• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] the differences that you've noticed between a 1w2 ESFJ and a 2w1 ESFJ?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm trying to guess my mum's enneagram type and i've narrowed it down to these two. The thing is she's an ESFJ so I may be confusing her high Fe with being a 2.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] might have insight.

My instinct is that a 2w1 would be more effusive and nurturing, with less of a natural understanding of boundaries. Whereas a 1w2 would be more subdued and controlled, and more overwhelmed by (and dismissive of) others' emotions.

In my experience with 1s and 2s: if someone is distraught, both 1s and 2s are likely to see that as an opportunity to be useful. But a 2 is more likely to be attuned to the emotional state of the person and their need to be nurtured, whereas a 1 is more likely to be attuned to the situation at hand: what caused the emotional state, and how it can be fixed. IME this distinction crosses Fe/Te lines.

á´…eparted

passages
[MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] might have insight.

My instinct is that a 2w1 would be more effusive and nurturing, with less of a natural understanding of boundaries. Whereas a 1w2 would be more subdued and controlled, and more overwhelmed by (and dismissive of) others' emotions.

In my experience with 1s and 2s: if someone is distraught, both 1s and 2s are likely to see that as an opportunity to be useful. But a 2 is more likely to be attuned to the emotional state of the person and their need to be nurtured, whereas a 1 is more likely to be attuned to the situation at hand: what caused the emotional state, and how it can be fixed. IME this distinction crosses Fe/Te lines.

I agree with this. It's also worth noting that Fe + 1 can very easily be mistaken for Te. As such if you suspect someone is ExFJ 1w2, you should also check to see that they aren' ExTJ, because I'd say the latter is more common. Any feeler 1 type is an unusual dynamic. Her being a 2 is statistically more likely.

Regardless, I think a disinguishing feature to see is what is their drivers, which tends to come out when they are stressed or upset. 1's are more likely to be holding ideals towards something very large, like society or religion. 2's orbit is much closer to people they know personally. Something else I noticed is 2's tend to want approval from specific people and circles. Where as 1's tend to want approval more broadly/universally. As a result, 2's will much more frequently develop a number of very emotionally intense (does not mean healthy) relationships. With 1's that really rare.

bundleofsunshine

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]

would you say that 1w2 or 6 is more common for an ESTJ?

á´…eparted

passages
@Hard

would you say that 1w2 or 6 is more common for an ESTJ?

Not sure. I am inclined to think 1, and I don't remember the details of the data the forum collected in the past. Though the sample size for ESTJ's was small.

I *think* 6 is the one Etype that doesn't have much correlation and is uniform across types.