• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Enneagram Tritype Test attempt/start. Stop by, take the test/add on, please?

Rouskyrie

When I discovered the Enneagram, I became extremely interested in it and was disappointed to find that there wasn't very many options for tritype tests, so I decided to make an attempt to create one. It's not perfect, but it's a start, I suppose. Please, if you can spare some time, answer and leave some suggestions/constructive criticism. :)

Part 1-A - traits;
Choose the set of traits that are most like you.
After that, choose a second and third set of traits that are the next most similar to you.
Then state which are somewhat similar and which are nothing like you.

A.) Traits: Strong Willed, Decisive, Tough Minded, Domineering, Controlling, Aggressive.
B.) Traits: Analytical, Knowledgeable, Observant, Detached, Isolated, Nihilistic.
C.) Traits: Unique, Emotional, Creative, Self-Absorbed, Self-Deprecating, Self Conscious.
D.) Traits: Easygoing, Trusting, Conciliatory, Self-Effacing, Escapist, Passive Aggressive.
E.) Traits: Empathetic, Altruistic, Sentimental, People-Pleasing, Manipulative, Victimizing.
F.) Traits: Ambitious,Energetic, Self-Assured, Scheming, Narcissistic, Monomaniacal.
G.) Traits: Loyal, Practical, Trustworthy, Fearful, Distrustful, Defensive.
H.) Traits: Moralistic, Perfectionistic, Self-Disciplined, Self-Righteous, Critical, Obsessive.
I.) Traits: Future Oriented, Extroverted, Open Minded, Compulsive, Reluctant, Arrogant.

Most like me (1):

Second most similar (1):

Third most similar (1):

Somewhat similar:

Nothing like me:

Part 1-B - Fears;
Choose which fears most apply to you, (Major) which fears slightly apply, (Intermediate) and which fears you feel you don't experience (Seemingly nonexistent).

A.) The fear of deprivation and pain;
"My needs will not be met by others, so I must pursue them alone."
"I must run away from pain, sadness and helplessness."

B.) The fear of lacking a unique, significant identity;
"I must prove my uniqueness to others."
"I would be worthless and unlovable if I was average."

C.) The fear of being evil or corrupt;
"I must be good in a world filled with corruption."
"I fear that I am corrupt, so I must always strive towards good to prove myself wrong."

D.) The fear of being harmed or controlled by others;
"I strive to become strong and independent."
"I fear being betrayed, controlled or violated, so I must remain in control."

E.) The fear of being unloved or unwanted by others;
"I strive to be loved and wanted by those around me."
"I fear there is nothing lovable about myself, so I must help others in order to earn love."

F.) The fear of loss and separation from others;
"I strive to maintain internal and external harmony."
"I fear I will become disconnected from others, so I must create harmony to ensure they remain in my life."

G.) The fear of being unaccomplished and worthless;
"I strive to achieve success, it is a measure of my own worth."
"I fear that I am worthless and undesirable without my achievements."

H.) The fear of being helpless and inadequate;
"I strive to become knowledgeable in all areas of my interest."
"I fear that I may become incapable of dealing with the world, so I must learn more to feel competent."

I.) The fear of being without support or guidance;
"I strive to find support and guidance from people around me."
"I fear I am incapable of surviving on my own, so I must find support/direction from others."

Guiding fears (Major) (3):

Secondary fears (Intermediate):

Nonexistent fears:

Part 2 - Problem Emotions;
Each of the Enneagram types has a way of dealing with their "problem emotion".
Those three emotions are Anger, Shame and Fear. Everyone deals with all three, but certain types pertain to one more than the other two.
Types within the Instinctive triad (8, 9 and 1) correspond with Anger.
Types within the Heart triad (2, 3 and 4) correspond with Shame.
Types within the Fear triad (5, 6 and 7) correspond with Fear.

But how do you express Anger, Shame and Fear?

A.) Externalized anger: Openly displayed anger.
B.) Repressed anger: Avoidance of showing anger openly, but it sometimes manifests as passive-aggressiveness.
C.) Internalized anger: Harshly criticizing one's self. May also appear as judgmental tendencies.

