User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 26

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne
    Posts
    13

    Default Am I 6w7 or 7w6?

    Okay, I have been long debating what my personality type is. I've spent a lot of time in trying to figure mine out, as I have a love for psychology (what I'm planning to major in). I'm not trying to figure my personality out because I'm filled with anxiety or anything. I just feel like knowing your personality is important because it helps you better understand yourself, which is something I really need right now. Something everyone needs in my opinion. Anyways.. to start, I had a best friend who was an ENTP, & after seeing her as well as a series of events that happened to me shortly after.. I started scoring ENTP & ENFP on 16 personalities. Honestly, it started depending on the day & how I felt. In turn, I can't figure out which I am anymore. I've been on multiple forums where it has stated that after a series of traumatic events, your personality can change. I lost my best friend, things happened at home, etc. Well, last night I took the Enneagram test & I scored 6w7, but now I'm more confused than ever. I have lots of anxiety, but I'm debating on whether it's more of a 6w7 or 7w6 type. I know for a fact that I'm ENxP. I just dont know if I'm a thinking or feeling type. - which seems to be the case for my results overall. I don't see myself as a negative person, but I do joke about my fears a lot. (for example the show Rick & Morty does the same thing. That's my favorite show because of the morbid humour). I have a lot of self doubt, but I suppress it as much as possible as I feel like self loathing gets you nowhere. I'm generally seen as a very likeable person, someone everyone feels comfortable around. Lord knows why because I'm the most sarcastic person youll ever meet. 😂 However, in some instances I can be sensitive, it just depends on who I'm talking to & the situation I'm in. I see myself as a manipulative, devils advocate because I know how to get what I want in a sense, but in other instances I take people's circumstances into consideration when planning on going out with friends. I somewhat feel as if it is just partly my love for understanding others to begin with. In conituation... As I was reading about 6 on the Enneagram description, I do tend to have manic tendencies & I could see myself becoming addicted to drugs or alcohol 😅. I do have a dark side, but everyone has one, right? I dont know guys, I just wanted input to see what you thought 🤔 So maybe I can have a little peace of mind. I'm just so in between everything 😅 If you also have any questions, feel free to ask me as I'm open to what everyone has to say.

  2. #2
    Awake Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    Okay, I have been long debating what my personality type is. I've spent a lot of time in trying to figure mine out, as I have a love for psychology (what I'm planning to major in). I'm not trying to figure my personality out because I'm filled with anxiety or anything. I just feel like knowing your personality is important because it helps you better understand yourself, which is something I really need right now. Something everyone needs in my opinion. Anyways.. to start, I had a best friend who was an ENTP, & after seeing her as well as a series of events that happened to me shortly after.. I started scoring ENTP & ENFP on 16 personalities. Honestly, it started depending on the day & how I felt. In turn, I can't figure out which I am anymore. I've been on multiple forums where it has stated that after a series of traumatic events, your personality can change. I lost my best friend, things happened at home, etc. Well, last night I took the Enneagram test & I scored 6w7, but now I'm more confused than ever. I have lots of anxiety, but I'm debating on whether it's more of a 6w7 or 7w6 type. I know for a fact that I'm ENxP. I just dont know if I'm a thinking or feeling type. - which seems to be the case for my results overall. I don't see myself as a negative person, but I do joke about my fears a lot. (for example the show Rick & Morty does the same thing. That's my favorite show because of the morbid humour). I have a lot of self doubt, but I suppress it as much as possible as I feel like self loathing gets you nowhere. I'm generally seen as a very likeable person, someone everyone feels comfortable around. Lord knows why because I'm the most sarcastic person youll ever meet. 😂 However, in some instances I can be sensitive, it just depends on who I'm talking to & the situation I'm in. I see myself as a manipulative, devils advocate because I know how to get what I want in a sense, but in other instances I take people's circumstances into consideration when planning on going out with friends. I somewhat feel as if it is just partly my love for understanding others to begin with. In conituation... As I was reading about 6 on the Enneagram description, I do tend to have manic tendencies & I could see myself becoming addicted to drugs or alcohol 😅. I do have a dark side, but everyone has one, right? I dont know guys, I just wanted input to see what you thought 🤔 So maybe I can have a little peace of mind. I'm just so in between everything 😅 If you also have any questions, feel free to ask me as I'm open to what everyone has to say.


    Hey macy welcome.


