• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Am I 6w7 or 7w6?

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, I have been long debating what my personality type is. I've spent a lot of time in trying to figure mine out, as I have a love for psychology (what I'm planning to major in). I'm not trying to figure my personality out because I'm filled with anxiety or anything. I just feel like knowing your personality is important because it helps you better understand yourself, which is something I really need right now. Something everyone needs in my opinion. Anyways.. to start, I had a best friend who was an ENTP, & after seeing her as well as a series of events that happened to me shortly after.. I started scoring ENTP & ENFP on 16 personalities. Honestly, it started depending on the day & how I felt. In turn, I can't figure out which I am anymore. I've been on multiple forums where it has stated that after a series of traumatic events, your personality can change. I lost my best friend, things happened at home, etc. Well, last night I took the Enneagram test & I scored 6w7, but now I'm more confused than ever. I have lots of anxiety, but I'm debating on whether it's more of a 6w7 or 7w6 type. I know for a fact that I'm ENxP. I just dont know if I'm a thinking or feeling type. - which seems to be the case for my results overall. I don't see myself as a negative person, but I do joke about my fears a lot. (for example the show Rick & Morty does the same thing. That's my favorite show because of the morbid humour). I have a lot of self doubt, but I suppress it as much as possible as I feel like self loathing gets you nowhere. I'm generally seen as a very likeable person, someone everyone feels comfortable around. Lord knows why because I'm the most sarcastic person youll ever meet. 😂 However, in some instances I can be sensitive, it just depends on who I'm talking to & the situation I'm in. I see myself as a manipulative, devils advocate because I know how to get what I want in a sense, but in other instances I take people's circumstances into consideration when planning on going out with friends. I somewhat feel as if it is just partly my love for understanding others to begin with. In conituation... As I was reading about 6 on the Enneagram description, I do tend to have manic tendencies & I could see myself becoming addicted to drugs or alcohol 😅. I do have a dark side, but everyone has one, right? I dont know guys, I just wanted input to see what you thought 🤔 So maybe I can have a little peace of mind. I'm just so in between everything 😅 If you also have any questions, feel free to ask me as I'm open to what everyone has to say.

Starry

Okay, I have been long debating what my personality type is. I've spent a lot of time in trying to figure mine out, as I have a love for psychology (what I'm planning to major in). I'm not trying to figure my personality out because I'm filled with anxiety or anything. I just feel like knowing your personality is important because it helps you better understand yourself, which is something I really need right now. Something everyone needs in my opinion. Anyways.. to start, I had a best friend who was an ENTP, & after seeing her as well as a series of events that happened to me shortly after.. I started scoring ENTP & ENFP on 16 personalities. Honestly, it started depending on the day & how I felt. In turn, I can't figure out which I am anymore. I've been on multiple forums where it has stated that after a series of traumatic events, your personality can change. I lost my best friend, things happened at home, etc. Well, last night I took the Enneagram test & I scored 6w7, but now I'm more confused than ever. I have lots of anxiety, but I'm debating on whether it's more of a 6w7 or 7w6 type. I know for a fact that I'm ENxP. I just dont know if I'm a thinking or feeling type. - which seems to be the case for my results overall. I don't see myself as a negative person, but I do joke about my fears a lot. (for example the show Rick & Morty does the same thing. That's my favorite show because of the morbid humour). I have a lot of self doubt, but I suppress it as much as possible as I feel like self loathing gets you nowhere. I'm generally seen as a very likeable person, someone everyone feels comfortable around. Lord knows why because I'm the most sarcastic person youll ever meet. 😂 However, in some instances I can be sensitive, it just depends on who I'm talking to & the situation I'm in. I see myself as a manipulative, devils advocate because I know how to get what I want in a sense, but in other instances I take people's circumstances into consideration when planning on going out with friends. I somewhat feel as if it is just partly my love for understanding others to begin with. In conituation... As I was reading about 6 on the Enneagram description, I do tend to have manic tendencies & I could see myself becoming addicted to drugs or alcohol 😅. I do have a dark side, but everyone has one, right? I dont know guys, I just wanted input to see what you thought 🤔 So maybe I can have a little peace of mind. I'm just so in between everything 😅 If you also have any questions, feel free to ask me as I'm open to what everyone has to say.