A.) Externalized shame: Openly displays shame. May manifest as constantly needing approval or positive feedback.
B.) Repressed shame: Avoidance of shame. May manifest as trying to prove yourself to avoid the shame that you feel.
C.) Internalized shame: Keeping shame to yourself. May manifest as failure to believe anyone can understand your pain.

A.) Externalized fear: Expresses fear openly by displaying paranoia through hoarding, (Information, possessions) as well as detachment.
B.) Repressed fear: Avoidance of showing fear. May manifest as surrounding yourself with safety/security and suspiciousness of the unknown.
C.) Internalized fear: Keeping fear to yourself. May manifest as engaging in fun activities to avoid facing the fear contained within.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Part 1-A - traits;
After that, choose a second and third set of traits that are the next most similar to you.

A.) Traits: Strong Willed, Decisive, Tough Minded, Domineering, Controlling, Aggressive.
B.) Traits: Analytical, Knowledgeable, Observant, Detached, Isolated, Nihilistic.
C.) Traits: Unique, Emotional, Creative, Self-Absorbed, Self-Deprecating, Self Conscious.
D.) Traits: Easygoing, Trusting, Conciliatory, Self-Effacing, Escapist, Passive Aggressive.
E.) Traits: Empathetic, Altruistic, Sentimental, People-Pleasing, Manipulative, Victimizing.
F.) Traits: Ambitious,Energetic, Self-Assured, Scheming, Narcissistic, Monomaniacal.
H.) Traits: Moralistic, Perfectionistic, Self-Disciplined, Self-Righteous, Critical, Obsessive.
I.) Traits: Future Oriented, Extroverted, Open Minded, Compulsive, Reluctant, Arrogant.

Most like me (1): G

Second most similar (1): D

Third most similar (1): H

Somewhat similar: C, E, A

Nothing like me: F, I, B

Part 1-B - Fears;
Choose which fears most apply to you, (Major) which fears slightly apply, (Intermediate) and which fears you feel you don't experience (Seemingly nonexistent).

"I fear that I am corrupt, so I must always strive towards good to prove myself wrong."

"I fear there is nothing lovable about myself, so I must help others in order to earn love."

"I fear I will become disconnected from others, so I must create harmony to ensure they remain in my life."

"I fear that I may become incapable of dealing with the world, so I must learn more to feel competent."

"I fear I am incapable of surviving on my own, so I must find support/direction from others."

Guiding fears (Major) (3): F, E, I

Secondary fears (Intermediate): A, C, D

Nonexistent fears: B, G, H

Those three emotions are Anger, Shame and Fear. Everyone deals with all three, but certain types pertain to one more than the other two.

B.) Repressed anger: Avoidance of showing anger openly, but it sometimes manifests as passive-aggressiveness.
C.) Internalized anger: Harshly criticizing one's self. May also appear as judgmental tendencies.

^both I can't pick. I don't like showing anger (but I get frustrated very easily and am more likely to express that online). A little more C than B.

A.) Externalized shame: Openly displays shame. May manifest as constantly needing approval or positive feedback.
B.) Repressed shame: Avoidance of shame. May manifest as trying to prove yourself to avoid the shame that you feel.
C.) Internalized shame: Keeping shame to yourself. May manifest as failure to believe anyone can understand your pain.

^I can relate to aspects of both so it's too hard to pick. I don't openly display shame, but I need constant and frequent validation. I keep the shame to myself and it makes me feel worthless, but I'm not preoccupied with thinking that "no one can ever understand my pain."

A.) Externalized fear: Expresses fear openly by displaying paranoia through hoarding, (Information, possessions) as well as detachment.
B.) Repressed fear: Avoidance of showing fear. May manifest as surrounding yourself with safety/security and suspiciousness of the unknown.
C.) Internalized fear: Keeping fear to yourself. May manifest as engaging in fun activities to avoid facing the fear contained within.

