• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 4w3/ENFPs: what are your secrets for happiness?

burningbright01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a 4w3 sx/sp, ENFP. After struggling with perfectionism and an eating disorder for many years in my teens/early 20s, I have had to work hard on my happiness. I am currently 29 and feel a lot better than I did in my younger years. What helps me be happy is a job that gives me a lot of purpose; a very stable romantic partner (7w8 sp/so ENTP... Sometimes I think his love of excitement and variety is a big reason our relationship works!), a half-blind rescue dog (she helps me get out of my head and emotions, and honestly she helps me be less self-absorbed), and staying physically active (although I have been sidelined for 6mos with a hip injury, which has sucked since that was a big way I dealt with my Type 4ness). I can definitely relate to the 4's struggle with strong emotions, turbulent/push-pull relationships, envy....etc. I am trying to meditate more and engage in more creative pursuits to continue becoming healthier.

What are other 4w3's secrets to a happy life? Any other 4w3/ENFPs out there?

❤️ BurningBright01