Hey macy welcome.

Would you be willing to tell me what your personality was like as a child? Early childhood if you have memories or any stories your family like to tell of your character...and then 8 - 12y or so...before teenagehood.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would say 6w7 based on your doubts and that you seek the guidance of the people on this forum instead of delving into enneagram sites by yourself, but perhaps I am mistaken. The basic fear of the 6 is "Being without support or guidance", the desire is "To have support and guidance" and the temptations are "Indecision, doubt, seeking reassurance".

Have you had a look at the Wikipedia Chart and compared your vices, fears, virtues to the ones listed there? In my case the advanced test on Similar Minds dot com was spot on, and I confirmed it using that very chart, though I should mention that my core type has both wings 1w9w2, as it is a possibility to have two, but since most people use a single wing system I just mention the 9 to show that I also have the spiritual peace of a 9.

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey macy welcome. Would you be willing to tell me what your personality was like as a child? Early childhood if you have memories or any stories your family like to tell of your character...and then 8 - 12y or so...before teenagehood.
As a child, I was very fact driven. I was only allowed to watch channela like Animal Planet & the Discovery Channel, which has in turn driven me to have a very fact based religious stand point. I was bot allowed to watch cartoons. My parents worked with me & I always recieved amazing grades throughout school because I was not allowed to do anything until my homework was finished. I've always been extremely intuitive, structured, & logic based, but I'm also creative. I've played guitar since I was 7, & piano since I was 4. I've been singing since I knew how to speak. I'm extremely artistic as well & played multiple sports growing up. My dad was a truck driver so I'm not used to staying at one place for too long. I've also been to 5 different schools. However, just before I turned 13, my parents got a divorce. It was an ugly divorce because my dad was addicted to a number of drugs. At least thats what my mom led me to believe. I was originally very gullible because my mom had me believing I was only stable living with her. It wasnt until just recently that I found out that my dad isnt as horrible as she made out to be. Currently, I'm closer to my dad than what I am my mom.

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would say 6w7 based on your doubts and that you seek the guidance of the people on this forum instead of delving into enneagram sites by yourself, but perhaps I am mistaken. The basic fear of the 6 is "Being without support or guidance", the desire is "To have support and guidance" and the temptations are "Indecision, doubt, seeking reassurance". Have you had a look at the Wikipedia Chart and compared your vices, fears, virtues to the ones listed there? In my case the advanced test on Similar Minds dot com was spot on, and I confirmed it using that very chart, though I should mention that my core type has both wings 1w9w2, as it is a possibility to have two, but since most people use a single wing system I just mention the 9 to show that I also have the spiritual peace of a 9.
I understand where you are coming from, & I appreciate the time you took to respond. I will say however, I looked to asking this forum because out of all the websites I encountered, this one provided the most links & information that I was looking for. I have not seen the links you posted anywhere, & that's why I wanted to post this post because I knew someone would possibly have better links to finding the true answer I'm looking for. I wanted to post my personality in an open forum because I was interested in everyone's thoughts on this personality type. On other forums people brought up some very interesting points, some which applied to me & others which did not. However, I will check out those links & see if they better help me understand. Thank you very much 😊

Starry

As a child, I was very fact driven. I was only allowed to watch channela like Animal Planet & the Discovery Channel, which has in turn driven me to have a very fact based religious stand point. I was bot allowed to watch cartoons. My parents worked with me & I always recieved amazing grades throughout school because I was not allowed to do anything until my homework was finished. I've always been extremely intuitive, structured, & logic based, but I'm also creative. I've played guitar since I was 7, & piano since I was 4. I've been singing since I knew how to speak. I'm extremely artistic as well & played multiple sports growing up. My dad was a truck driver so I'm not used to staying at one place for too long. I've also been to 5 different schools. However, just before I turned 13, my parents got a divorce. It was an ugly divorce because my dad was addicted to a number of drugs. At least thats what my mom led me to believe. I was originally very gullible because my mom had me believing I was only stable living with her. It wasnt until just recently that I found out that my dad isnt as horrible as she made out to be. Currently, I'm closer to my dad than what I am my mom.