^Can't pick, none fit. I don't avoid my fear but other than that I would relate to B. I express my fear but not through the ways it describes. I like to be surrounded with safety and security.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

Most like me (1): D

Second most similar (1): E

Third most similar (1): C

Somewhat similar: G

Nothing like me: A

Part 1-B - Fears;

Guiding fears (Major) (3): F, I, E

Secondary fears (Intermediate): A, B, G

Nonexistent fears: C, H, D

(Both are very applicable)

(I share my fears and bounce things off people constantly, so that's externalizing, but the bolded option shows how I then deal with it.)

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Part 1-A - traits;

Most like me (1): C

Second most similar (1): H

Third most similar (1): G

Somewhat similar: B, A, I

Nothing like me: F, E, D

Part 1-B - Fears;

Guiding fears (Major) (3): C, B, D

Secondary fears (Intermediate): A, H, E

Nonexistent fears: F, G, I

Rouskyrie

Part 1-A - traits;

Most like me (1): G

Second most similar (1): D

Third most similar (1): H

Somewhat similar: C, E, A

Nothing like me: F, I, B

Part 1-B - Fears;

Guiding fears (Major) (3): F, E, I

Secondary fears (Intermediate): A, C, D

Nonexistent fears: B, G, H

^both I can't pick. I don't like showing anger (but I get frustrated very easily and am more likely to express that online). A little more C than B.

^I can relate to aspects of both so it's too hard to pick. I don't openly display shame, but I need constant and frequent validation. I keep the shame to myself and it makes me feel worthless, but I'm not preoccupied with thinking that "no one can ever understand my pain."

^Can't pick, none fit. I don't avoid my fear but other than that I would relate to B. I express my fear but not through the ways it describes. I like to be surrounded with safety and security.

According to your answers, based on what I have for the test so far, your result is 6w7, 1w9, 2w1.
As a whole, however, your result looks more like: 6w7 > 1w9 > 2w1 > 1w2 > 9w1 > 9w8 > 8w9 > 8w7 > 3w2 > 3w4 > 4w3 > 4w5> 7w6 > 7w8 > 5w4 > 5w6 > 6w5 > 2w3.
I need to make improvements, once I figure out where to start, so it's not perfect.. yet. I feel the need to apologize for that.
Any suggestions as to how I could improve upon this?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
According to your answers, based on what I have for the test so far, your result is 6w7, 1w9, 2w1.
As a whole, however, your result looks more like: 6w7 > 1w9 > 2w1 > 1w2 > 9w1 > 9w8 > 8w9 > 8w7 > 3w2 > 3w4 > 4w3 > 4w5> 7w6 > 7w8 > 5w4 > 5w6 > 6w5 > 2w3.
I need to make improvements, once I figure out where to start, so it's not perfect.. yet. I feel the need to apologize for that.
Any suggestions as to how I could improve upon this?

No need to apologize at all; I think it's a pretty good test. It's around how I usually score.
For background, I used to type as 9w1, 6w7, 2w1. Later determined that 6 was the core. That 1 wing on the 9 is very strong, to the point that some tests give me a higher 1 than 9 score, which I'm fine with. I usually score low on 4 on tests but eventually swapped out my 2 fix for a 4 fix (after consulting some other typology-interested friends). But I score really high in the positive outlook types, so my 2 usually comes up pretty high.
So I'd say your test is pretty good. It definitely does a better job than some tests I've seen.
Only thing I can think of is that sometimes the first part was hard because I found myself relating to the "good" and not the "bad", or the "bad" and not the "good." Or in general relating to parts of a type but not the whole type. But that's not really a fault with your test, just human complexity. :wink:

Rouskyrie

Most like me (1): D

Second most similar (1): E

Third most similar (1): C

Somewhat similar: G

Nothing like me: A

Part 1-B - Fears;

Guiding fears (Major) (3): F, I, E

Secondary fears (Intermediate): A, B, G

Nonexistent fears: C, H, D

(Both are very applicable)

(I share my fears and bounce things off people constantly, so that's externalizing, but the bolded option shows how I then deal with it.)

