• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] ENTx and enneagram.

JustCallMeBrad

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Hi.16 year old trying to work out his enneagram type here. I'm wondering how enneagram and MBTI influence each other. I'm an ENTP, but for ages I thought I was an ENTJ, because I always like to be in control. However I'm far too scattered to be an ENTJ.
I've read that enneatypes 3 and 8 are linked to Te, and enneatype 7 is linked to Ne, so what I'm wondering is could an ENTP with enneagram 8 or 3 mistype as an ENTJ? Could an ENTJ 7 mistype as an ENTP? To be honest, I don't know a lot about enneagram, so if anyone could explain 3w2, 3w4, 7w8 or 8w7, that would be useful, as those are the types that sound most like me.
Also, if you are an ENTP 8 or 3, tell me a bit more about yourself. I'm interested to know.
Feel free to ask me questions if you have no idea what I'm even asking.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's my two cents, though I'm not ENTx so I'm not sure how well I can relate on a personal level! Anyone else can feel free to correct me.

I think ENTP with E8 or E3 could mistype as an ENTJ, for sure. 3 and 8 can definitely be very Te-heavy functions, at least at their basic and archetypal levels. However, 3 and 8 give people of any MBTI type a certain robustness that light-hearted and scattered ENTPs sometimes lack.

ENTJ 7s are substantially less common than ENTP 3s. Probably more uncommon than ENTP 8s as well. ENTJs generally don't prioritize the kinds of things a 7 would prioritize.

Very, very helpful Enneagram website for more info on all the types as well as what each tritype/etc. look like: Enneagram - Home

Overall, you're right in thinking that 3 and 8 are generally more ENTJ and 7 is generally more ENTP. That I certainly can't argue with you on. However, that's not to say that the opposite isn't possible too. I'm an ENFP 378 and you're probably some variation of the 378 tritype as well. As an ENFP 378, I find that my Fi and Te duke it out a little bit more frequently than most ENFPs. It's like I'm in a constant battle between my 3 and my 7 fixes and I'm never sure who will win.

Info on the tritype: Type 3 - Enneagram

JustCallMeBrad

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Here's my two cents, though I'm not ENTx so I'm not sure how well I can relate on a personal level! Anyone else can feel free to correct me. I think ENTP with E8 or E3 could mistype as an ENTJ, for sure. 3 and 8 can definitely be very Te-heavy functions, at least at their basic and archetypal levels. However, 3 and 8 give people of any MBTI type a certain robustness that light-hearted and scattered ENTPs sometimes lack. ENTJ 7s are substantially less common than ENTP 3s. Probably more uncommon than ENTP 8s as well. ENTJs generally don't prioritize the kinds of things a 7 would prioritize. Very, very helpful Enneagram website for more info on all the types as well as what each tritype/etc. look like: Enneagram - Home Overall, you're right in thinking that 3 and 8 are generally more ENTJ and 7 is generally more ENTP. That I certainly can't argue with you on. However, that's not to say that the opposite isn't possible too. I'm an ENFP 378 and you're probably some variation of the 378 tritype as well. As an ENFP 378, I find that my Fi and Te duke it out a little bit more frequently than most ENFPs. It's like I'm in a constant battle between my 3 and my 7 fixes and I'm never sure who will win. Info on the tritype: Type 3 - Enneagram
Thanks for the information and the links! I found a test and I got 386 as my tritype. The 6 part seems weird really, but then again, I don't know much about E6, so it might be right. I'm definitely have 3 as my core type, with an 8 fix somewhere, but I don't know about the other number, so if anyone's got a good explanation of 358, 385, 368, 386, 378, or 387, I'd love to hear that.