Interesting and I'm so glad you were able to formulate your own understanding and repair whatever damage may have been done with your dad!

So, I'm a 7w6. And my parents and other immediate and extended family report that I only cried once between the ages of 0-2...I was born smiling and was always smiling. In fact, my Mom often lovingly says "God, your father and I were so spoiled by you...we didn't know what end was up when your sister came into the world!" <-Sister? Basically cried non-stop. Sister's type? INFJ 6

I was fearless too as long as I could keep on a forward moving basis...only becoming fearful at night when Ne had nothing to do and would convince me that the lamp was an alien and my toys on the floor were actually scary creatures in my darkened room. Nothing scared me until that 6 wing hit around age 18 and I started having panic attacks for no reason that I could come up with (in fact I didn't know they were even panic attacks...I thought I had a heart condition).

What was your experience?

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting and I'm so glad you were able to formulate your own understanding and repair whatever damage may have been done with your dad! So, I'm a 7w6. And my parents and other immediate and extended family report that I only cried once between the ages of 0-2...I was born smiling and was always smiling. In fact, my Mom often lovingly says "God, your father and I were so spoiled by you...we didn't know what end was up when your sister came into the world!" <-Sister? Basically cried non-stop. Sister's type? INFJ 6 I was fearless too as long as I could keep on a forward moving basis...only becoming fearful at night when Ne had nothing to do and would convince me that the lamp was an alien and my toys on the floor were actually scary creatures in my darkened room. Nothing scared me until that 6 wing hit around age 18 and I started having panic attacks for no reason that I could come up with (in fact I didn't know they were even panic attacks...I thought I had a heart condition). What was your experience?
Thank you! I'm happy that I was able to to that as well. Also, when I came home from the hospital I did cry a lot, but it was only the first few weeks because I had low iron. I was put on this special formula. Other than that, I was a very happy & fearless baby. The only time I would cry afterwards was when I didn't get my way. My mom reported that I cried once because I didn't get chicken nuggets at McDonald's 😅😂. Which I would agree that's the case even now sometimes. I only get upset when I don't get my way. That's funny that your parents said that to you because mine said the same thing about me! The difference is, I don't have a sister or a brother to relate to. I'm an only child. However, I do remember a very dark phase because I too am an Ne type. I believed stuff like thinking an alien was a lamp & whatnot. I had a dark phase in believing ghosts & whatnot. There is a story that I would go into, but thats a whole other conversation 😅. I will say, I have started having an anxiety feeling starting. I noticed when I was 15 almost 16. I started having frequent panic attacks. Not so much now, but then at the time, yes. I have started smoking Mary J so I dont know if that's why I also have developed it, or if it's because my personality is going to take a change. However, that is my experience 😊

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I personally think the line between 6w7 and 7w6 isnt that large. A lot of 6 and 7 comparisons are between 6w5 and 7w8 which are two very different beasts. Id say hmmm a good question I have devisxed (A basic one but still a good starting guideline is are you more A or B below).

A= You are mostly a cautious and grounded person but has occasional moments of impulse and risk taking.

B= You are mostly a fun loving and carefree person but can have moments of doubt and caution.

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I personally think the line between 6w7 and 7w6 isnt that large. A lot of 6 and 7 comparisons are between 6w5 and 7w8 which are two very different beasts. Id say hmmm a good question I have devisxed (A basic one but still a good starting guideline is are you more A or B below). A= You are mostly a cautious and grounded person but has occasional moments of impulse and risk taking. B= You are mostly a fun loving and carefree person but can have moments of doubt and caution.
Yeah, I actually agree on that, but there is a bit of difference as far as being carefree, buuuuuut I would have to say a B on that one. 😊

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You seem 6w7 to me.