Your result: 6w7, 9w1, 2w1.
Your complete result: 6w7 > 9w1 > 2w1 > 1w9 > 1w2 > 2w3 > 4w3 > 7w6 > 7w8> 3w2 > 3w4 > 6w5 > 9w8 > 8w9 > 8w7 > 4w5 > 5w4 > 5w6
Any suggestions on how to improve this?

- - - Updated - - -

Part 1-A - traits;

Most like me (1): C

Second most similar (1): H

Third most similar (1): G

Somewhat similar: B, A, I

Nothing like me: F, E, D

Part 1-B - Fears;

Guiding fears (Major) (3): C, B, D

Secondary fears (Intermediate): A, H, E

Nonexistent fears: F, G, I

Your result: 6w5, 4w5, 1w2.
Your full result, however, is: 6w5 > 4w5 > 1w2 > 6w7 > 1w9 > 5w6 > 5w4 > 8w7 > 7w8 > 8w9 > 7w6 > 2w3 > 3w2 > 3w4 > 4w3 > 9w1 > 9w8 > 2w1.
Any suggestions as to how I could improve this?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your result: 6w5, 4w5, 1w2.
Your full result, however, is: 6w5 > 4w5 > 1w2 > 6w7 > 1w9 > 5w6 > 5w4 > 8w7 > 7w8 > 8w9 > 7w6 > 2w3 > 3w2 > 3w4 > 4w3 > 9w1 > 9w8 > 2w1.
Any suggestions as to how I could improve this?

Thanks for making this test. The results are very accurate for me. I'm currently typing as 6w5 1w2 4w5, but 6w5 4w5 1w2 is equally as likely.

I don't have any practical suggestions on how you could improve this. My only criticism is how much this tests relies on self identification. I could tell which answer went with which enneatype, though I don't know how you could really change that.

Rouskyrie

No need to apologize at all; I think it's a pretty good test. It's around how I usually score.
For background, I used to type as 9w1, 6w7, 2w1. Later determined that 6 was the core. That 1 wing on the 9 is very strong, to the point that some tests give me a higher 1 than 9 score, which I'm fine with. I usually score low on 4 on tests but eventually swapped out my 2 fix for a 4 fix (after consulting some other typology-interested friends). But I score really high in the positive outlook types, so my 2 usually comes up pretty high.
So I'd say your test is pretty good. It definitely does a better job than some tests I've seen.
Only thing I can think of is that sometimes the first part was hard because I found myself relating to the "good" and not the "bad", or the "bad" and not the "good." Or in general relating to parts of a type but not the whole type. But that's not really a fault with your test, just human complexity. :wink:

Fair enough. Thank you, and thank you again for taking the time to comment/take the test, it really means a lot to me. :)
As for your background, that's really interesting. I also noticed you're an ISFJ. Surreal, ISFJ's have always seemed interesting to me.
Some people say I might be one, but I haven't figured that out yet. IXFJ is as far as I've gotten. xP

Rouskyrie

Thanks for making this test. The results are very accurate for me. I'm currently typing as 6w5 1w2 4w5, but 6w5 4w5 1w2 is equally as likely.

I don't have any practical suggestions on how you could improve this. My only criticism is how much this tests relies on self identification. I could tell which answer went with which enneatype, though I don't know how you could really change that.

No need to thank me, it's far from where it should be, at the moment. :p I aspire to make this into a test that people use as an exemplary tritype test. But you're welcome. Thank you for taking the time to comment/take the test, I sincerely appreciate it. And hmm, noted. I hope to add more questions and put less emphasis on the self-identification aspect, but I wasn't sure where to start. I work better in terms of improvements with feedback from others, for whatever reason.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Part 1-A - traits;

Most like me (1): B

Second most similar (1): I

Third most similar (1): D

Somewhat similar: F, E

Nothing like me: H, G, C, A

Part 1-B - Fears;

Guiding fears (Major) (3): A, D, H

Secondary fears (Intermediate): B, F, G

Nonexistent fears: C, E, I

Rouskyrie

Part 1-A - traits;

Most like me (1): B

Second most similar (1): I

Third most similar (1): D

Somewhat similar: F, E

Nothing like me: H, G, C, A

Part 1-B - Fears;