    Would you be willing to tell me what your personality was like as a child? Early childhood if you have memories or any stories your family like to tell of your character...and then 8 - 12y or so...before teenagehood.
    Walk first through the fire.


    *Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.

  3. #3
    Crusader GloriaInExcelsisDeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    125 so/sp
    Socionics
    ISTj None
    Posts
    633

    Default

    I would say 6w7 based on your doubts and that you seek the guidance of the people on this forum instead of delving into enneagram sites by yourself, but perhaps I am mistaken. The basic fear of the 6 is "Being without support or guidance", the desire is "To have support and guidance" and the temptations are "Indecision, doubt, seeking reassurance".

    Have you had a look at the Wikipedia Chart and compared your vices, fears, virtues to the ones listed there? In my case the advanced test on Similar Minds dot com was spot on, and I confirmed it using that very chart, though I should mention that my core type has both wings 1w9w2, as it is a possibility to have two, but since most people use a single wing system I just mention the 9 to show that I also have the spiritual peace of a 9.
    Enneagram
    Tritype: 125 (The Mentor = Gut-Heart-Head = Rational-Idealistic/Caring-Interpersonal/Intense-Cerebral)
    Main type: 1 (The Reformer = Gut = Rational-Idealistic) Wing types: 1w9 > 2w1 > 5w6
    Instinctual variant stacking: so/sp

    Socionics
    LSI-0-ISTj (The Inspector - Logical Sensing Introvert)

    Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
    ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller - )

    “A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.” - George R. R. Martin

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Hey macy welcome. Would you be willing to tell me what your personality was like as a child? Early childhood if you have memories or any stories your family like to tell of your character...and then 8 - 12y or so...before teenagehood.
    As a child, I was very fact driven. I was only allowed to watch channela like Animal Planet & the Discovery Channel, which has in turn driven me to have a very fact based religious stand point. I was bot allowed to watch cartoons. My parents worked with me & I always recieved amazing grades throughout school because I was not allowed to do anything until my homework was finished. I've always been extremely intuitive, structured, & logic based, but I'm also creative. I've played guitar since I was 7, & piano since I was 4. I've been singing since I knew how to speak. I'm extremely artistic as well & played multiple sports growing up. My dad was a truck driver so I'm not used to staying at one place for too long. I've also been to 5 different schools. However, just before I turned 13, my parents got a divorce. It was an ugly divorce because my dad was addicted to a number of drugs. At least thats what my mom led me to believe. I was originally very gullible because my mom had me believing I was only stable living with her. It wasnt until just recently that I found out that my dad isnt as horrible as she made out to be. Currently, I'm closer to my dad than what I am my mom.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GloriaInExcelsisDeo View Post
    I would say 6w7 based on your doubts and that you seek the guidance of the people on this forum instead of delving into enneagram sites by yourself, but perhaps I am mistaken. The basic fear of the 6 is "Being without support or guidance", the desire is "To have support and guidance" and the temptations are "Indecision, doubt, seeking reassurance". Have you had a look at the Wikipedia Chart and compared your vices, fears, virtues to the ones listed there? In my case the advanced test on Similar Minds dot com was spot on, and I confirmed it using that very chart, though I should mention that my core type has both wings 1w9w2, as it is a possibility to have two, but since most people use a single wing system I just mention the 9 to show that I also have the spiritual peace of a 9.
    I understand where you are coming from, & I appreciate the time you took to respond. I will say however, I looked to asking this forum because out of all the websites I encountered, this one provided the most links & information that I was looking for. I have not seen the links you posted anywhere, & that's why I wanted to post this post because I knew someone would possibly have better links to finding the true answer I'm looking for. I wanted to post my personality in an open forum because I was interested in everyone's thoughts on this personality type. On other forums people brought up some very interesting points, some which applied to me & others which did not. However, I will check out those links & see if they better help me understand. Thank you very much 😊

  6. #6
    Awake Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    As a child, I was very fact driven. I was only allowed to watch channela like Animal Planet & the Discovery Channel, which has in turn driven me to have a very fact based religious stand point. I was bot allowed to watch cartoons. My parents worked with me & I always recieved amazing grades throughout school because I was not allowed to do anything until my homework was finished. I've always been extremely intuitive, structured, & logic based, but I'm also creative. I've played guitar since I was 7, & piano since I was 4. I've been singing since I knew how to speak. I'm extremely artistic as well & played multiple sports growing up. My dad was a truck driver so I'm not used to staying at one place for too long. I've also been to 5 different schools. However, just before I turned 13, my parents got a divorce. It was an ugly divorce because my dad was addicted to a number of drugs. At least thats what my mom led me to believe. I was originally very gullible because my mom had me believing I was only stable living with her. It wasnt until just recently that I found out that my dad isnt as horrible as she made out to be. Currently, I'm closer to my dad than what I am my mom.