She does seem to be the "rather be safe than sorry" type in her writing to me as well. Since she stated that she smokes Mary J; I am drawn to ponder the possibility that she's confusing occassionally getting high with having 7 as a core as Mary J and Spice and all of that pretty much blows all worries away to kingdom come and envelops you in a shroud of happy feelings. At least that's what Spice, AKA synthetic or legal cannabis, did to me when I tried it 8 or 9 years ago.

Starry

Thank you! I'm happy that I was able to to that as well. Also, when I came home from the hospital I did cry a lot, but it was only the first few weeks because I had low iron. I was put on this special formula. Other than that, I was a very happy & fearless baby. The only time I would cry afterwards was when I didn't get my way. My mom reported that I cried once because I didn't get chicken nuggets at McDonald's 😅😂. Which I would agree that's the case even now sometimes. I only get upset when I don't get my way. That's funny that your parents said that to you because mine said the same thing about me! The difference is, I don't have a sister or a brother to relate to. I'm an only child. However, I do remember a very dark phase because I too am an Ne type. I believed stuff like thinking an alien was a lamp & whatnot. I had a dark phase in believing ghosts & whatnot. There is a story that I would go into, but thats a whole other conversation 😅. I will say, I have started having an anxiety feeling starting. I noticed when I was 15 almost 16. I started having frequent panic attacks. Not so much now, but then at the time, yes. I have started smoking Mary J so I dont know if that's why I also have developed it, or if it's because my personality is going to take a change. However, that is my experience 😊

Shit.

I mean, I personally would put you at 7 but I can tell you right now just from the responses in this thread that you are one of those people where 7 will constantly be questioned. Hell, people question 7 with me even but that may be a counterphobia thing idk. 7 is one of those points that seems to have more stereotypes assigned to it than others. There's often a belief that you can't be measured and be a 7...that you must be wearing a lampshade at every party and piss your pants happy all the time. I have long since suspected that the only remedy to these beliefs is actually being a 7.

Humor me with a couple more questions if you don't mind...

Why did you start smoking weed? Dig deep here if you would because I think there may be an important clue hidden in it (maybe). And...

If you could choose a lot...which of these two types would you prefer to be and why?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
She does seem to be the "rather be safe than sorry" type in her writing to me as well. Since she stated that she smokes Mary J; I am drawn to ponder the possibility that she's confusing occassionally getting high with having 7 as a core as Mary J and Spice and all of that pretty much blows all worries away to kingdom come and envelops you in a shroud of happy feelings. At least that's what Spice, AKA synthetic or legal cannabis, did to me when I tried it 8 or 9 years ago.

Yeah. Could be more 6w7, 7w... I'm not sure. Maybe a normal 7 vs. a moderately-healthy/slightly unhealthy 6? Not saying it's a bad thing, just remembering different "stages" of the types -- typically described as healthy or not.

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Shit. I mean, I personally would put you at 7 but I can tell you right now just from the responses in this thread that you are one of those people where 7 will constantly be questioned. Hell, people question 7 with me even but that may be a counterphobia thing idk. 7 is one of those points that seems to have more stereotypes assigned to it than others. There's often a belief that you can't be measured and be a 7...that you must be wearing a lampshade at every party and piss your pants happy all the time. I have long since suspected that the only remedy to these beliefs is actually being a 7. Humor me with a couple more questions if you don't mind... Why did you start smoking weed? Dig deep here if you would because I think there may be an important clue hidden in it (maybe). And... If you could choose a lot...which of these two types would you prefer to be and why?
Actually, I agree with you on that one. I feel like it is the most debated personality. I see a lot talking about whether someone is a 7 or not. Nice metaphors btw 😂 well done. I will answer any questions you have. I really don't mind. I started smoking weed because I genuinely wanted to try it. I knew when my parents got divorced that my dad smoking weed was one of the biggest reasons they divorced. My dad has a brain disease & it is medically prescribed to him (which I didn't know bc my mom told me he was a criminal all together). I wanted to see for myself what the hype was. Not to mention all my friends were doing it, so I had the connections. My dad & I became so close that I entrusted with him the fact that I smoke too. He doesn't mind. I have become more sociable (even when I'm sober) because I have a network of friends now. It helped with my anxiety as well, so I continue to smoke. I will say, I don't smoke everyday lol. I smoke 2-3 times a week. So it doesnt dramatically affect my personality. The chemicals from the THC altering your mind would affect it, but it would be ongoing & would affect me when sober. I know a friend that actually was an Introvert & he became an Extrovert. Lastly & honestly, I would prefer to be an 7w6 because I know I'm more carefree & risk taking than what a 6 would be. I put a lot on the line smoking, tripping, etc. without my mom knowing. That's a huge risk in itself. My mother is an ENTJ personality, which is VERY controlling. She took me to the police station because she didn't like the friend I was hanging out with 😅. All of that is another story. I go out with friends with no worries. The only time I worry, is when my mom is involved with what I'm doing. Anyways, personality wise, I am extremely sarcastic & I have a wild sense of humour. I get nervous introducing myself to people, but once someone gets to know me, I come out of my shell & I'm very outgoing.. some would say eccentric & hilarious. I think I'm a 7 with a strong 6 wing. Others seem to be hesitant, but I think it's because, like you said, a very debated personality type.

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can where you're coming from, but I know I don't smoke enough for it to alter my sense of reality. I only smoke 2-3 days a week. I mean, my life has changed because of it. I've become more extroverted. I will say.. I have a different high than most people. Also, no two people have the exact same high to begin with. Spice is something I don't smoke at all though. I've never tried it either. I get happier & more outgoing... but I actually feel anxious, & I have a feeling of unfulfilled potential honestly. I get kinda shaky because of that. I become more observant & I tend to think about things a lot more.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can where you're coming from, but I know I don't smoke enough for it to alter my sense of reality. I only smoke 2-3 days a week. I mean, my life has changed because of it. I've become more extroverted. I will say.. I have a different high than most people. Also, no two people have the exact same high to begin with. Spice is something I don't smoke at all though. I've never tried it either. I get happier & more outgoing... but I actually feel anxious, & I have a feeling of unfulfilled potential honestly. I get kinda shaky because of that. I become more observant & I tend to think about things a lot more.

Ah okey. No, perhaps 7w6 is more accurate then. Ultimately, you really are your own scholar when it comes to your own personality, so if you're inclined towards honestly labeling yourself as a 7w6 after some serious contemplation, that's probably the truth.

So, it would be accurate to say that you prioritize being fun and entertained over being safe and secure then? I don't know if you've taken the test on the link I provided yet, but that's the way they put it in the results page.

1 - I must be orderly/planned to survive
2 - I must be caring & helpful to survive
3 - I must be impressive and attractive to survive
4 - I must be unique/different to survive
5 - I must be knowledgeable to survive
6 - I must be secure and safe to survive
7 - I must be fun and entertained to survive

8 - I must be strong and in control to survive
9 - I must maintain peace/calm to survive

Additionally, someone just posted a new enneagram test in the Online Tests section on the forum where you are supposed to choose the types that are most like you. This is what they describe your core type and wing type as:

6. I have a vivid imagination, especially when it comes to what might be threatening to safety and security. I can usually
spot what could be dangerous or harmful and may experience as much fear as if it were really happening. I either always
avoid danger or always challenge it head-on. My imagination also leads to my ingenuity and a good, if somewhat offbeat,
sense of humor. I would like for life to be more certain, but in general I seem to doubt the people and things around me. I
can usually see the shortcomings in the view someone is putting forward. I suppose that, as a consequence, some
people may consider me to be very astute. I tend to be suspicious of authority and am not particularly comfortable being
seen as the authority. Because I can see what is wrong with the generally held view of things, I tend to identify with
underdog causes. Once I have committed myself to a person or cause, I am very loyal to it.