Guiding fears (Major) (3): A, D, H

Secondary fears (Intermediate): B, F, G

Nonexistent fears: C, E, I

Your result: 6w5, 9w8, 3w4.
Complete result: 6w5 > 9w8 > 3w4 > 6w7 > 8w9 > 5w6 > 9w1 > 1w9 > 1w2 > 3w2 > 8w7 > 5w4 > 7w6 > 7w8 > 2w1 > 2w3 > 4w3 > 4w5.
Suggestions for improvement?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your result: 6w5, 9w8, 3w4.
Complete result: 6w5 > 9w8 > 3w4 > 6w7 > 8w9 > 5w6 > 9w1 > 1w9 > 1w2 > 3w2 > 8w7 > 5w4 > 7w6 > 7w8 > 2w1 > 2w3 > 4w3 > 4w5.
Suggestions for improvement?

Extremely surprised and doubtful of the 6. Was that in error?

Rouskyrie

Extremely surprised and doubtful of the 6. Was that in error?

Whoops, I did mean to put "6w5/5w6" at the beginning since your scores for those were equal. Other than that, no. Your answers spoke for themselves, in my opinion.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Whoops, I did mean to put "6w5/5w6" at the beginning since your scores for those were equal. Other than that, no. Your answers spoke for themselves, in my opinion.

Then I am curious about the calculation process or a clarification of defintions at play since it appears to me that my 6 and 7 results are swapped around.

In part A, I selected "I" which seems to relate to E7 as second most relatable and "G" which seems to relate to E6 as one of the least.

In part B, I selected "A" (again, associated with E7) as a major fear and "I" (associated with E6) as a non-existent fear.

In part C, I highlighted all of externalized fear (E7), part of internalized fear (E5) and none of repressed fear (E6).

So unless you're using different defintions than what I'm familiar with or a very creative calculation scheme, I do not understand how 6 outscored 7 without there being an error on one of our sides.

Rouskyrie

Then I am curious about the calculation process or a clarification of defintions at play since it appears to me that my 6 and 7 results are swapped around.

In part A, I selected "I" which seems to relate to E7 as second most relatable and "G" which seems to relate to E6 as one of the least.

In part B, I selected "A" (again, associated with E7) as a major fear and "I" (associated with E6) as a non-existent fear.

In part C, I highlighted all of externalized fear (E7), part of internalized fear (E5) and none of repressed fear (E6).

So unless you're using different defintions than what I'm familiar with or a very creative calculation scheme, I do not understand how 6 outscored 7.

You know what? You're right. I took a look at it again and somehow I managed to mix that up, haha. I'm really sorry, I probably look foolish right about now.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You know what? You're right. I took a look at it again and somehow I managed to mix that up, haha. I'm really sorry, I probably look foolish right about now.

Not at all. I was trying to clear up my own confusion and I apologize if I came across as demeaning. Thanks for looking into it.

Rouskyrie

Not at all. I was trying to clear up my own confusion and I apologize if I came across as demeaning. Thanks for looking into it.

Fair enough, no problem. And you didn't come across as demeaning, by any means. Would you happen to have any suggestions, in terms of things I could fix, or add to the test? I'm looking to improve it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Part 1-A - traits;

2- B.) Traits: Analytical, Knowledgeable, Observant, Detached, Isolated, Nihilistic.
1 - C.) Traits: Unique, Emotional, Creative, Self-Absorbed, Self-Deprecating, Self Conscious.
3- H.) Traits: Moralistic, Perfectionistic, Self-Disciplined, Self-Righteous, Critical, Obsessive.

Most like me (1): C - pretty much all fits

Second most similar (1): B - not so much nihilistic, detachment and analytical modes are not constant

Third most similar (1): H - not that self-disciplined (although in certain areas I am), this is also my "uglier" side

Somewhat similar: D,E,I,A

Nothing like me: G,F

Part 1-B - Fears;

E - Although, I know what type this goes with, and that type doesnt fit, this is my most conscious fear on a basic level. I wouldnt say I try to be helpful to win love, although sometimes I might. I think I try to seem special, exotic or perhaps admirable in some way. I don't think all 2s seduce via "helpfulness" either.

