• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 2w3 vs 3w2

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sure there's been a lot of threads about this, but I still don't understand how to really tell the difference between 2w3 and 3w2. Some people like to use fictional characters to prove their point. If somebody does that in this thread, it would be much more helpful to me if they used Batman characters, as long as they're not from the TV series Gotham. However, I digress. Could somebody please illustrate the difference?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A 2w3's primary drive is to please and earn their love by serving them, a 3w2's primary drive is to impress people.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As someone who had a long standing debate between 2w3 and 3w2 myself I have a good idea of how they work. A 2w3 focuses on helping and being loved first of all and uses that 3 element to be loved by being a outstanding helper while a 3w2 is the other way around they want to seek goals to accomplish first for a successful image and uses the 2 to help along that by being helpful to get people with them so to speak.

2w3s are also more gushy and more open with their emotions than 3w2s who tend to screen their emotions more before presenting them.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As someone who had a long standing debate between 2w3 and 3w2 myself I have a good idea of how they work. A 2w3 focuses on helping and being loved first of all and uses that 3 element to be loved by being a outstanding helper while a 3w2 is the other way around they want to seek goals to accomplish first for a successful image and uses the 2 to help along that by being helpful to get people with them so to speak.

2w3s are also more gushy and more open with their emotions than 3w2s who tend to screen their emotions more before presenting them.

I'm more focused on helping and being loved than I am on seeking goals or accomplishing for a successful image, but I tend to screen my emotions.
This is a pickle. :p

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
It's less about behavior and more about motivation. There is a huge misconception about that here. I recommend that you look straight into resources about enneagram by those who founded it and those who continue to work with it.

What motivates your behavior? It may take you a LONG time to truly figure that out, and that is a GOOD sign!
That's because our motivators are subconscious, so it takes deep reflection to tap into those core motivators.
Instincts are another level that adds more depth and complexity to the overall typing profile.

Take your time, and at the end of the day, after you consult with others (if you so choose), check in with yourself to see how you feel about your type possibilities.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's less about behavior and more about motivation. There is a huge misconception about that here. I recommend that you look straight into resources about enneagram by those who founded it and those who continue to work with it.

What motivates your behavior? It may take you a LONG time to truly figure that out, and that is a GOOD sign!
That's because our motivators are subconscious, so it takes deep reflection to tap into those core motivators.
Instincts are another level that adds more depth and complexity to the overall typing profile.

Take your time, and at the end of the day, after you consult with others (if you so choose), check in with yourself to see how you feel about your type possibilities.

What's the motivation of 2 and 3?
Who did found the theory?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ExFJ 3w2 women tend to have a heavy 2 wing and they can easily mistype as 2s. #enneagram.jpg
I get what you mean, OP. Female ExFJ 3w2s are exceptionally hard to tell apart from 2w3s due to their heavy wing. I hope this helps.