7. I am an optimistic person who enjoys coming up with new and interesting things to do. I have a very active mind that
quickly moves back and forth between different ideas. I like to get a global picture of how all these ideas fit together, and
I get excited when I can connect concepts that initially don't appear to be related. I like to work on things that interest me,
and I have a lot of energy to devote to them. I have a hard time sticking with unrewarding and repetitive tasks. I like to be
in on the beginning of a project, during the planning phase, when there may be many interesting options to consider.
When I have exhausted my interest in something, it is difficult for me to stay with it, because I want to move on to the
next thing that has captured my interest. If something gets me down, I prefer to shift my attention to more pleasant ideas.
I believe people are entitled to an enjoyable life

Some extra adjectives to describe your types:

7: The Busy, Variety-Seeking Type: Spontaneous, Versatile, Acquisitive, and Scattered
6: The Committed, Security-Oriented Type: Engaging, Responsible, Anxious, and Suspicious

Hope it will be of further help to you! :)

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ah okey. No, perhaps 7w6 is more accurate then. Ultimately, you really are your own scholar when it comes to your own personality, so if you're inclined towards honestly labeling yourself as a 7w6 after some serious contemplation, that's probably the truth. So, it would be accurate to say that you prioritize being fun and entertained over being safe and secure then? I don't know if you've taken the test on the link I provided yet, but that's the way they put it in the results page. 1 - I must be orderly/planned to survive 2 - I must be caring & helpful to survive 3 - I must be impressive and attractive to survive 4 - I must be unique/different to survive 5 - I must be knowledgeable to survive 6 - I must be secure and safe to survive 7 - I must be fun and entertained to survive 8 - I must be strong and in control to survive 9 - I must maintain peace/calm to survive Additionally, someone just posted a new enneagram test in the Online Tests section on the forum where you are supposed to choose the types that are most like you. This is what they describe your core type and wing type as: 6. I have a vivid imagination, especially when it comes to what might be threatening to safety and security. I can usually spot what could be dangerous or harmful and may experience as much fear as if it were really happening. I either always avoid danger or always challenge it head-on. My imagination also leads to my ingenuity and a good, if somewhat offbeat, sense of humor. I would like for life to be more certain, but in general I seem to doubt the people and things around me. I can usually see the shortcomings in the view someone is putting forward. I suppose that, as a consequence, some people may consider me to be very astute. I tend to be suspicious of authority and am not particularly comfortable being seen as the authority. Because I can see what is wrong with the generally held view of things, I tend to identify with underdog causes. Once I have committed myself to a person or cause, I am very loyal to it. 7. I am an optimistic person who enjoys coming up with new and interesting things to do. I have a very active mind that quickly moves back and forth between different ideas. I like to get a global picture of how all these ideas fit together, and I get excited when I can connect concepts that initially don't appear to be related. I like to work on things that interest me, and I have a lot of energy to devote to them. I have a hard time sticking with unrewarding and repetitive tasks. I like to be in on the beginning of a project, during the planning phase, when there may be many interesting options to consider. When I have exhausted my interest in something, it is difficult for me to stay with it, because I want to move on to the next thing that has captured my interest. If something gets me down, I prefer to shift my attention to more pleasant ideas. I believe people are entitled to an enjoyable life Some extra adjectives to describe your types: 7: The Busy, Variety-Seeking Type: Spontaneous, Versatile, Acquisitive, and Scattered 6: The Committed, Security-Oriented Type: Engaging, Responsible, Anxious, and Suspicious Hope it will be of further help to you! :)
Oh my, that definitely helps. A lot in both that I can relate to, but I see more relation in 7 than I do 6. I like to be spontaneous, versatile, & acquisitive, but I also like to be committed in some aspects & engaging. Since so many applied to me, in the description of a 7, I will have to go with 7w6. I have one final question though... is a 7w6 an ENFP or an ENTP? or are both of those options found within between being a 7? Also, I did try the link you sent.. but it won't let me through to the website for some reason. I typed in similarminds.com & it said webpage error.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Great. Oh so the link isn't working for you? Strange as it is working fine for me.