B. I consciously don't fear not being unique. I admit I always feel unique, whether I am or not. I actually bemoan feeling different all the time. I do feel insignificance - like I'm doomed to a pointless, meaningless, mundane existence. I also fear a loss of identity - having obligations or relationships pushing me to conform to something that isn't me.

A. Or H. I don't fear deprivation or pain, but I do feel like I need to be independent and competent to meet my own needs, because I don't want to burden others, and I feel like dependency cuts into my freedom. I also dont like feeling needy. I don't consciously fear not being knowledgable - I usually feel knowledgable. I do have a need to understand things in-depth, to the point where I need that understanding or even a theory before I act.

D. I fear being controlled or manipulated. Automomy is important to me.

G. Yep. Feeling worthless and like I need to accomplish more or better things hangs over me a lot.

Secondary fears (Intermediate): C,F

Nonexistent fears: I

- I do all of these, but seem to swing between A or B. I am more aggressive-aggressive than passive-aggressive. C is the best fit.

- All of these, but less so A, some B, and a lot of C.

- I relate least to fear as described here. I wouldn't have considered my fear externalized, but that description suits me best. I would say I detach, run away, and alienate myself and also will gather info to "deal" with fears.

Rouskyrie

Part 1-A - traits;

2- B.) Traits: Analytical, Knowledgeable, Observant, Detached, Isolated, Nihilistic.
1 - C.) Traits: Unique, Emotional, Creative, Self-Absorbed, Self-Deprecating, Self Conscious.
3- H.) Traits: Moralistic, Perfectionistic, Self-Disciplined, Self-Righteous, Critical, Obsessive.

Most like me (1): C - pretty much all fits

Second most similar (1): B - not so much nihilistic, detachment and analytical modes are not constant

Third most similar (1): H - not that self-disciplined (although in certain areas I am), this is also my "uglier" side

Somewhat similar: D,E,I,A

Nothing like me: G,F

Part 1-B - Fears;

E - Although, I know what type this goes with, and that type doesnt fit, this is my most conscious fear on a basic level. I wouldnt say I try to be helpful to win love, although sometimes I might. I think I try to seem special, exotic or perhaps admirable in some way. I don't think all 2s seduce via "helpfulness" either.

B. I consciously don't fear not being unique. I admit I always feel unique, whether I am or not. I actually bemoan feeling different all the time. I do feel insignificance - like I'm doomed to a pointless, meaningless, mundane existence. I also fear a loss of identity - having obligations or relationships pushing me to conform to something that isn't me.

A. Or H. I don't fear deprivation or pain, but I do feel like I need to be independent and competent to meet my own needs, because I don't want to burden others, and I feel like dependency cuts into my freedom. I also dont like feeling needy. I don't consciously fear not being knowledgable - I usually feel knowledgable. I do have a need to understand things in-depth, to the point where I need that understanding or even a theory before I act.

D. I fear being controlled or manipulated. Automomy is important to me.

G. Yep. Feeling worthless and like I need to accomplish more or better things hangs over me a lot.

Secondary fears (Intermediate): C,F

Nonexistent fears: I

- I do all of these, but seem to swing between A or B. I am more aggressive-aggressive than passive-aggressive. C is the best fit.

- All of these, but less so A, some B, and a lot of C.

- I relate least to fear as described here. I wouldn't have considered my fear externalized, but that description suits me best. I would say I detach, run away, and alienate myself and also will gather info to "deal" with fears.

Your result: 4w5, 1w9, 2w1.
Your complete result: 4w5 > 1w9 > 2w1 > 5w4 > 1w2 > 3w4 > 4w3 > 2w3 > 9w1 > 7w8 > 7w6 > 3w2 > 6w5 > 5w6 > 6w7 > 8w7 > 8w9 > 9w8
Any suggestions for improving this test?
On a side note: Thank you for taking the time to comment, I sincerely appreciate it.