    Interesting and I'm so glad you were able to formulate your own understanding and repair whatever damage may have been done with your dad!


    So, I'm a 7w6. And my parents and other immediate and extended family report that I only cried once between the ages of 0-2...I was born smiling and was always smiling. In fact, my Mom often lovingly says "God, your father and I were so spoiled by you...we didn't know what end was up when your sister came into the world!" <-Sister? Basically cried non-stop. Sister's type? INFJ 6

    I was fearless too as long as I could keep on a forward moving basis...only becoming fearful at night when Ne had nothing to do and would convince me that the lamp was an alien and my toys on the floor were actually scary creatures in my darkened room. Nothing scared me until that 6 wing hit around age 18 and I started having panic attacks for no reason that I could come up with (in fact I didn't know they were even panic attacks...I thought I had a heart condition).

    What was your experience?
    Walk first through the fire.


    *Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Interesting and I'm so glad you were able to formulate your own understanding and repair whatever damage may have been done with your dad! So, I'm a 7w6. And my parents and other immediate and extended family report that I only cried once between the ages of 0-2...I was born smiling and was always smiling. In fact, my Mom often lovingly says "God, your father and I were so spoiled by you...we didn't know what end was up when your sister came into the world!" <-Sister? Basically cried non-stop. Sister's type? INFJ 6 I was fearless too as long as I could keep on a forward moving basis...only becoming fearful at night when Ne had nothing to do and would convince me that the lamp was an alien and my toys on the floor were actually scary creatures in my darkened room. Nothing scared me until that 6 wing hit around age 18 and I started having panic attacks for no reason that I could come up with (in fact I didn't know they were even panic attacks...I thought I had a heart condition). What was your experience?
    Thank you! I'm happy that I was able to to that as well. Also, when I came home from the hospital I did cry a lot, but it was only the first few weeks because I had low iron. I was put on this special formula. Other than that, I was a very happy & fearless baby. The only time I would cry afterwards was when I didn't get my way. My mom reported that I cried once because I didn't get chicken nuggets at McDonald's 😅😂. Which I would agree that's the case even now sometimes. I only get upset when I don't get my way. That's funny that your parents said that to you because mine said the same thing about me! The difference is, I don't have a sister or a brother to relate to. I'm an only child. However, I do remember a very dark phase because I too am an Ne type. I believed stuff like thinking an alien was a lamp & whatnot. I had a dark phase in believing ghosts & whatnot. There is a story that I would go into, but thats a whole other conversation 😅. I will say, I have started having an anxiety feeling starting. I noticed when I was 15 almost 16. I started having frequent panic attacks. Not so much now, but then at the time, yes. I have started smoking Mary J so I dont know if that's why I also have developed it, or if it's because my personality is going to take a change. However, that is my experience 😊

  8. #8
    Senior Member Cat Brainz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    2,905

    Default

    I personally think the line between 6w7 and 7w6 isnt that large. A lot of 6 and 7 comparisons are between 6w5 and 7w8 which are two very different beasts. Id say hmmm a good question I have devisxed (A basic one but still a good starting guideline is are you more A or B below).

    A= You are mostly a cautious and grounded person but has occasional moments of impulse and risk taking.

    B= You are mostly a fun loving and carefree person but can have moments of doubt and caution.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    I personally think the line between 6w7 and 7w6 isnt that large. A lot of 6 and 7 comparisons are between 6w5 and 7w8 which are two very different beasts. Id say hmmm a good question I have devisxed (A basic one but still a good starting guideline is are you more A or B below). A= You are mostly a cautious and grounded person but has occasional moments of impulse and risk taking. B= You are mostly a fun loving and carefree person but can have moments of doubt and caution.
    Yeah, I actually agree on that, but there is a bit of difference as far as being carefree, buuuuuut I would have to say a B on that one. 😊
    Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    964 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    723

    Default

    You seem 6w7 to me.
    You don't look out there for God, something in the sky, you look in you.
    Alan Watts


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO