User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    °Nt

Default CAN YOUR TYPE CHANGE?

Can a traumatic experience or the repetitive intention of change over time cause major alterations in your type?

Any experiences?
    Last edited by EnnisPreit; 07-05-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    The nature of my sine is 23.4 at best.
    Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Personally I believe trauma if you're young enough and your brain is still developing can possibly change it. Mostly that will effect enneagram when you're still developing but it may even influence your mbti but probably only in the case of trauma. I believe when you' young your brain is still developing and far more susceptible. Once your older it probably won't change. But still how would personality disorders effect this would be interesting to know since INTP's for example seem to be mixed with aspergers as ENTP/ESTP's can mix with narcissistic and sociopathic behaviors.

Usually though outside of disorders I just believe that the mbti type would probably stay the same just develop (nature) and enneagram would be develop from experiences growing up otherwise. (nurture)
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)

Eclectic Oddball, that I am

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    964 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I believe it can change. We're humans and we're always growing and changing, and sometimes you can discover your true type as you get older. There's also the simple mis-type, which isn't often realized right away.

It's said that types can't change, but I believe they do. Mine has over time, I think.
    You don't look out there for God, something in the sky, you look in you.
    Alan Watts

Likes Numbly Aware liked this post

Senior Member Crystal Winter Dream's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I think enneagram could perhaps switch wings.

For instance as a teen I wanted to stand out and be different but I also struggled with the idea of not fitting in (4w3) but now I struggle most with not fitting in but feel fitting in requires me to give up some of my internal values (3w4). So with my life and experiences they switched, though it is a particular strong fighting battle for dominance between 3 and 4.
    Likes thepink-cloakedninja liked this post

MBTI
    °Nt

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteenly View Post
    I believe it can change. We're humans and we're always growing and changing, and sometimes you can discover your true type as you get older. There's also the simple mis-type, which isn't often realized right away.

It's said that types can't change, but I believe they do. Mine has over time, I think.
    I agree.

Due to neuroplasticity, I think we guide those changes. Everything is a set of patterns.
    Likes Melodrama liked this post

MBTI
    °Nt

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyLarsen View Post
    I think enneagram could perhaps switch wings.

For instance as a teen I wanted to stand out and be different but I also struggled with the idea of not fitting in (4w3) but now I struggle most with not fitting in but feel fitting in requires me to give up some of my internal values (3w4). So with my life and experiences they switched, though it is a particular strong fighting battle for dominance between 3 and 4.
    I feel my teen self to be more 7 like, nothing like my 8 self now.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    964 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EnnisPreit View Post
    I agree.

Due to neuroplasticity, I think we guide those changes. Everything is a set of patterns.
    Exactly, I think that's what it is. And of course that sometimes others see something different about us, and it's often the thing that we miss, in regards to MBTI and other typing systems. And I think you or someone else mentioned trauma, but I think as we change and grow, we're guided towards those changes, towards a new pattern.
    You don't look out there for God, something in the sky, you look in you.
    Alan Watts

I wanna fcken feel right Numbly Aware's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx
    Socionics
    idk

I think we change every 5 years.

As for enneagram, it would be marked of your childhood and how your caregivers treated you. Personally, you can act another type but its unlikely you relate to their core of concern.

Since we're all human, ofc a traumatic experience can affect you and your type.

I've been affected by all kinds of experience that change, let's say, my mbti type.... or what is expected of my enneagram type.
    I'm in pain, I wanna put 10 shots in my brain~

MBTI
    °Nt

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteenly View Post
    Exactly, I think that's what it is. And of course that sometimes others see something different about us, and it's often the thing that we miss, in regards to MBTI and other typing systems. And I think you or someone else mentioned trauma, but I think as we change and grow, we're guided towards those changes, towards a new pattern.
    Yea our brains, like every cell that makes us, are always trying to find equilibrium
    Likes Melodrama liked this post

Default CAN YOUR TYPE CHANGE?

This topic reminds me of the earth as if we are the planet and or emotions and personality flux is the earths magnetic field differing in general locations as or personalities flux has differing intensities and structural settings.

But it seems it is controlled by a movement of three things as equally important to each other as the individual part. The three things are the Sun Moon and earth its self.

I find it interesting to think about the stability of personality and the freedom of flux within personality even though like a magnet we stay stead fast to the norms of its flux.

This part reminds me of the north and south poles the tilt of the planet and its rolling motion around the sun the moons stable glued positioning as it faces and circles the planet.

I also think the larger parts of climate change is naturally an influence of the spiralling gravitational influences of the planets and the the Astroid belts. But having said that co2 effect is real but miner compared to the movement's within the solar system of the planets of witch can take up to and more than 100 years to rotate around the Sun.