 wing will also reinforce the 1's wisdom and idealistic conviction. These are less the activist/crusaders that you see in the 1w2 subtype, and more the moralists and teachers.

I'm thinking of the following regarding myself. I like to be strong and decisive (I am impatient and don't like to work with details or to make slow decisions), I am protective of the ones I love, but people would generally characterise me as wise (not really idealistic, I am a bit, but just a bit). I am stubborn, I can be moralistic (but only on very specific issues) and I do like to impart knowledge to others (not moral values, except a fighting spirit, but ideas, facts or stories). I like swift, decisive action when it comes to important stuff, I hate to have to do detailed work and am impatient with people who want to do things slowly and carefully. I dislike hedonism and I admire both integrity and determination in others.

I have read descriptions and depending on the description I can oscillate between the sub-types. I sense that 8w9 is somewhat closer to me... I don't really relate to 1 perfectionism (only rarely I feel the need to do some particular things perfectly, I'm more of a push through hard and fast kind of person), nor do I relate to the "inner critic" (I sometimes do things that go even against my own values, but don't lose much sleep over it). Also, I'm generally looking to fight (not in the physical sense, but in the mental/spiritual sense against adversity and challenges). However, when I was younger I was more of a perfectionist, withdrawing from conflict (I can do conflicts now, but they may affect me as a get riled up). Now, I'm different. Last, but not least regarding anger, I sometimes express it, sometimes I don't. Generally, my mental state is neutral, somewhat bored, but if there is an opportunity for a fight, I will take it (again, in the mental sense, not physical sense).

So, out of these 2, 1w9 and 8w9, which one am I?