• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 7w6-fix or 7w8-fix?

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My tritype is 3w2-7wx-8w7 -- this much I know pretty much for certain. I am struggling to figure out whether my head fix is 7w6 or 7w8. Basically, my frustration comes from the fact that 7w6 describes me on the whole better than 7w8 (I'm very goofy, jovial, natural entertainer, idealistic, etc.) However, in terms of which pure types I go most strongly with, I am more 8 than 6. Would I be 7w6 since it fits me more than 7w8? Or would I be 7w8 because I am on the whole more 8 than I am 6 (i.e. when I take tests it says "your strongest types are 3 then 7 then 2 then 8 then 6."

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm trying to decide on 7w6/6w7 myself, but anyway. I think that's an interesting question, I mean, it's better to be in a situation where you get WHY the two types are neighbors, and see how they feed into each other, so you can see why it might be a wing, rather than just treating them separately (or looking at descriptions artifiically).

So basically I tend to think 6w7/7w6 will tend to have a certain nervous energy, a combination of seeking pleasure, escapes, etc and feeling doubt/hesitance/caution. Type 7 at its purest, with least wing intervention, is anxious not independently, but anxious more because of not wanting to lose out in anything pleasing.

I don't encourage everyone to choose a wing. Some seem to just be better off thinking of having balanced wings.

7's neighboring to 8 is about 8 repressing inhibition. While 7s are more likely to use rationalization and the like to establish control over their pleasure-seeking, because basically this adds a layer of protection against disappointment, 8s are not a head type...they would often view even this as too inhibitory.

KitchenFly

Do you identify this energy 7w6 / 7w8 as being Sensing first or thinking first?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Just a random thought to throw out there, and is a comparison I've heard between the 7w6 and 7w8 types out there. Both have this enthusiasm and sense of adventure, and both lead forward seeking out that stimulation for what's next. The w6 will do this all while seeing the reality of the situation, that there are limits to be considered, and the 7w8 will charge through to get what they want, almost as if there ARE no limits to what they seek.

This is just what I've run into and helps to distinguish the two for me, and is broadly describing each of course, I'm sure there are more nuances. Any other 7s wanna chime in on this comparison?? I feel [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] is one of the forum Enneagram experts, and is a 7! Maybe she can chime in on these two varying 7 types? :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pay attention to instinctual variant here. I see you're sx first. If that's accurate, some of your 8ish vibes might be coming from that place. Also wings are different from core. If 7w6 sounds more accurate than 7w8 then youre prob a 6wing. I am 2w1 and 9w1 and score VERY low on core 1.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Regarding [MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] s post I agree with that comparison 100%. I think a 7w6 is more anxiety based with that undercurrent of worry below that upbeat and joyful 7 while I think a 7w8 will have an undercurrent of anger below that joyful front. I think to compare the two 7w6 is generally more of a clown archetype while 7w8 is more of a thrill seeker type.

A 7w6 will seek other peoples approval more hence the clown comparison as the 7w6 I think subconsciously seeks security by wanting to be entertaining while the 7w8 seeks some degree of control hence the more realistic and more thrill seeking side. Ill speak from my own experience as a probable 7w6 that I like to have fun and good times and mostly dont worry much but at times that 6 undercurrent means that I will sometimes stop and think and be like hmmmm is that wise. Like say I wanna play a prank and I will rush ahead then get cold feet like is that gonna bring bad times for me. In that same siutation I imagine a 7w8 would be more bold.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Pay attention to instinctual variant here. I see you're sx first. If that's accurate, some of your 8ish vibes might be coming from that place. Also wings are different from core. If 7w6 sounds more accurate than 7w8 then youre prob a 6wing. I am 2w1 and 9w1 and score VERY low on core 1.

Ahh true true, that Sx dom influence. Hmm interesting. Good insite!

Starry

Just a random thought to throw out there, and is a comparison I've heard between the 7w6 and 7w8 types out there. Both have this enthusiasm and sense of adventure, and both lead forward seeking out that stimulation for what's next. The w6 will do this all while seeing the reality of the situation, that there are limits to be considered, and the 7w8 will charge through to get what they want, almost as if there ARE no limits to what they seek.

This is just what I've run into and helps to distinguish the two for me, and is broadly describing each of course, I'm sure there are more nuances. Any other 7s wanna chime in on this comparison?? I feel [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] is one of the forum Enneagram experts, and is a 7! Maybe she can chime in on these two varying 7 types? :)

I am so thrown off by the Linus avatar...E_D!

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I am so thrown off by the Linus avatar...E_D!

