• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Am I 6w7 or 7w6?

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It was the "piss your pants" part wasn't it? Yah...see I know these things. haha. macy...I'm sorry...I somehow missed that you responded. Alright...I probably missed it because I have been foruming from my phone. Well, I would probably still miss things foruming from a cinematic screen...but phone. I don't want to discount all this great information you are receiving from obviously very knowledgeable other members. We are lucky to have so many members here that really know their stuff. All I can do is tell you that if it were up to me you would be one of my people...but take that for the grain of salt it is. Tomorrow I will have an actual computer in front of me and perhaps I will be able to go more in depth...
Hahahaha. You definitely got me there 😂. I actually agree with you on the 'you are my people' thing because I think we would become great friends. You seem a lot like me. I get easily distracted, so don't worry about the slow response. I can't even find my morning cereal when it's directly in front of me. Even when I walk into a room, I forget what I was going to do in the first place 😂. That's me. I think you should message me personally though, but that's all up to you 😊. It would be easier than messaging on an open forum.

Starry

Hahahaha. You definitely got me there 😂. I actually agree with you on the 'you are my people' thing because I think we would become great friends. You seem a lot like me. I get easily distracted, so don't worry about the slow response. I can't even find my morning cereal when it's directly in front of me. Even when I walk into a room, I forget what I was going to do in the first place 😂. That's me. I think you should message me personally though, but that's all up to you 😊. It would be easier than messaging on an open forum.

Okay now you're scaring me because now I'm thinking you might actually be me instead of merely a member of my posse.

A quick thought...

IIRC...you said you might be interested in going into psychology and I just wanted to say that I got a really good feeling about that and just kinda wanted to encourage you because I think you found your calling. There's something about the life experience you describe that lends you an expansive and yet down-to-earth quality which in my experience is actually pretty rare to be found in a person. Yes, I think you have found your calling.

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay now you're scaring me because now I'm thinking you might actually be me instead of merely a member of my posse. A quick thought... IIRC...you said you might be interested in going into psychology and I just wanted to say that I got a really good feeling about that and just kinda wanted to encourage you because I think you found your calling. There's something about the life experience you describe that lends you an expansive and yet down-to-earth quality which in my experience is actually pretty rare to be found in a person. Yes, I think you have found your calling.
Idk why, but you saying that made me happy 😂. I have a strong insight when I meet people & I had a strong one when you posted on my forum. In other words, I knew we would have a connection of some sort. 😊 I have a really strong desire to get to know you 🤔.

Also, that means so much to me. You don't even want to get me started as to why I want to pursue psychology. I'm extremely interested. I have second guessed it because I have a deep passion for music as well. However, I have a feeling I would be more successful in psychology than what I would in music. Idk, I have also thought about minoring in music as well 🤔 There's just so much I want & can do that it's so hard to decide 😂

Starry

Idk why, but you saying that made me happy 😂. I have a strong insight when I meet people & I had a strong one when you posted on my forum. In other words, I knew we would have a connection of some sort. 😊 I have a really strong desire to get to know you 🤔.

Also, that means so much to me. You don't even want to get me started as to why I want to pursue psychology. I'm extremely interested. I have second guessed it because I have a deep passion for music as well. However, I have a feeling I would be more successful in psychology than what I would in music. Idk, I have also thought about minoring in music as well 🤔 There's just so much I want & can do that it's so hard to decide 😂

You also have impeccable taste in people.

You should combine the two in some new and revolutionary way...psychology and music. It is so clear to me that you have it in you to do so. I remember when I first heard of "Art Therapy"...idk I certainly didn't mock it in my mind or anything but I certainly didn't take it all that seriously or only imagined it would work well for individuals that had suffered traumas that were not all that common like...surviving a planecrash as opposed to "going through a nasty divorce" or "dealing with the loss of a job"...something where words were more likely to escape the individual. <-Absolutely not. I have seen people so transformed by this therapy that I'm trying to get an art therapist where I volunteer to work with me and she just told me the other day that she thinks she has 3 months she can give me and I am over-the-moon...I'm so excited and keeping my fingers crossed. Think good 7 thoughts for me :wink:

macy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You also have impeccable taste in people. You should combine the two in some new and revolutionary way...psychology and music. It is so clear to me that you have it in you to do so. I remember when I first heard of "Art Therapy"...idk I certainly didn't mock it in my mind or anything but I certainly didn't take it all that seriously or only imagined it would work well for individuals that had suffered traumas that were not all that common like...surviving a planecrash as opposed to "going through a nasty divorce" or "dealing with the loss of a job"...something where words were more likely to escape the individual.
Thank you! But that is definitely interesting 🤔. I havent really been thinking along the lines of music therapy. I heard of it, & I had a friend wanting to go to college for it.. she just didnt follow through because of the 'new age drugs'. She had her fair share of rehab, & she's doing good now, but it's a shame it happened because she is really smart. I honestly should look more into it because I wanted to become a Music Director (discovering new artists & songs to prolong the ongoing flow of 'trendy music'). I have an odd music taste. People tell me that constantly, but everyone loves the music I listen to no matter the genre it's in. That's awesome you have that opportunity though! I'd love to meet someone like that in general. I actually thought about being an Art Director even 😂. I love art & photography as well. I paint, draw, photograph pictures, all that stuff 😅. I have some awesome photos on my phone as well. I'm just horrible at keeping up on social media, so I don't have them posted anywhere 🤔. I get busy & I forget.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting and I'm so glad you were able to formulate your own understanding and repair whatever damage may have been done with your dad!

So, I'm a 7w6. And my parents and other immediate and extended family report that I only cried once between the ages of 0-2...I was born smiling and was always smiling. In fact, my Mom often lovingly says "God, your father and I were so spoiled by you...we didn't know what end was up when your sister came into the world!" <-Sister? Basically cried non-stop. Sister's type? INFJ 6

I was fearless too as long as I could keep on a forward moving basis...only becoming fearful at night when Ne had nothing to do and would convince me that the lamp was an alien and my toys on the floor were actually scary creatures in my darkened room. Nothing scared me until that 6 wing hit around age 18 and I started having panic attacks for no reason that I could come up with (in fact I didn't know they were even panic attacks...I thought I had a heart condition).

What was your experience?

lol...at 0-2 I would bite anybody who didn't give me what I wanted right away.