A report on the most common enneagram + mbti connections found on thoughtcatalog.com show the following statistics on the 7 and MBTI.

ESTP 7w6 = 0%
ESTP 7w8 = 100%

ENTP 7w6 = 27%
ENTP 7w8 = 73%

ESFP 7w6 = 50%
ESFP 7w8 = 50%

ENFP 7w6 = 46%
ENFP 7w8 = 54%

So yeah, both are definitely an option for a 7w6.

Starry

Actually, I agree with you on that one. I feel like it is the most debated personality. I see a lot talking about whether someone is a 7 or not. Nice metaphors btw 😂 well done. I will answer any questions you have. I really don't mind. I started smoking weed because I genuinely wanted to try it. I knew when my parents got divorced that my dad smoking weed was one of the biggest reasons they divorced. My dad has a brain disease & it is medically prescribed to him (which I didn't know bc my mom told me he was a criminal all together). I wanted to see for myself what the hype was. Not to mention all my friends were doing it, so I had the connections. My dad & I became so close that I entrusted with him the fact that I smoke too. He doesn't mind. I have become more sociable (even when I'm sober) because I have a network of friends now. It helped with my anxiety as well, so I continue to smoke. I will say, I don't smoke everyday lol. I smoke 2-3 times a week. So it doesnt dramatically affect my personality. The chemicals from the THC altering your mind would affect it, but it would be ongoing & would affect me when sober. I know a friend that actually was an Introvert & he became an Extrovert. Lastly & honestly, I would prefer to be an 7w6 because I know I'm more carefree & risk taking than what a 6 would be. I put a lot on the line smoking, tripping, etc. without my mom knowing. That's a huge risk in itself. My mother is an ENTJ personality, which is VERY controlling. She took me to the police station because she didn't like the friend I was hanging out with 😅. All of that is another story. I go out with friends with no worries. The only time I worry, is when my mom is involved with what I'm doing. Anyways, personality wise, I am extremely sarcastic & I have a wild sense of humour. I get nervous introducing myself to people, but once someone gets to know me, I come out of my shell & I'm very outgoing.. some would say eccentric & hilarious. I think I'm a 7 with a strong 6 wing. Others seem to be hesitant, but I think it's because, like you said, a very debated personality type.

It was the "piss your pants" part wasn't it? Yah...see I know these things.

haha. macy...I'm sorry...I somehow missed that you responded. Alright...I probably missed it because I have been foruming from my phone. Well, I would probably still miss things foruming from a cinematic screen...but phone.

I don't want to discount all this great information you are receiving from obviously very knowledgeable other members. We are lucky to have so many members here that really know their stuff. All I can do is tell you that if it were up to me you would be one of my people...but take that for the grain of salt it is.

Tomorrow I will have an actual computer in front of me and perhaps I will be able to go more in depth...

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Great. Oh so the link isn't working for you? Strange as it is working fine for me. A report on the most common enneagram + mbti connections found on thoughtcatalog.com show the following statistics on the 7 and MBTI. ESTP 7w6 = 0% ESTP 7w8 = 100% ENTP 7w6 = 27% ENTP 7w8 = 73% ESFP 7w6 = 50% ESFP 7w8 = 50% ENFP 7w6 = 46% ENFP 7w8 = 54% So yeah, both are definitely an option for a 7w6.
Thank you very much. I will look into it more later. 😊 I figure I am definitely a type 7. Now I'm trying to figure out the wings part. 😅 I like studying things in depth, that's for sure.