Hahaha right?! Not even just the character but the pose, color scheme, everything! Though, there could literally be hundreds of reasons someone may identify with a character or choose one for an avatar. Maybe [MENTION=23396]OneLovelyAdventure[/MENTION] has a blue blanket fetish and uses this avatar as an aspirational tool? Actually... Just dawned on me, OK, I associate that image with Si, wth, let's say inferior Si because his face is unsure and almost defeated (just throwing ideas out here a hot sec) so he returns to his comfort place to seek his security. Though, we all know he is never without that blanket, and that can be dom Si. Do we go off the face value image and fill it in with our perceptions or go with what is known and remove our own personal perceptions?

I'm looking WAY too into this...look what you made me do Starry, thanks :dry:

With my avatar, one could say I desire to be whisked away from my known self by a superior AI and bring me into a new reality, one without the limitations of human kind. Well ok, that's ONE possible interpretation...

I take back my initial sarcasm, this little mental adventure was fun! Thanks Starry :happy2:

Starry

Hahaha right?! Not even just the character but the pose, color scheme, everything! Though, there could literally be hundreds of reasons someone may identify with a character or choose one for an avatar. Maybe [MENTION=23396]OneLovelyAdventure[/MENTION] has a blue blanket fetish and uses this avatar as an aspirational tool? Actually... Just dawned on me, OK, I associate that image with Si, wth, let's say inferior Si because his face is unsure and almost defeated (just throwing ideas out here a hot sec) so he returns to his comfort place to seek his security. Though, we all know he is never without that blanket, and that can be dom Si. Do we go off the face value image and fill it in with our perceptions or go with what is known and remove our own personal perceptions?

I'm looking WAY too into this...look what you made me do Starry, thanks :dry:

With my avatar, one could say I desire to be whisked away from my known self by a superior AI and bring me into a new reality, one without the limitations of human kind. Well ok, that's ONE possible interpretation...

I take back my initial sarcasm, this little mental adventure was fun! Thanks Starry :happy2:

I meant what I said about Linus. That's a classic character in animation... you don't ignore something like that there's significance there.

You also have to understand that I'm 7w6 and am being impacted by all the things being said. One of the things you wrote hit me in the painful enneagram way which is how you know it's good. I'm stuck thinking about it....because I desperately need it answered...but don't want to derail this thread.

edit: I need someone to put Linus and e8 in a relationship for me.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I meant what I said about Linus. That's a classic character in animation... you don't ignore something like that there's significance there.

You also have to understand that I'm 7w6 and am being impacted by all the things being said. One of the things you wrote hit me in the painful enneagram way which is how you know it's good. I'm stuck thinking about it....because I desperately need it answered...but don't want to derail this thread.

edit: I need someone to put Linus and e8 in a relationship for me.

Hmm... I think I see the conundrum here. I watched some episodes but not nearly enough for me to form any connections with the characters. I have nothing to base my speculation off of so I will be of no help here unfortunately. If I did have any sort of attachment then totally, finding out why the user chose him as his avi would have much more weight for me.

Starry

Hmm... I think I see the conundrum here. I watched some episodes but not nearly enough for me to form any connections with the characters. I have nothing to base my speculation off of so I will be of no help here unfortunately. If I did have any sort of attachment then totally, finding out why the user chose him as his avi would have much more weight for me.

Don't worry...I will try to figure it out.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha, I know the Linus avatar is very strange for an ENFP 378 sx!

I identified with Linus almost too much as a small child. I was neurotic, very anxious, a bit fearful, overthought and analyzed everything, took comfort in solace, basically everything Linus does. It turned out I had some pretty serious biopsychological issues going on and, once I was treated, became an entirely new person. (It actually made me wonder if I wasn't INFx p6w5 or something for a very long time, because of how messed up I was as a kid.) I'm not really like Linus anymore, but when I was very young I took solace in watching Peanuts programs every Christmas and Halloween and seeing someone like me -- soft-spoken, panicky, fidgety. His face in the picture is just one I'm so familiar with making -- confused and maybe a little worried. Now that I'm better I see people like Linus and just want to give them hugs. I still find Linus a very cute and sweet character and I'll always hold a soft spot for him!

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The 6 wing adds an element of projection to the 7's rationalisation. This leads to a sense of being trapped in rigid limits (projection of disintegration to 1).
With the 8 wing, denial combines with rationalisation, leading to a denial of limits.
Unlike the 6 winger, the 7w8 believes that there are no limits. The 7w6 knows there are limits and hates them.